1st No Kids Trip

Leaving for the world in 10 days. Our first trip without kids,family or friends. Just the two of us! I started to feel a little guilty when the 19 yr old gave me the lip but I got over it quickly. So excited. Oh and we’re celebrating our 30th anniversary too. Praying for good weather!!!
Any tips for an adults only trip?

Prep for the full, the items needed. And do not forget to bring a camera.
Good luck!

Not sure if you are obligated to only the world. But use groupon orlando for some good deals.
The other day they had a deal on Hot Air balloon ride. We did it as a wedding gift, an it was great!

Rule #1: THIS IS TIME FOR YOU TO RELAX!!! If you sleep in, so be it. If you stay up late and MUST make AM EMH the next day, so be it. And if you want to eat cotton candy and popcorn for dinner… well, I hope you’ve picked up on where I’m going by now. :laugh:

Rule #2: DO NOT OVERBOOK ADR"S. Pam and I will book 2, max 3 ADR’s for a special night or 2 and then the rest of the week is based on what ““WE”” want to do at that moment. So most times we are not in the park or even close to where an ADR is scheduled. Call in the AM and see what is open near the park you ‘think’ you will be at that afternoon or evening. Many times we plan to stay at a park for the day and and then change our minds and hop to another spur of the moment. We’ll just cancel the ADR we made that morning and find out what is open where we are going.

Rule #3: TRAVEL LIGHT/SMALL CAMERA ONLY. I travel in cargo shorts and a small waterproof hiking day pack (6"x3.5"x2") around my waist. It holds my tix, cards and $$$. Also add sunglasses, disposable poncho, powdered drink mix packs for water bottle refils, motrin tabs, a couple bandaids if a blister pops up (that will kill your day if not attended to quickly), and a few other small items. And I have not put anything in my cargo pockets. Pam has a really small draw string bag with a shoulder strap. She usually has items like mine and the camera, but sometimes it ends up in a cargo pocket.
I’ll shift my hiking pack to the front when I am on a ride.
This is not a trip where you carry everything, for everyone, in the family. GO LIGHT. It can be done. You don’t have to be a walking Walmart this trip.

Rule #4: CLOSE MK ONE NIGHT. When Wishes ends hit the bakery for something with lots of dark chocolate and then the ice cream shop for your favoite flavors to go with. Don’t forget 2 forks and spoons. Then go into the hub and grab a bench and people watch. Look for the parents rushing out of the park. Do they look familiar??? You know, the guy with 2 kids draped over his shoulders. Or the mom trying to break the ankles of someone infront of her because the crowd or 10,000 is not moving fast enough. We’ve all been those exact people.:laugh: Enjoy the peace and solitude of a quiet Main Street. We’ve been known to sit there 30-45 minutes after everyone has gone down Main Street. When it looks like you have the street to yourselves, go arm in arm out the park. It just might be all yours.

I can go one with tons of ideas. Just remember to enjoy each others company. Oh yeah, one more thing. One phone, and turn it off when you leave the resort. You can check every couple of hours (3-4). It might be hard in todays crazy electronic world, but our parents survived a week at WDW without a phone on 24/7. You can too.

[QUOTE=Pam&Rich;1089438]Rule #4: CLOSE MK ONE NIGHT. When Wishes ends hit the bakery for something with lots of dark chocolate and then the ice cream shop for your favoite flavors to go with. Don’t forget 2 forks and spoons. Then go into the hub and grab a bench and people watch. Look for the parents rushing out of the park. Do they look familiar??? You know, the guy with 2 kids draped over his shoulders. Or the mom trying to break the ankles of someone infront of her because the crowd or 10,000 is not moving fast enough. We’ve all been those exact people.:laugh: Enjoy the peace and solitude of a quiet Main Street. We’ve been known to sit there 30-45 minutes after everyone has gone down Main Street. When it looks like you have the street to yourselves, go arm in arm out the park. It just might be all yours.

