15 minutes of WDW fame?

It’d be interesting to hear some stories of MB’ers participation at WDW.

Over the years, my wife and I have been…

In “Harbor Attack” at Hollywood Studios (Backlot Tour boat scene)

Wife got to participate at the Diamond Horseshow show…sure wish they’d bring that one back!!

I got to participate at the Comedy Warehouse…miss that place!!

We were both chosen by the Monsters during the Laugh Floor show to converse with the monster comedians.

I think the lack of us having children has prevented us from grand marshalling the parade or helping to open the MK…no complaints, though!! Events like those belong to families…we are happy spectators.

Would love to hear some other ones from MB’ers!

Last year I got picked to play an “actor” in Indiana Jones.
My kids were picked to close the movie in Norway? a few years ago

I would love to open the park or be the Grand Marshall for a parade…that would be so cool

I was in the Indiana Jones show,
my younger son and I both did the Hook and Loop show (velcro) at Innoventions (that was fun),
younger son was in the Jedi training academy show
my older son was in a show at Seaworld, and
DH starred with the Monkey King in a show at China

We’ve been lucky!

When we were young my dad was picked two trips in a row to be in the Drew Carey soundshow at HS (MGM at the time). We always joked that it had something to do with his yellow shirt he was wearing.
DH was picked last year to be in the Indiana stunt show.

GREAT THREAD!!!

1. DH was chosen for Indiana Jones – TWICE! He probably will never go in that theater again Haha!

2. DS and DD got to open Magic Kingdom one year. We still have all the goodies and gifts they got!

DH and DD were in Harbor attack (Backlot Tour at HS) DH was a drummer in the ‘Doug’ show also at HS ( no longer shown)-DD and DH in the Liberty Square parade.

Crush has talked with DS two trips in a row at Turtle Talk, and not to just to let him ask a question. He’s been the first kid that he talks to- sort if interview him, and then Crush talks to the parents.:eek:The first time, DH did the talking. The second time, as we walked into the little Turtle Talk room, DH said, “If Crush talks to one of our kids, you get to do the talking as the parent.” I assured him that I was not concerned. Well I should have been. I couldn’t believe my ears when I heard him single out a “little dude” wearing a red shirt and when asked his name, I heard my son’s voice answer. So I has my 2 minutes of fame at WDW.:happy:

I had a totally embarrassing & traumatizing experience when I was 11 at Disney’s MGM Studios. Way back when, they used to have this big show where an audience would fill the bleachers and there were like 3 sets on the floor (or “stage”) with television cameras. We had never done the attraction before but when we were waiting in line to fill the audience a CM came over to me and asked “do you want to tell a story on stage?”

My Grandma was like “sure she would, she loves reading.” Apparantly my Grandma assumed I would be reading some cute story on stage in front of the audience off a teleprompter or something

WRROOOOOOONG…

The CMs took me into a room with 2 other unsuspecting tweens & told us we were telling stories “Improv Style with a big prop box on the set.” Ummmm. :mellow: I DID NOT sign up for thaaaaat! :laugh:

Next thing I knew I was on some “set” that looked like a Grandma’s attic, a red light came on the camera, & I had to use the props on set to tell a funny story & make the huge audience laugh!!!

I LITERALLY nearly died of fright! :blink: The whoooole time I was thinking “wheeeere is my Grandmother & WHY did she do this to me?” :glare:

I don’t even remember what I ended up telling a story about but at least I was first & could fly outta there like deer during hunting season. :laugh:

I STILL to this day remember what I was wearing 'cause I remember I kept staring over at the TV monitors to see what I looked like.

Needless to say, my Grandma never volunteered me for anything else again (in WDW that is) :laugh:

OH, and I do have one other Disney “15 moments of fame” story. I used to go to the tapings of the Mickey Mouse Club a lot at MGM Studios. Well one time, during the closing scene of the show, when the audience was invited to dance on set with the cast the camera actually filmed me daning for a good 5-10 seconds and it make it on the episode. :biggrin: haha. I looked tooooo cute in my red Sam & Libby ballet flats, big white puffy jumper, & teased hair. :laugh:

[QUOTE=WishUponAStar;1014054]I had a totally embarrassing & traumatizing experience when I was 11 at Disney’s MGM Studios. Way back when, they used to have this big show where an audience would fill the bleachers and there were like 3 sets on the floor (or “stage”) with television cameras. We had never done the attraction before but when we were waiting in line to fill the audience a CM came over to me and asked “do you want to tell a story on stage?”

