1900 Park Fare Character B'fast?

I read pretty much every review on allears.net or one of those massive awesome review sites…it still got a 91% vote, but the few negative things I heard sounded just awful.

Has anyone done this? Can you tell me that the bad reviews were all just written by tired frazzled people who just wanted something to pick on? :laugh:

We’ve never eaten there, let alone the character breakfast, and I thought it would be a cool thing to try for our post-Thanksgiving trip (no kids!).

A majority of the negative things I heard were against the Mad Hatter; his crass and obnoxiuos attitude sometimes rubbed people (especially kids) the wrong way. I’ve never actually MET him so I have no idea. :mellow: Is he really that annoying for a 24 yr old and 2 60 yr olds?

Also, how was the food? Thats what we’re paying for, anyway. :laugh:

It was almost 2 years ago, but we ate there for breakfast and loved it. Please note this was before the renovations (we ate dinner there post renovation). We were very late for our ADR (transportation issues) but they still sat us right away. The food was great and we found the characters friendly (even the mad hatter). DD had no clue who Alice was.:laugh:

I agree the reviews on other sites are mixed, but most MBers I have read LOVE it, including, as I recall, SoundGod! In fact, I believe it was SoundGod who made me REALLY want to do this one, but, alas, it was too close to my time (4 weeks?!!) to get a reservation. :eek:

So we are going to Chef Mickey’s instead, :mickey:but I want to go here also…(its not gonna happen):crying:

Something about a shrimp omelet…he’ll be here shortly, I am sure!:laugh:

I have eaten breakfast there, and it was terrific… the usual stuff, like Mickey-shaped waffles, and all the regular breakfast foods. Wonderful!

We were most impressed that Mary Poppins herself greeted us at the front door, and then once inside, we had plenty of time with the characters. Teh kids loved the whole experience. DH had someone bring him a custom-made omelet, and for me, there was plenty of coffee.

Best news: In Dana’s report, they have new characters, which sound really interesting. Check out her description! Here’s a bit of it:

[QUOTE=cowanfamily;873496]I agree the reviews on other sites are mixed, but most MBers I have read LOVE it, including, as I recall, SoundGod! In fact, I believe it was SoundGod who made me REALLY want to do this one, but, alas, it was too close to my time (4 weeks?!!) to get a reservation. :eek:

So we are going to Chef Mickey’s instead, :mickey:but I want to go here also…(its not gonna happen):crying:

Something about a shrimp omelet…he’ll be here shortly, I am sure!:laugh:[/QUOTE]

Shrimp omelet=Kona Cafe (not 1900)

I’d give it a few more shots and see if there was a cancellation for breakfast. Also, once you’re at WDW, try calling Dining and see if there’s an opening that morning, you might be surprised. However don’t cancel your existing reservation until you know for sure. If you do get an opening at 1900, then immediately cancel your other reservation out of fairness to other guests.

1900 Park Fare character breakfast buffet…been there, been there again, been there again, been there again, been there again, been there again, been there again, going back soon. Some of the complaints on All Ears are also from before the deep refurb/rebuild they did of 1900 last year, so it looks newer, fresher, cleaner, so keep that in mind as well.

You have to take reviews with a grain of salt. I look at reviews and sort of weed through them. People are soo different that your experience and theirs will be totally different. 91% is a huge amount of positives. The best thing to do is look at the menu and pictures and see if it appeals to you. And if it does, go for it! And if it sucks, then it sucks and you’ll know better next time. But it could be great as well.

[QUOTE=MissDisney;873517]
Best news: In Dana’s report, they have new characters, which sound really interesting. Check out her description! Here’s a bit of it:[/QUOTE]

They have a different set of characters for breakfast and dinner, and have for quite some time now.
The characters that Dana reports are the dinner cast.
You’ll meet Pooh, Tigger, Mary Poppins, The Mad Hatter, and Alice at breakfast.

[QUOTE=Soundgod;873548]They have a different set of characters for breakfast and dinner, and have for quite some time now.
The characters that Dana reports are the dinner cast.
You’ll meet Pooh, Tigger, Mary Poppins, The Mad Hatter, and Alice at breakfast.[/QUOTE]

Oh, whew! Not that I hate Cinderella and the cast, I just can’t stand the step-sisters, not sure how fun they would make it. :laugh: I do however, love Pooh and Mary Poppins. :wub:

Guess I’ll book this as soon as I sort out a good itinerary with the fam in one week!!

[QUOTE=cowanfamily;873496]I agree the reviews on other sites are mixed, but most MBers I have read LOVE it, including, as I recall, SoundGod! In fact, I believe it was SoundGod who made me REALLY want to do this one, but, alas, it was too close to my time (4 weeks?!!) to get a reservation. :eek:

Something about a shrimp omelet…he’ll be here shortly, I am sure!:laugh:[/QUOTE]

Oh my! :ohmy: Silly me - did not think I needed a ressie just for breakfast. Didn’t really want to do ADRs for breakfast since this trip is DH and self - no kids. Since we are staying at the GF, thought it would be nice to pop into 1900 Park Faire for breakfast one day. Is it hopeless without a ressie?:blush:

I make reservations for all sit down meals. This way I know I’ll get a seat and won’t be either disappointed because I was turned away and I won’t be kept cooling my heels for an hour because I was a walk up. Just because you’re a guest at a particular resort doesn’t mean you’re guaranteed a table. If that was the case, everyone at the Poly would have an automatic table at 'Ohana and every guest at the Contemporary would have a table at Chef Mickey’s.

This is my favorite character breakfast because it features our favorite characters and the food is wonderful. We always find the Mad Hatter to be hilarious.
Last time I was there they had lobster eggs Benedict. The sauce was so good I wanted to lick my plate. They also have a cold strawberry soup that is really really good.