I can go one with tons of ideas. Just remember to enjoy each others company. Oh yeah, one more thing. One phone, and turn it off when you leave the resort. You can check every couple of hours (3-4). It might be hard in todays crazy electronic world, but our parents survived a week at WDW without a phone on 24/7. You can too.[/QUOTE]

People watching is so good at that time it make you reflect on how crazy things are when the kids are coming along. the phon is also such a ball and chain for so many people - keep it in the safe a few days unless you need it - i mean realy need it this is your time enjoy it :wub:

[QUOTE=Pam&Rich;1089438]

Rule #3: TRAVEL LIGHT/SMALL CAMERA ONLY. I travel in cargo shorts and a small waterproof hiking day pack (6"x3.5"x2") around my waist. It holds my tix, cards and $$$. Also add sunglasses, disposable poncho, powdered drink mix packs for water bottle refils, motrin tabs, a couple bandaids if a blister pops up (that will kill your day if not attended to quickly), and a few other small items. And I have not put anything in my cargo pockets. Pam has a really small draw string bag with a shoulder strap. She usually has items like mine and the camera, but sometimes it ends up in a cargo pocket.
This is not a trip where you carry everything, for everyone, in the family. GO LIGHT. It can be done. You don’t have to be a walking Walmart this trip.

.[/QUOTE]

We go into the parks without any bags. My DH will carry the poncho, bandaids and meds in a cargo pocket. I carry a water bottle on belt loop thingy and a small camera on a neck strap thingy along with the id,AP, holder thingy. To me, being able to walk thru the “no bag” line is the best.

But if they are calling for tons of rain, I do bring a backpack with the heavier ponchos and maybe even tiny umbrellas (I really hate walking around with wet eyeglasses)

[QUOTE=Pam&Rich;1089438]Rule #1: THIS IS TIME FOR YOU TO RELAX!!! If you sleep in, so be it. If you stay up late and MUST make AM EMH the next day, so be it. And if you want to eat cotton candy and popcorn for dinner… well, I hope you’ve picked up on where I’m going by now. :laugh:

Rule #2: DO NOT OVERBOOK ADR"S. Pam and I will book 2, max 3 ADR’s for a special night or 2 and then the rest of the week is based on what ““WE”” want to do at that moment. So most times we are not in the park or even close to where an ADR is scheduled. Call in the AM and see what is open near the park you ‘think’ you will be at that afternoon or evening. Many times we plan to stay at a park for the day and and then change our minds and hop to another spur of the moment. We’ll just cancel the ADR we made that morning and find out what is open where we are going.

Rule #4: CLOSE MK ONE NIGHT. When Wishes ends hit the bakery for something with lots of dark chocolate and then the ice cream shop for your favoite flavors to go with. Don’t forget 2 forks and spoons. Then go into the hub and grab a bench and people watch. Look for the parents rushing out of the park. Do they look familiar??? You know, the guy with 2 kids draped over his shoulders. Or the mom trying to break the ankles of someone infront of her because the crowd or 10,000 is not moving fast enough. We’ve all been those exact people.:laugh: Enjoy the peace and solitude of a quiet Main Street. We’ve been known to sit there 30-45 minutes after everyone has gone down Main Street. When it looks like you have the street to yourselves, go arm in arm out the park. It just might be all yours.

I can go one with tons of ideas. Just remember to enjoy each others company. Oh yeah, one more thing. One phone, and turn it off when you leave the resort. You can check every couple of hours (3-4). It might be hard in todays crazy electronic world, but our parents survived a week at WDW without a phone on 24/7. You can too.[/QUOTE]

This is awesome!!!:flowers:

It’s so funny running into so many couples with no kids. I really did not notice them when we traveled as a family. We see them all the time now. And not just recent empty nesters like ourslves.
I cherish the family trips and the great memories. But now I understand what my mother said when we first went to Disney throughout the 70’s: “Disney is not for kids, Disney is for adults who want to be kids”. I remember that statement every time we visit. Enjoy acting like a kid.

On the day that dh plays hockey - don’t ask - I take myself to the World Showcase and wander aimlessly throughout. I enjoy every single shop, watch all the street entertainment, see all the movies, have a glass of wine in France, a gelato in Italy, choose a new Christmas ornament in Germany…and let’s not forget the Margarita Kiosk in Mexico or a cloudberry cream horn at the Kringla Bakery in Norway.:wub:

Christine – make a ressie at a great restaurant that your kids would never want to be at – California Grill, or Victoria & Alberts, Blue Zoo, etc… and kick back and enjoy a nice bottle of wine and great food.
If you choose CG, and you let them know it’s a special celebration, I bet you get a great table by the window and sprinkles all over the tablecloth!

Never forget that!

Also best to not forget the dee-lish Grey Goose Citron Slush at France… :wub:

[QUOTE=MissDisney;1089601]Never forget that!

Also best to not forget the dee-lish Grey Goose Citron Slush at France… :wub:[/QUOTE]

Many thanks for the reminder! Lovemysons certainly enjoyed herself there on her recent adventure!

[QUOTE=MissDisney;1089599]Christine – make a ressie at a great restaurant that your kids would never want to be at – California Grill, or Victoria & Alberts, Blue Zoo, etc… and kick back and enjoy a nice bottle of wine and great food.
If you choose CG, and you let them know it’s a special celebration, I bet you get a great table by the window and sprinkles all over the tablecloth![/QUOTE]

This is exactly what we do have planned for our anniversary, to eat at CG. I was hoping for a table at the window. I may have to mention it. :whistling

Absolutely mention it! If you booked online, or if you can see your ressie online, there is a window for “Are you celebraintg?” or something like that… they will likely have buttons for you to wear when you arrive, and a beautiful sprinkling of Mickey head confetti all over your table. They have even sent a special photographer to the table for our anniversary, and he sends the photo to your home email address. It’s waiting in your inbox when you get home!

We went in May for our first trip without “the crew”. We also celebrated our anniversary. SO MUCH FUN!!!

The one place I HIGHLY recommend is Sanaa for dinner. Get a ADR for later in the night, let them know what you are celebrating, and wear your celebration pins. When we went, the waiter stopped short at the table and said he had something to take care of first. When he returned, he had complimentary champaigne toast ready to go. :wub: He also was the most attentive, most amazing waiter we have EVER had. He treated us to samples off of the menu, made recommendations, and even provided us with recipes!

Before you go, walk hand-in-hand aroung AKL. Have a beverage at the pool bar, stroll along the savannah, and sit by the indoor/outdoor fire.

SOOOO romantic and off the beaten path. :wub:

We have been 3 times withlout kids now, even though we loved the family trips, it is so nice to be alone. We loved being responiable only for ourselves. And taking our time to look and see evrything. Enjoy your vacation . I am going beyond the couple thing and headed there in 14 days with a bunch on girl friends. A new type of trip for me, can’t wait. Happy anniversary

My mentality exactly. No being responsible for anyone else. When we take people I always feel so responsible for them having a good time. I can destress for sure on this trip. Girl friend trip sounds fun! I hope it’s a great time for you!

[QUOTE=HappyCamper;1089695]We went in May for our first trip without “the crew”. We also celebrated our anniversary. SO MUCH FUN!!!

The one place I HIGHLY recommend is Sanaa for dinner. Get a ADR for later in the night, let them know what you are celebrating, and wear your celebration pins. When we went, the waiter stopped short at the table and said he had something to take care of first. When he returned, he had complimentary champaigne toast ready to go. :wub: He also was the most attentive, most amazing waiter we have EVER had. He treated us to samples off of the menu, made recommendations, and even provided us with recipes!

Before you go, walk hand-in-hand aroung AKL. Have a beverage at the pool bar, stroll along the savannah, and sit by the indoor/outdoor fire.

SOOOO romantic and off the beaten path. :wub:[/QUOTE]

Never been to Saana. I’ll have to put it on the list. Thanks for the wonderful suggestions. We may never want to come home. :flowers:

No kid trip are GREAT…you’ll see Disney in a whole other light! Enjoy!

And no one is slapping their sister or whining, or pouting…