180 days out for ADR's again!

I just read on Allears that as of Oct. 27, 2009 Disney is going back to 180 days out for ADR’s, just wondering how everyone felt about this. I pretty much knew where I wanted to eat at 180 days out but it was nice to see the park schedule then book my ADR’s at 90 days out.

To me it never mattered either way…but oy vay make up your mind Disney World!

I just read that tonight, also. I think I like having the additional time to plan and being able to get a jump on those who might not be ready to book that early.

I prefer to book far in advance… I like to have the ADRs done so I can plan days around them since you don’t always get the time/date you want.

I really liked the 90 days system. I always felt it was too hard to get an ADR when it was 180 days, especially when a lot of my trips are booked with only a couple months notice. At least with the 90 days, I had a slight chance of getting what I wanted!

My thoughts exactly. This is the first year I have gotten Le Cellier, Ohana and I barely got 1900 Park Fare Breakfast on a Tuesday! We have already decided because of other vaca plans next summer we will not be going on our traditional trip, but we may try to squeeze in a short one…but will likely have trouble with the ADRs because of it. Oh, well, at least we lucked out this year!

I think we may be just the opposite. We like to plan where we’re going to be when, then plan some meals accordingly. Actually sometimes we don’t even plan meals, we just look to see what’s around when we get hungry and what we happen to be in the mood for at that time.
Our trip is now 6 weeks out and so far we only have 1 thing booked, and that’s not even a park day.

Ack! I didn’t really care either way, but this means I have to make my ADRs a lot sooner for my February trip if I want to get what I want. So, you can make ADRs 180 days in advance starting October 27? (I bet everyone will be booking on October 27)

I read that too, and I am wondering if they are going to keep it at 180, or if they will change their minds again.

I have like NO luck with Le Cellier at 180 or 90. Makes me wonder.

It WOULD be nice to see it stay the same. I liked 90 better though.

I actually felt that I got more of what I wanted since the 90 day ADR “rule”, however, I preferred being able to view the park hours and events 180 days in advance!

I prefer the 180 day window. On October 26,which will be my 90 day window for our January trip, we will be in an airplane at 6:00 am on the way to WDW. Guess I’ll have to be on the phone when we land to make my ADRs for that trip.

I figure I’m doing good if I book a couple of weeks out.

To me it really doesnt matter. I did like the 180 but got used to the 90 quickly.

[QUOTE=rlcarmichael;984523]I have like NO luck with Le Cellier at 180 or 90. Makes me wonder.

It WOULD be nice to see it stay the same. I liked 90 better though.[/QUOTE]

I was actually just able to get Le Cellier last week for 11/6 at 420pm. I know it is early, but I don’t really care. I was shocked to see even that was available, especially during the F&W fest. I wasn’t too impressed with it the first time we ate there, but I thought we would give it another try.

For me its the 10 day window that hurts. During my seven day trip, prople arriving three days ahead of me had my entire trip in their booking window. I’d rather be that person on the phone at 7 each morning, gives you a fighting chance.

On an aside, how many people here dying for the cellar have been there before? I thought it was good, but the mania surrounding it as the golden goose of ADR’s suprises me. Pre dining plan, the basement was offered to us continuously when other places were full. There would be people outside trying to get you in.

Johnkimv above me wasn’t impressed, but still lists this as her great grab. Just wonderin’.

Now I have to remember to make them in Feb.

[QUOTE=bribren;984552].

On an aside, how many people here dying for the cellar have been there before? I thought it was good, but the mania surrounding it as the golden goose of ADR’s suprises me. Pre dining plan, the basement was offered to us continuously when other places were full. There would be people outside trying to get you in.

[/QUOTE]

We’ve eaten at Le Cellier twice, and I have ADRs for it in October. We had one wonderful meal there and one so-so meal. I’m not sure what all the hype is…there are other places just as good or better on property. I guess it’s just word of mouth.

I think there are fewer fine dining Park restaurants than Resort restaurants, and as for me, I like good food and would love to get it without leaving the parks. In addition, this has been rated as good as some of the 2 TS credit meals, and almost as expensive, and again, qualifies as more fine dining than simply a sit down dinner. Now, I say this, this is my impression - haha, from the “hype”. We’ll see, we did get ADRs there for Sept.31.

The first time I tried it was because of the hype around it. I WASN’T impressed at all. I am going to give it a try again to see if it has become a better place, maybe we just had a so so meal or is the hype still that it is the most bang for your buck on the DDP. I will be happy to report back on my thoughts come November.