1st altered paint can

i’ve been dying to try this project for a while, i finally sat down and did it…i am very proud of my accomplishment but there are a few things i did wrong that i will know better for next time, first i hated using modge podge glue (going to have to find an alternative) and 2ndly my seams aren’t lined up (i wasn’t paying attention) but hey its my 1st time…these cans can be used for just about anything, momentos, piggy banks, time capsules, party favors, anything you collect, etc. you get the idea hope you like.

Well you should be proud-it’s fantastic! so professional! well done to you-

Oh I LOVE IT! It’s fantastic, well done. Where did you get all of your supplies?

Love it, it’s adorable:happy:!!
We have a disney box, we keep all our stuff we need/buy for our trip throught the year. This would be a great vacation activity to do with Toni, my dd!

Very cute, and very well done… GOOD JOB :slight_smile:

[QUOTE=tinker2222;1019642]Love it, it’s adorable:happy:!!
We have a disney box, we keep all our stuff we need/buy for our trip throught the year. This would be a great vacation activity to do with Toni, my dd![/QUOTE]

Hey Robyn, i thought i was the only one with a TONI (dd)…:heart::mickey:
my Toni will be 8 in May, her full name is ToniAnn but we call her Toni, DH wanted just Toni…
and thank you for the compliments

I just went to Home Depot bought an empty paint can, and then to ac moores bought 12x12 scrap paper sheets…some rolls of ribbons, and stickers, but i wound up not using the stickers because the colors didn’t coordinate well, if i would have used 1 blank color and a design sheet then i would have stuck the stickers on the blank colored sheet.

and thank you for the compliments…

Very cute…and creative! Well done!

[QUOTE=pixeemom;1019646]Hey Robyn, i thought i was the only one with a TONI (dd)…:heart::mickey:
my Toni will be 8 in May, her full name is ToniAnn but we call her Toni, DH wanted just Toni…
and thank you for the compliments[/QUOTE]

OMGosh! Our Toni is short for Antonia. My dad is Anthony and my husbands’ name is ALSO Anthony. I know very wierd! So she is named after them. :heart::heart:

Dh wanted that name as well, but he sorta wanted it to be a tomboyish name, lol so thats why he said, nah lets just do Toni, i added the Ann because i wanted it to sound like a girls name to, kwim

Thank you very much!

It turned out Beautiful! I can’t wait to try one of these myself!

What kind of glue would you use if you do it again?

I am SO Impressed!

Really Cool! Great job!!

[QUOTE=jen9804;1019674]It turned out Beautiful! I can’t wait to try one of these myself!

What kind of glue would you use if you do it again?

I am SO Impressed![/QUOTE]

well i used the mod podge and i don’t know it just didn’t feel right, maybe i should have put the glue on the can and the roll the paper on but some of the directions were telling me to put the glue on the paper…i guess its not the worse thing to work with, it could have just been me…but i was thinking “why not just use double sided tape?”…kwim?
I am trying to find out from someone who did one, what she used, because she said she didn’t like the mod podge either…i’ll get back to you once i find out…
i am so excited, i am def. going to do them for DD’s bday party, i might buy the pint cans (no handles) much easier to cut the paper for, and let the girls decorate them themselves…just put all the stuff on the table and let them grab what they wanna use…

Thank you!

:laugh: My husband and dad also have the same first name (not Anthony)–my son’s middle name is their name.

I gets very confusing! And to add it we live right next door to each other. So we constantly get each other mail! Anong other things.

I love it! It would make an awesome WDW change bank!

ohhhh this is just too cute :laugh: it turned out amazing!!! you did such a good job!

Thats exactly what i am going to use it for, hehehe, when we come back from this trip :wink:
Thank you for the compliment