1st trip to Disneyland!

Aloha!

We survived our 1st trip to WDW in Dec 2009 & will be visiting Disneyland in June 2010.

Any suggestions on books, park maps,TOURING GUIDES & other planning tips for our 1st trip to Disneyland?

We’ll be there for 3 days, & am having a hard time finding TOURING GUIDES. Had it not been for the Unoffical Guide to WDW’s Touring Plans, our trip to WDW would have been horrific!

Any tips would be awesome!

This is the book we used Amazon.com: The Unofficial Guide to Disneyland 2010 (Unofficial Guides) (9780470460306): Bob Sehlinger: Books. Also got got info from people here and Allears Disneyland Resort.

Congrats on you first trip to WDW and congrats on your upcoming trip!

It’s not that big there so don’t worry about it!

Check out your local Barnes and Noble, Borders or local bookstore, you should be able to find the unoffical guide to DLR there (though the Birnbaum’s guides are EXCEEDINGLY outdated Im sure it would still help), but check out the link 2ndStar provided for sure.

I agree with 2nd Star & anaheimboy. The Unofficial Guide is the best in my opinion. It really helped me out for my Disneyland trip! Well worth the money! Very detailed!

What I DON’T recommend is the Birnbaum Guide to Disneyland. It’s the official guide published by Disney so it doesn’t give you the REAL down low on the park. It just says all the nice things. VERY general information. PLUS it reads like a first grade book…very basic.

Thanks! I’m still in WDW planning mode. It sounds like there’s no comparison to WDW.

[QUOTE=BigKidBen;1029672]
What I DON’T recommend is the Birnbaum Guide to Disneyland. It’s the official guide published by Disney so it doesn’t give you the REAL down low on the park. It just says all the nice things. VERY general information. PLUS it reads like a first grade book…very basic.[/QUOTE]

Not to mention all of the Maps and pictures in the guide and extremely outdated. The Resort Map for instance located on the back inside cover of the book is from the resort in 2001, V.E.R.Y O.U.T.D.A.T.E.D, haha :tongue:

WDW and DLR are like an Apple and an Orange, both are from the same group (fruits…or this case the Disney Parks Family) but both look, taste, and feel very different…both are delicious, but different and cant be compared in anyway…they’re too different.