10th anniversary nightmare/wonderous dinner story!

For our 10th anniversary 7 years ago, we decided to get “gussied up” and treat ourselves to a meal at Yachtsman Steakhouse at the Yacht and Beach Club. Before our reservation time, we had enough time for a stroll on the WDW Boardwalk, and had a drink at the ESPN Club…we noticed hearing fire sirens in the near distance, didn’t give too much thought to them, and headed for the Yacht Club, which, naturally was where the sirens were headed as well, turns out there was a kitchen fire at Yachtsman Steakhouse…which left us bummed, just as importantly, hungry, with no dinner reservation.

We walked around the resort, and came across a restuarant which is now one of our mainstays…I speak of course of Beaches and Cream Soda Shop, home of the single greatest burgers and milkshakes DW and I have ever tasted, we explained to our server why we were so “fancied up” for a burger place, and she fawned over us, and we had the time of our lives.

What is my point here?? Simple…don’t overlook a hidden gem sometimes when looking for a place to have dinner on the fly…we are regular counter members for our burger and milky way sundae, and cannot say enough great things about Beaches & Cream, highly recommended…the only thing different is we go a lot more casual there!!

Beaches and Cream…if you haven’t tried it, don’t wait until you are smoked out of your special evening!!!

[QUOTE=jerseymouse;1012975]For our 10th anniversary 7 years ago, we decided to get “gussied up” and treat ourselves to a meal at Yachtsman Steakhouse at the Yacht and Beach Club. Before our reservation time, we had enough time for a stroll on the WDW Boardwalk, and had a drink at the ESPN Club…we noticed hearing fire sirens in the near distance, didn’t give too much thought to them, and headed for the Yacht Club, which, naturally was where the sirens were headed as well, turns out there was a kitchen fire at Yachtsman Steakhouse…which left us bummed, just as importantly, hungry, with no dinner reservation.

We walked around the resort, and came across a restuarant which is now one of our mainstays…I speak of course of Beaches and Cream Soda Shop, home of the single greatest burgers and milkshakes DW and I have ever tasted, we explained to our server why we were so “fancied up” for a burger place, and she fawned over us, and we had the time of our lives.

What is my point here?? Simple…don’t overlook a hidden gem sometimes when looking for a place to have dinner on the fly…we are regular counter members for our burger and milky way sundae, and cannot say enough great things about Beaches & Cream, highly recommended…the only thing different is we go a lot more casual there!!

Beaches and Cream…if you haven’t tried it, don’t wait until you are smoked out of your special evening!!![/QUOTE]

Lemons to lemonade! Lovely story!

Great story… did you take any pics of you and DW dressed up for your burgers? That would be a framer!