My Grandma was like “sure she would, she loves reading.” Apparantly my Grandma assumed I would be reading some cute story on stage in front of the audience off a teleprompter or something

WRROOOOOOONG…

The CMs took me into a room with 2 other unsuspecting tweens & told us we were telling stories “Improv Style with a big prop box on the set.” Ummmm. :mellow: I DID NOT sign up for thaaaaat! :laugh:

Next thing I knew I was on some “set” that looked like a Grandma’s attic, a red light came on the camera, & I had to use the props on set to tell a funny story & make the huge audience laugh!!!

I LITERALLY nearly died of fright! :blink: The whoooole time I was thinking “wheeeere is my Grandmother & WHY did she do this to me?” :glare:

I don’t even remember what I ended up telling a story about but at least I was first & could fly outta there like deer during hunting season. :laugh:

I STILL to this day remember what I was wearing 'cause I remember I kept staring over at the TV monitors to see what I looked like.

Needless to say, my Grandma never volunteered me for anything else again (in WDW that is) :laugh:[/QUOTE]

Great story Wishy:happy:

My dd and ds got to talk to Crush during Turtle Talk

DD was picked to lead the giraffes in the Lion King Show

DD and DS were chosen for Jedi Training Academy

DD and DS were chosen during the pirate tutorial

DS was chosen during Woody’s Cowboy Camp

DD was chosen to open the Hoop Dee Doo Rvue and got to go on the stage and ring the cowbell and have her picture taken…And then the lady asked ds if he wanted to go up too.

My picture was put on the screen at the Laugh Floor and it was pretty embaressing.

Almost forgot we had an “AMAZING” Experience as Askerhus, we went at like 3:00 pm one day and the restaurant was virtually empty, Ariel, Alice, Jasmine, Snow White and Sleeping Beauty played games with the few kids in the restaurant, They played ring around the mermaid, Alice says, Duck Duck Goose and something else, Those videos and pictures are AMAZING!

Very special, indeed!:wub:

When HS did the who wants to be a millionnaire my DS7 at the time won the fastest finger. He went down to play the game. At that age the child gets to pick a parent to play with them. My DS chose me but I sent my hubby. My DS made it to one question away from winning the cruise:pinch: All the rest of the day people in the park stopped him to say good job.

Dh has been “that guy twice” and has felt the urge to get up and dance twice. My dad still lives with his monster in law and my mom had to buy everyone churros. Kat was the cutest human in the room when she was 8 months old. The laugh floor loves my family I guess. Dh also was sir lancelot in a show in england. He loves that kinda stuff so it’s really funny to watch the video of that.

I was Walt Disney in another life time.

Not at Disney, but ds got picked to be a participant of Slime Time Live at Universal Studios. Here he is on live tv (I think Nickelodeon) and I couldn’t get a hold of any family member at home to tape it!

Last trip DD11 was deemed princess of the day at the Poly and was picked to open their slide. Pic, certificate & special lei included.
Another trip DD14 was picked to street dance with the broomsticks in the mid day parade when she was 5. This was before the days of a “everyone jump on in and jive”, when you only went if you were picked.
Not really fame but DH & I were Huck’s helpers by finding the paintbrushes on TS Island. Got a golden FP tic for it.

Having “Push” call me by name to catch my attention is the closest I’ve gotten. However, back in the early 90’s at Universal Hollywood, I was chosen to be a Klingon in their Star Trek show. They actually offered video tapes of the event which of course we had to buy.

Mom was picked to be in Indiana Jones in 1992 visit & 2009 visit.
We were picked to be ‘opening family’ for the Lion King Show and had front row seating for the show & DD got to dance with the actors & the monkeys kept coming over & picking on her through the show (the monkeys are the BEST!)
DH was picked to be in HSM 3…CM came over to pick someone from audience & said ‘i need an old man…oh you will do’:pinch:…DD was excited & disappointed at the same time as she was all decked out in her HSM cheerleader outfit & wanted SOOOOOO badly to be in the show. I did get video of DH to use later for blackmail!:ph34r::laugh: