10 Dirtiest hotels. Ewww

Some friends chide me on going to WDW all the time. One of the factors that plays into that decision is how spoiled Ive become in the Disney resorts. The level of cleanliness at even the values is way above some higher end non-wdw hotels.

We will complain about dust in a corner at Disney, when our less fortunate traveling brethren are putting up with this.

TripAdvisor’s 2011 Top 10 Dirtiest Hotels :blow:

Yeah Mousekeeping.

If you want some light reading, just peruse some of the reviews. I’m considering calling Disney and offering to pay more for my room.

OMG!! That certainly makes one realize that Mousekeeping really knows how to keep thing in order. I aggree with you when you say that we can complain about smaller things, but that stuff is just gross. Thanks for the reality check!

I see that Virginia Beach’s Tropicana now called Palm Grove Hotel made it into the top 10 once again. They had to rename it because the Tropicana listing on Tripadvisor was too full and they couldn’t get anymore bad reviews in the file.

Palm trees…yep that’s what you think of in Virginia Beach.

Eeww. That’s just gross. And I think I stayed at the Super 8 in Estes Park about 25 years ago. :pinch:

I am SO bringing extra money to tip Mousekeeping when I go in September…

wow

This is one of my favorite quotes…
[I]
Assuming the other patrons had been quiet all night, I would still consider the Jack London Inn the worst hotel I had ever seen. The rooms displayed a level of filth and discomfort that mere neglect could never produce. The parking lot resembled a post apocalyptic junk yard. The halls reeked of cigarette smoke, body odor, and failure. Commuter rail trains, horns blasting, passed the hotel every few minutes.

I would have had a better experience drinking $45 of cheap wine and spending the night in Oakland’s drunk tank than I had at the Jack London Inn for $45 a night. At least the jailer would have had the courtesy to tell the inmates to be quiet. If Jack London were alive today, he would change his name to avoid any association with this benighted hotel.[/I]

UGH! I think I stopped reading at the “mouse feces”. What gets me is that in one report, the person actually GOES BACK for another stay. I have no sympathy for this kind of stupidity!

WDW resorts have spoiled us.

About a year or so ago I stayed in a place where the electric sockets were hanging off the walls, there was THICK dust and dirt everywhere, the bed sheets were filthy, people had written and dated on the walls when they were bitten by bed bugs, and when we went out for a couple of hours and came back there was fresh rat poo all over our bed. It’s safe to say I didn’t sleep that night!

Disney hotels are luxury :slight_smile:

Oh my, I have to admit my morbid curiosity led me to look at quite alot of the photographs and some of those hotels are beyond belief- how are they able to operate? surely they are a danger to health and safety? I would have turned on my heels and been straight out of the. door

OMG! That is crazy! I looked to see if any of the hotels I frequent when traveling made the list. Thank goodness none of them were.

[QUOTE=llama;1063989]

WDW resorts have spoiled us.[/QUOTE]

Now that I think about it, we’ve stayed in a couple of hotels over the last few years and every time we walk into our room and look around, someone inevitably says, “It’s not Disney. But it’ll do.” We have set our standards to Disney resorts and I didn’t even realize it! :laugh::wub:

[QUOTE=Rachred;1064001]About a year or so ago I stayed in a place where the electric sockets were hanging off the walls, there was THICK dust and dirt everywhere, the bed sheets were filthy, people had written and dated on the walls when they were bitten by bed bugs, and when we went out for a couple of hours and came back there was fresh rat poo all over our bed. It’s safe to say I didn’t sleep that night!

Disney hotels are luxury :)[/QUOTE]

Honestly, I would have slept on the street. Nothing could have kept me there all night.

I remember going down in March 09 and staying at a Days Inn close to the gates for one night before check in. I could not help but wonder if the room had been left unchanged and may have been the place I stayed with my parents in 86:blow:. With the coupon it was $50 or so for the night. I would rather stay at the Value resorts then ever go there again. We did not let the kids take there shoes off and had the door opened for a while.

[QUOTE=bribren;1063974]Some friends chide me on going to WDW all the time. One of the factors that plays into that decision is how spoiled Ive become in the Disney resorts. The level of cleanliness at even the values is way above some higher end non-wdw hotels.

We will complain about dust in a corner at Disney, when our less fortunate traveling brethren are putting up with this.

TripAdvisor’s 2011 Top 10 Dirtiest Hotels :blow:

Yeah Mousekeeping.

If you want some light reading, just peruse some of the reviews. I’m considering calling Disney and offering to pay more for my room.[/QUOTE]

I just threw up in my mouth…While I am not on board for paying WDW even more for my room, am totally on board for thanking them even more for a magical stay.:sleeping:

[QUOTE=bribren;1063988]This is one of my favorite quotes…
[I]
Assuming the other patrons had been quiet all night, I would still consider the Jack London Inn the worst hotel I had ever seen. The rooms displayed a level of filth and discomfort that mere neglect could never produce. The parking lot resembled a post apocalyptic junk yard. The halls reeked of cigarette smoke, body odor, and failure. Commuter rail trains, horns blasting, passed the hotel every few minutes.

I would have had a better experience drinking $45 of cheap wine and spending the night in Oakland’s drunk tank than I had at the Jack London Inn for $45 a night. At least the jailer would have had the courtesy to tell the inmates to be quiet. If Jack London were alive today, he would change his name to avoid any association with this benighted hotel.[/I][/QUOTE]

That’s what you get for staying in a hotel off Jack London Square where the train track is literally in the middle of the street.
It’s well known as a great place for train watching.
If you’re staying there, you should have done your homework instead of looking at only the price.

Oh yeah, a hotel near Buffalo “International” Airport, not surprising, and even less surprising is a motel in Elizabeth next to Newark Airport.
The sad thing is that one of the old art deco hotels on Miami Beach, 6 blocks south of the Fontainbleau made the list.

My Trip advisor just sent the top ten list dirtiest hotels for Europe, and I was sorry to see four of them were English (London) and the others were Amsterdam and Turkey. Considering Europe’s a pretty big place its not good to get four places on the list- ewwwwww

Just looked at No. 4 hotel carter… the photos of this place are disgusting I now feel sick

I am tooooo afraid to even look at those pics!!!:blow::pinch::eek:

I’m surprised so many were in Amsterdam! Isn’t Holland suppose to be known for it’s cleanliness? All rosy cheeks and wooden shoes?:rolleyes:

If you want a beautiful little hotel in London, try Aster House, on Sumner Place, SW. We’ve had 3 stays there and it never lets us down.

I spent a few hours just reading the reviews. Tha jack London inn has some exciting ones.