2010 DDP Price Increase

I just got off the phone with Disney, and I was told the [B]NEW[/B] price for the DDP is as follows:

[B]1 sit/ 1 counter/ 1 snack[/B]
Adults $42/pp
Kids $9.99/pp

[B]PEAK (holidays) [/B]
Adults $47/pp
Kids $12/pp

I think the kids stayed the same? But the adults increased by $3 right? :confused:

[B]The counter service plan:[/B]
2 counters/2 snacks/1 mug (stayed the same!)
Adult $32/pp
Kids $9.99/pp

What does “Holidays” mean. Is that for a specific date, or the week before a holiday (we are going the week before Easter)? This does put a damper on my plans, as I don’t think $47 per person is worth it. Counter service, here we come!

Well, that’s strange 'cause when I called to make that last minute reservation for next month I told the Member Services CM on the phone to add the “regular dining plan” for us & she said it was $40.00/per adult, per day. Maybe she wasn’t fully informed? Strange.

This whole peak season thing REALLLLLLLY gets my goat though.

Alright, I found this information from the following website:
2010 Disney Dining Plan Price List - Associated Content - associatedcontent.com

Check Out the 2010 Disney Dining Plan Prices
© Disney

The prices for the Disney Dining Plan have been released for 2010. The only changes to the Disney Dining Plan itself for the year 2010, seems to be that the Basic Disney Dining Plan has a two-tiered pricing, one for the peak season and one for the off-season.

The Disney Quick Service Dining Plan 2010 priced
at $31.99/adults, $9.99/child 3-9

Basic Disney Dining Plan 2010 priced at $41.99/adults, $11.99/child 3-9 (regular season)

Basic Disney Dining Plan 2010 priced at $46.99/adults, $12.99/child 3-9 (peak season)

Deluxe Disney Dining Plan 2010 priced at $71.99/adults, $20.99/child 3-9

Premium Disney Dining Plan 2010 priced at $164/adults, $114/child 3-9

Platinum Disney Dining Plan 2010 priced at $220/adults, $155/child 3-9

Click here for more Disney Dining Plan information and tips on Walt Disney World by Amanda M. Rose

I’m getting more and more bummed about the timeframe we are going. First, I can’t find any flights that are under $500 per person, so now we have to drive. Now, they are starting this “Peak Season” thing with the cost of DDP, so now I’m doing counter service instead. I’m beginning to wonder if I’m going to enjoy my trip with having to make one compromise after another.

figures they would increase the prices…maybe they will brings Appetizers back?:laugh: I can’t find any prices on the wdw website or Allears. that will increase the cost of my 11 day trip:angry:

Please keep in mind that the premium and platinum dining plans are part of the MYW premium vacation package and the MYW platinum vacation package which also include tours (and you can do two tours a day every day, if you really want), unlimited recreation (boat rental, waverunner rental, fishing, golf, bike rental, horseback riding, etc.), tickets to one performance of La Nouba, and unlimited child’s activity center access for kids 4-12 between 4:30 PM and midnight.
Dining adds Fulton’s and Portobello to your options, and if you’re platinum, Victoria and Albert’s, one spa treatment per guest, fireworks cruise (Wishes or Illuminations, but not both), Fantasmic reserved seating for one show per guest, and one 3 lap ride along session at Richard Petty per guest during your visit.
But it’s really all the other things that create the extra cost, not dining.

http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/media/wdw_nextgen/CoreCatalog/WaltDisneyWorld/en_us/PDF/2010Premium.pdf
http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/media/wdw_nextgen/CoreCatalog/WaltDisneyWorld/en_us/PDF/2010Platinum_updated.pdf

You know I understand that they have to increase the price, as everything usually increases, and I STILL think it is a good deal, I just wish they would bring back appetizer or tip…

[QUOTE=WishUponAStar;1012105]Alright, I found this information from the following website:
2010 Disney Dining Plan Price List - Associated Content - associatedcontent.com

Check Out the 2010 Disney Dining Plan Prices
© Disney

The prices for the Disney Dining Plan have been released for 2010. The only changes to the Disney Dining Plan itself for the year 2010, seems to be that the Basic Disney Dining Plan has a two-tiered pricing, one for the peak season and one for the off-season.

The Disney Quick Service Dining Plan 2010 priced
at $31.99/adults, $9.99/child 3-9

Basic Disney Dining Plan 2010 priced at $41.99/adults, $11.99/child 3-9 (regular season)

Basic Disney Dining Plan 2010 priced at $46.99/adults, $12.99/child 3-9 (peak season)

Deluxe Disney Dining Plan 2010 priced at $71.99/adults, $20.99/child 3-9

Premium Disney Dining Plan 2010 priced at $164/adults, $114/child 3-9

Platinum Disney Dining Plan 2010 priced at $220/adults, $155/child 3-9

Click here for more Disney Dining Plan information and tips on Walt Disney World by Amanda M. Rose[/QUOTE]

Well I was close! I rounded up to the nearest dollar! :blush:

It’s still a “good deal” based on Disney Dining. When I get my check and see the ORIGINAL amount of what the meal would have cost I’m always glad I have DDP PLUS the best part is it’s ALREADY paid for and I like that.

I like the plan but the cost is getting to the break even point. Disney clearly thinks they are recession proof.They should consider the economic times before raising prices on food and tickets that are already over inflated and profitable to start with.:frown:

I agree- I’m going to run the numbers for our upcoming trip. Perhaps the TiW discount will be a better deal for us.

