10 day advanced check in

There have been many questions and or comments posted regarding getting up grades at your hotel (ie: what may work, what may not). Has anyone had any luck with getting an upgrade after checking in with Disney’s new 10 day advance on-line check in. Or is it just worth doing it the old fasioned way and wait for check in to try your luck.

Havent’ heard either way. I think you may have better luck in person…

I’m also curious about the online check-in. Thanks to a great tip on MouseBuzz we changed airports (we have to drive a little further, but saving about $350 on airfare) & now will be arriving in Orlando at 11:30pm. Is the online check-in something I can do from home before we leave? What sort of upgrades are we talking about?

The last time we were guests we stayed at Pop Century Resort. That was in March. I did the advance check in thing on line and when we got there to check in there was a very short line to stand in (only one person ahead of me) and everything was ready for me at the desk. Pretty nice set up. Of course that could change when more people catch on.
In May we are going back in our motor home to Ft. Wilderness. I am wondering if and how they are going to do the express check in at their campground motor home entrance.
We are Fl. residents and go about 4 times a year. This will be our 52nd stay at WDW resorts. I’m tired of lines.
Joe

I am looking forward to trying the advanced check in next week. I am not going to check in 10 days in advanced because i am on a wait list. But i will check in at 6 or 7 days. So next Friday or Saturday.

[QUOTE=subvetss;956310]The last time we were guests we stayed at Pop Century Resort. That was in March. I did the advance check in thing on line and when we got there to check in there was a very short line to stand in (only one person ahead of me) and everything was ready for me at the desk. Pretty nice set up. Of course that could change when more people catch on.
In May we are going back in our motor home to Ft. Wilderness. I am wondering if and how they are going to do the express check in at their campground motor home entrance.
We are Fl. residents and go about 4 times a year. This will be our 52nd stay at WDW resorts. I’m tired of lines.
Joe[/QUOTE]

If you go inside the check in building at FW there is a line for online check in. I am not sure if they handle this at all outside in the drive thru lanes, but you could always just go inside if there is a line. I usually check in around 8am and I never see a line!!

Does anyone have a link for the 10 day check in and is it avail at the values? For some reason this is the 1st time im seeing this.

Here is a link to info on all ears. Disney’s Online Resort Check-in

Here’s a link to the Disney Vacation page: Walt Disney World Resort - Detecting Browser Properties . . .

You can use it to view your reservation, create itineraries, create a customized map, AND check in up to 10 days in advance!!!

Good question-I was wondering the same thing-if we had a better chance of an upgrade if we checked in the old fashioned way!!!???

I wouldn’t put money on it, but I doubt it makes a difference. Upgrades are generally determined on the day of check-in and are usually randomly assigned. The advance check-in simply allows them to hook your room to a credid card and print your tickets.

So, am I understanding this properly? That It really just seems to help them print tickets etc. which ,makes their job a little faster at best?? I have always had only a couple of people ahead of me which makes me doubious as to if this will be worth it. Is there any reason to make people really want to do this? Thoughts please.:blush:

I am curious about advanced check-in for DVC reservations. We’ve always had a good track record with ‘special requests’ as far as buildings, locations, and rooms go at DVC resorts. I wonder if advanced check-in would sabotage that 'cause it assigns room by computer??

Hmm, maybe I should ask if anyone’s had any luck with that over in the DVC forums.

[QUOTE=WishUponAStar;962201]I am curious about advanced check-in for DVC reservations. We’ve always had a good track record with ‘special requests’ as far as buildings, locations, and rooms go at DVC resorts. I wonder if advanced check-in would sabotage that 'cause it assigns room by computer??

Hmm, maybe I should ask if anyone’s had any luck with that over in the DVC forums.[/QUOTE]

Wish–
We did online check in for both BWV and SSR for our trip and our requests were met on both even though they couldn’t be written on the online check in form!

BWV we asked for a high floor (got the 5th) and close to the elevators (and we weren’t that far from them!)
and
At SSR we asked for Springs or Grandstand and we were given Springs but we chose to be moved to a different area.

Thought I’d share my experience with DVC online check in…

[QUOTE=momofaprincess;962219]Wish–
We did online check in for both BWV and SSR for our trip and our requests were met on both even though they couldn’t be written on the online check in form!

BWV we asked for a high floor (got the 5th) and close to the elevators (and we weren’t that far from them!)
and
At SSR we asked for Springs or Grandstand and we were given Springs but we chose to be moved to a different area.

Thought I’d share my experience with DVC online check in…[/QUOTE]

Hmmm, then maybe I WILL try it! :smile: Worth a try, ya never know!

If you use the 10-day advanced check-in how early on the day of your arrival can you pick up your packet? Most of the time, we drive down through the night and arrive about 6 or 7 a.m. Do you think our packet would be ready? Sometimes our room is ready that early, sometimes it’s not, but we can always get our keys to the world and hit a park or two before going to our room. Anyone able to get their packet that early?