1st time to Disneyland....We loved it!

A few weeks ago, we booked a last minute trip to DL. This was our first time and it won’t be our last. This trip it was just DH and I. We stayed at the Villas @ The Grand Californian. I’m not a fan of flying, but I do it 3 times a year. The flight going to LAX was 5 hrs 20 mins of choppy air. I did get to see some beautiful mountains.

Ooohhh tell me all about it!! We are going to DL for the 1st time in April and I am so clueless as to what to plan, where to eat, etc.! PLEASE do a TR!!!

P.S. -glad you enjoyed yourself!

Oh yippee a trip report from the other coast. More… :biggrin:

We are going for the first time in a couple of weeks…please tell us more!

[QUOTE=ssn;1015593]Ooohhh tell me all about it!! We are going to DL for the 1st time in April and I am so clueless as to what to plan, where to eat, etc.! PLEASE do a TR!!!

P.S. -glad you enjoyed yourself![/QUOTE]

I didn’t really have time to plan. We just had to wing it…it worked out great.

I was scared we would get lost at LAX. It wasn’t the case at all…it was easy to find everything. We arrived at LAX at 9:20 am and the airport wasn’t packed. We got our luggage and walk out the doors to the shared vans area. We used Super Shuttle and prepaid online. I gave the woman our reservation number and a van was there in 15 mins. The van makes two loops before they leave LAX. So when we left the van was full…there was 7 of us. After an hour of dropping off people…we finally see this.

Ooooh! Shanell, Type Faster!!! LOL

:smile: Sorry I’m sleepy

YAY!!! I am so glad you loved it!!! LAX & Super Shuttle are totally easy, I can’t wait to hear about your trip. :smile:

Finally we check-in and our room was ready. Our room(1516) was on the first floor of the villas section. They gave us a handicap room…I don’t know why? The room was beautiful, it reminds me of the WL.

Here are some pictures of the room.

No doors on the closet

Detail on shower curtain

view from room

Ahhh, I miss the Grand Californian so much. :sad:

Me too :sad:

After checking out the room we went over to the MK. The park was not crowded…the wait times were 5-10. The only one that had a long wait time was the Finding Nemo subs. We walked around MK for awhile…I wanted to take it all in. The first ride we did was POTC. I love it…even more then the one at WDW.

[QUOTE=2nd Star;1015615] The first ride we did was POTC. I love it…even more then the one at WDW.
[/QUOTE]

ummm, TOTALLY!!! Amazing, right? How did you like the Nemo subs btw?

I didn’t do it…I didn’t like it when it was 20,000 at WDW. I’m a little claustrophobic.

[QUOTE=2nd Star;1015602]Finally we check-in and our room was ready. Our room(1516) was on the first floor of the villas section. They gave us a handicap room…I don’t know why? The room was beautiful, it reminds me of the WL.

I can’t remember our exact room number, but it was really close to the room you had. We really like the GCV.

[QUOTE=evansfmly5;1015634]
I can’t remember our exact room number, but it was really close to the room you had. We really like the GCV. [/QUOTE]

Did you have a door on your closet?

After walking around and POTC…my DH wanted to eat. He wanted a burger so we ate at Hungry Bear. I had the chicken sandwich, it was good. What I really love is the 10% DVC discount at almost every food spot. After that I wanted to do the Sleepy Beauty thing in the castle.

We stayed in the park for awhile,then we left to go rest. On the walk back to the room I remembered…I wanted to try the cupcakes I read about. I read there was a cupcake booth that opened up(DTD) a few weeks ago. It’s called The Cupcake Store. The cupcakes are $4.95 each. We got the red velvet and vanilla coconut. We split them so we could both try each one. Hands down the best was the red velvet. The vanilla coconut was just ok.