Are all of the restaurants from last year back on the dining plan?

I am going to put my two cents in. I just came back from Disney and I paid $41.99 pp(adult). When we ordered our dinners they came out with just a meat and potatoe(or whatever starch they had). There was NO vegetable or side salad. It seems to me that they are reducing the amount of food being given and not the amount of money we pay. That was one thing I have noticed while there this last week. The portion sizes have shrunk as well. I am not at all for gobs of food,but, if you are going to reduce the amount of food,please reduce the price some. I will not be on the dinning plan with the new price increase cause it is not worth it anymore for me. I felt that I had to order the exspensive stuff to make it worth it. It did not help cause I small(and I mean small) piece of meat and a spoon(maybe 1/4-1/2 cup) of potatoes does not make it worth it for me.

Sounds like the buffets will be hard to get into if they keep that up

I have definetly decided to go to buffets. You get more for your money. Esp, after I seen how much food you DON’T get. For just a few bucks more you get more food and better variety.

We just did an example using Mama Melrose and a counter service and snack for 4 and it came out to cheaper out of pocket. TiW would a better deal. My kids are 10 and 12 so I have to pay adult cost for the plan and they don’t enjoy alot of the adult menu selections. When you consider the fact that we really don’t need dessert for everyone at every dinner and counter service, the plan does cost more. I think Disney killed the plan value for us. I know they are a business for profit but the markup on food is pretty high in regular restaurants let alone the over inflated Disney restaurants. This is the ugly side to Disney that makes you feel like they forgot Walt’s idea for families and will take you for every pressed penny they can.:angry:

I have to agree. We quit using the dining plan when our son became an ‘adult.’ He doesn’t like the adult menu and there’s is no way he could eat $40 worth of food in a day. We rarely order dessert when we go out and we’re no different at Disney World. By the time we’re finished with the meal I’m so full I don’t even want it.

Honestly, paying out of pocket took a lot of stress of our trips. Now I don’t have to worry about the prices on the menu before I schedule our ADR because not every restaurant is a good value on the dining plan. No more feeling like we HAD to make it to a restaurant even though we weren’t hungry. No more feeling like we had to order the most expensive thing on the menu to get the value out of the dining plan for that day. No more feeling like we had to order a dessert because we already ‘paid’ for it. We happily skip it and pay as we go and we’re ahead money by the end of the trip.

[QUOTE=DisneyTeacher;1012219]I have to agree. We quit using the dining plan when our son became an ‘adult.’ He doesn’t like the adult menu and there’s is no way he could eat $40 worth of food in a day. We rarely order dessert when we go out and we’re no different at Disney World. By the time we’re finished with the meal I’m so full I don’t even want it.

Honestly, paying out of pocket took a lot of stress of our trips. Now I don’t have to worry about the prices on the menu before I schedule our ADR because not every restaurant is a good value on the dining plan. No more feeling like we HAD to make it to a restaurant even though we weren’t hungry. No more feeling like we had to order the most expensive thing on the menu to get the value out of the dining plan for that day. No more feeling like we had to order a dessert because we already ‘paid’ for it. We happily skip it and pay as we go and we’re ahead money by the end of the trip.[/QUOTE]

Perfecty put Steph. I will enjoy eating when and what we want. No rushing or mental math when ordering. They should consider a Junior menu selection for teens/tweens and price it that way and I would consider the dinning plan again.

Obviously, like any part of a vacation, you have to work out what best suits your family, work out the numbers and go from there. The DDP definately won’t work out for everyone.

We feel that for us with the DDP we pay the same price that we would OOP but we eat a whole lot better. If we weren’t on the DDP, we would not do a TS everynight (which we enjoy doing), we would order cheaper things off the menu, and probably skip or share desserts here and there to save the money.

We have found that while we too have noticed that the size of portions have changed, we are still stuffed at the end of everyday. We actually felt a little better having smaller portions; we used to send so much food back to the kitchen after every meal it seemed like such a waste.

I too think that there should be a change to the children’s price/menu, and I think a junior option would be really good. We find our kids (who are still children’s price) get tired of the basic choice of kids meals and I would like to see an option for them to have a smaller portion of the actual menu items. It seems for most of the trip they are eating the same things while we are enjoying wonderful meals.

I think Disney has to watch that they don’t price the DDP over its value, however, I’m sure the restaurants increase their pricing as well, so in the end, the difference is probably relative.

Last year Disney ran a number of specials throught the year to entice recession hurt guests to still come and travel. After hearing of all these specials I thought, wow, Disney is really gearing up for a slow year. I was so surprised to constantly hear how busy the parks were and how frequently many of the resorts were booked up. I had heard that while Disney was feeling a slow down in “extra sales” like merchandise sales etc, that attendance to the parks was really good.

I think Disney is a business and their first priority is to get people there and they hope while the people are there they will spend money. They offer accomodation specials, or free dining, and of course the free admitance on your birthday was a great offer to entice visitors as well. I think part of the flip side of these specials, is that prices are increased in other areas.

I also think that Disney has had a number of staff cuts over the past year or so, and I think that if that was to continue in order to lower the prices of vacationers, they would start to lose some of their service standards that we all love about our Disney vacations.

Obviously there is a bottom line that they will not or cannot pass. However, if attendance is high, maybe they don’t need to worry. It will be interesting to see what specials are offered this year and what attendance is like this year. It will probably help if January warms up too!!:laugh: