(02) The Dragon Challenge is an awesome coaster (top 25% of all coasters I’ve been on) that boasts a very little wait time. I know that there are two coasters available that can push though twice the amount of people that a normal coaster can handle, but a maximum wait time of 10 minutes during peak season? That’s insane.
(03) The Hollywood Rip Ride Rockit, while a great concept (which has a very cool restraint system I might add), was probably a bigger let down than HPATFJ. My problem with this coaster is that is slows down WAY too many times. Just when you get going… It slows down.
Then it does it again…
This is a bottom of the barrel roller coaster that I would never stand in line for in the event that the wait time was more than 20 minutes. What a letdown.
(04) Universal Orlando’s Horror Make-Up Show is probably the most underrated show in all of Orlando. It’s amazing! We laughed our butts off plus it’s very informative & entertaining.
This is a MUST DO.
(05) Last time I was at USO, Back to the Future still occupied the World Expo area so needless to say, this was the first time that I had the opportunity to check out the Simpsons Ride. Well, it was AWESOME! It’s the best ride at both parks by far. And we rode it again and again…
(06) And speaking of best rides, the best coaster at UOR is still, in my opinion, the Revenge of the Mummy ride. Sure, it’s WAY too short, but it’s still the best… Yes, better than the Dueling Dragons, errr, Dragon Challenge (the Montu @ BG in Tampa kicks its butt as well) and better than the head jarring Hulk (man that coaster gave both of us a headache every single time!!!).
(07) Finnegan’s Bar and Grill is the shiz. Their corned beef sandwich blows the Rose and Crown’s sandwich out of the water! Yeah, I know we’re talking Irish pub vs British pub but to me it’s no different than comparing a Canadian Steakhouse vs. an American Steakhouse.
We definitely stopped in for a pint or two throughout the day… many times. And I have to say, the gentleman who was singing & playing the guitar was a great entertainer, funny and excellent at his craft. Yes my friends, we had an awesome time there.
(08) I love Suess Landing. Yeah, that’s right. I said it… Grown man and all… And the Cat in the Hat whip ride is freakin awesome. This is my favorite land at IOA with Harry Potter coming in a close second and the Land of the Lost coming in third (eat at Mythos btw, it’s really good)
(09) The ONLY way to do the two theme parks is w/an express pass. Staying at a US resort is worth its weight in gold especially when you consider that your room key becomes an unlimited fast pass (express pass in “Universal” speak) for every darn attraction excluding the lame Rip Ride Rocket and HPATFJ. On top of that, you are allowed early entry into IOA one hour before everyone else (to experience Harry Potter Land) which is the only way to go.
Now, if you choose NOT to stay at one of the US resorts, then go ahead and spend the extra cha-ching for the EP.
We rocked out each park by 1pm each day (starting at rope-drop) which allowed us time to go back to the resort to relax, enjoy the pool, take a nap, and then re-do our faves later in the afternoon and evening.
The longest wait we had was on the Spiderman Ride because it broke down for 15 minutes… Other than that, we pretty much walked right on to every single ride and attraction… Even if it boasted a 60+ minute wait! How cool is THAT???