1st trip to Disneyland in over 20 yrs

Just booked my 2.5 week to the South-land and we will be spending 3 days at Disneyland. Being a Cali native I can’t believe I have not been to Disneyland in over 20 yrs!!! We figured it was time to take our 6 yr old son and 4yr old daughter to the MAGICAL PLACE ON EARTH…So having the Disney Credit Card and being a Charter Club Member does that get me anything special when I go? I am converting my 600 Disney Dollars into a debit card so the food and souvenirs will be free (well kind of). So I look to you EXPERTS to let me know if there is any special things I should definitely do while at the park?

We are staying at the Anaheim RV Park right by Disneyland and will be taking the local bus service to the park, has anyone used this service and if so how was it?

Thanks a bunch ~Z~

Welcome to Mousebuzz!
I’m sure there will be lots of answers coming your way.

Your kids are the perfect age to have a blast in DL, and I’m sure it will be an amazing trip.

With your Visa card you will get quiet a few discounts at both restaurants and gift shops. It is usually ten percent and I usually just ask as I am paying. The Chase Website will give you a list of all your discounts and perks at the park. You should be able to use your rewards card to pay but still get the discount just by showing your Visa card.

You also get a free character photo with your family in California Adventure. You have to go between opening of the park and 11AM (I think). It is back by the Monsters Inc ride. You just show your card and the CM’s will take you back and to get photos and a card to redeem your pictures later in the day.

I don’t know how much energy your 4 year old has, whether she will need a stroller or not. You can get a discounted stroller rental. This is sometimes easier for us instead of lugging a huge contraption all the way from Salt Lake but since you are in an RV packing space may not matter much.

Forget the bus service and take your RV in every day. That way, all you have to do is catch the tram out to the parking lot and kids can take a nap without having to leave the property. It does cost around $15 to park it but eat one meal in the RV and it’ll pay it back easily.

Goofy’s Kitchen is a must-do in my book.

[QUOTE=6Baggs4Dis;1029811]With your Visa card you will get quiet a few discounts at both restaurants and gift shops. It is usually ten percent and I usually just ask as I am paying. The Chase Website will give you a list of all your discounts and perks at the park. You should be able to use your rewards card to pay but still get the discount just by showing your Visa card.

You also get a free character photo with your family in California Adventure. You have to go between opening of the park and 11AM (I think). It is back by the Monsters Inc ride. You just show your card and the CM’s will take you back and to get photos and a card to redeem your pictures later in the day.

I don’t know how much energy your 4 year old has, whether she will need a stroller or not. You can get a discounted stroller rental. This is sometimes easier for us instead of lugging a huge contraption all the way from Salt Lake but since you are in an RV packing space may not matter much.[/QUOTE]

Awesome thanks for the info on the free character picture and I will check out the chase web site. Funny thing never thought of going to the actuall credit card website for info. hahaha

Yes I was told it is better to just rent a stroller instead of bringing your own. I think both my kids will get pooped out so they can take turns sitting in it.

[QUOTE=evansfmly5;1029817]Forget the bus service and take your RV in every day. That way, all you have to do is catch the tram out to the parking lot and kids can take a nap without having to leave the property. It does cost around $15 to park it but eat one meal in the RV and it’ll pay it back easily.

Goofy’s Kitchen is a must-do in my book.[/QUOTE]

I thought of this but unfortunately i Have a 34 ft trailer and to unhook just to move it would not be worth it. But I seriously contemplating on hooking each time but not worth it.

Def. will hit goofy’s kitchen.

Two sit down restaurants that we like which usually don’t break the budget are the Tratorria in CA and Cafe New Orleans in Disneyland.

The Tratorria has good salads, sandwiches and some pasta dishes that are very refreshing on a hot day. We can usually eat here for nearly the same amount as one of the quick service. The difference is usually the amount of money we have to tip.

Cafe New Orleans offers the Monte Cristo sandwich. This is the exact same sandwich that is in the Blue Bayou but at half the price. It is big enough for two to share. Between my wife and I we usually order a house salad and the Monte Cristo and still don’t finish everything. This place is a little more expensive than the Tratorria but when you share it brings the cost down. And you have to experience the Monte Cristo.

The Disney Chase Visa Card (I have one, I have the Mickey Mouse on mine) gives you some nice discounts at certain dining locations, discounts of purchases of a certain amount and you get some nice free photo pass opportunities. Check out your Disney-Chase Visa Card Manual or Chase.com for more info. You’re going to have a blast! The ART System is great (ART - Anaheim Resort Transit), its a couple of dollars a day (I think 3.00) per person for unlimited use, works out nicely if you’re not staying on property or across the street. When are you heading to the parks? And you will be getting 3 Day Park-Hoppers correct? If so, don’t forget you get a Magic Morning Pass with a 3 Day Park-Hopper, woot! Magic Mornings are selected days of the week where you get to enter Disneyland Park 1 hour prior to its opening (7am, with the park opening at 8am generally) and Main Street USA, Tomorrowland and Fantasyland are open for you to ride the attractions/shop or just enjoy as less-crowded morning in the park.

My card has Bambi (my favorite disney movie). We will be in L.A from 7/1-7/9 and we will be gettting a 3 day hopper. I did not know about the Magic Morning Pass, that is great news. Yeah the ART stops at the RV resort we are staying at so that will be good, do you know how long the bus runs too?