2009 Candlelight list includes first-timers!

The holidays are right around the corner? Really? Well, let’s think good cool(er) thoughts as we peruse the just-released list of narrators for this year’s Candlelight Processional at Epcot. The event includes an orchestra, the Voice of Liberty, a mass choir of cast members and community folk and a celebrity reader, who tells the Christmas story.

New to the list: Whoopi Goldberg, Vanessa Williams and Isabella Rossellini.

Here’s the schedule, subject to change of course-It’s July!

Isabella Rossellini – Nov. 27-29

John O’ Hurley – Nov. 30, Dec. 1-2

Steven Curtis Chapman – Dec. 3-5 [B]<This is who I saw last year! His voice was like velvet! Awesome!>[/B]

TBA – Dec. 6-8

Andy Garcia – Dec. 9-11

Vanessa Williams – Dec. 12-14

Abigail Breslin – Dec. 15-17

Whoopi Goldberg – Dec. 18-20

Brian Dennehy – Dec. 21-23

Edward James Olmos – Dec. 24-26

Angela Bassett & Courtney B. Vance – Dec. 27-30.

Link: Orlando Sentinel - Candlelight list includes first-timers Whoopi Goldberg, Vanessa Williams, Isabella Rossellini by

That’s a great list. We saw Edward James Olmos a couple of years ago and he was very good.

Thanks for the info. I had to look to see who Abigail Breslin was. She is 13 yrs old. A few years ago, we saw Haley Joel Osment. I’m guessing he was about 16 at the time. Just didn’t seem to be the right voice. I guess we will try to see Andy Garcia, Vanessa Williams or the always popular TBA.

This year I’ll be there when Whoopi Goldberg is there I wonder how she will do . . . her voice is very raspy . . . isn’t it?

I was thinking the same thing. Whoopi will be speaking while we’re down there, too, and I can’t picture her talking smoothly.

Whoopi doesn’t seem right to me. :blink: I’ve never been there for this, but I know that the person’s voice affects the experience. Her voice seems like it might be…not all that pleasant? I dunno.

Oh man I would love to see it when it’s Steven Curtis Chapman. :wub:

how does Edward James Olmos do?

who would you choose b/w him and Angela Basset

We lucked out with Steven Curtis Chapman last time - he was awesome!

I’m surprised Marlee Matlin isn’t reading this year. She’s usually on the list.

[QUOTE=dadofthree;980547]how does Edward James Olmos do?

who would you choose b/w him and Angela Basset[/QUOTE]

I believe the right answer is “always go with Commander Adama”. :laugh:

I’m such a geek. But he would always be my top pick.

[QUOTE=dznygrl;980461]Whoopi doesn’t seem right to me. :blink: I’ve never been there for this, but I know that the person’s voice affects the experience. Her voice seems like it might be…not all that pleasant? I dunno.

Oh man I would love to see it when it’s Steven Curtis Chapman. :wub:[/QUOTE]

HE. WAS. INCREDIBLE!

I really knew nothing about him, except for his tragic story. I was really brought to tears by his reading. It’s because deep down you just KNEW everything he read, he truly, truly believed.

I’m not a really religious person, but this event on Christmas Eve is very memorable. :wub: I recommend it to everyone.

The candlelight processional is a must for us, and I must say, seeing Andy Garcia listed is like a gift from above for me!! I :wub::wub::wub::wub: Andy Garcia.

We have seen John O’Hurley twice, and he was fantastic, sorry to see he’s not on the list this year. Perhaps he’ll fill in the TBA. :slight_smile: OOps, he is! Just not for dates that work for us. Nevermind. :blush:

We also saw Denis Franz once,who I really like too, but, he just wasn’t as good as John O’Hurley.

Eartha Kitt was phenomenal too.

Thanks for posting the info Jen, I can’t wait.

Hey does anyone know if you can book the dinner package for this yet?