2010 dining plan costs

Just saw these and I was kind of suprised that they have also gone up, along with ticket prices.

QSDP $31.99 daily for adults, $9.99 for ages 3-9

Regular Dining Plan:
2/12/10 - 4/10/10, 6/04/10 - 8/14/10, 12/17/10 - 12/31/10 is $46.99 per night per adult or junior (ages 10-17), $12.99 per night for children (ages 3-9).

1/01/10 - 2/11/10, 4/11/10 - 6/03/10, 8/15/10 -12/16/10 is $41.99 per night per adult or junior (ages 10-17), $11.99 per night for children (ages 3-9).

Deluxe has remained the same price. Not sure if we will continue to use the regular plan if we do not go during a free dining period.

Holy cow, That’s a lot of money!

The two different prices for the different dates is strange. I wonder if they will also do the special pricing during peak times in addition to this.

More detail here: (I still can’t post this as a thread!)

Link: New Disney World ticket, resort hotel, and dining package prices for 2010 released

The new Walt Disney World ticket, resort hotel, and dining packages for 2010 are more complicated than previous Disney travel packages have been. Moreover, annual and seasonal passholders appear to be getting the short end of the stick.

The 2010 rates for the Disney Dining Plan vary according to the season, similar to Disney’s resort hotel rates. This change makes it hard for guests to know exactly how much they are paying for the Disney Dining Plan, which ranges from $41.99 to $46.99 per day for an adult and $11.99 to $12.99 per day for a child between the ages of 3 and 9, for the Basic Plan. Specific information regarding the different Disney World ticket, resort hotel, and dining packages is available here.

When Disney World first offered ticket, resort hotel, and dining packages to guests a few years ago, it did not make them available to annual or seasonal passholders, who receive discounted rates at Disney’s resort hotels. Disney corrected this problem in recent years by allowing passholders to add the Disney Dining Plan when they reserved Disney resort hotel rooms.

Nonetheless, Disney passholders have not been able to take advantage of Disney’s free Disney Dining Plan promotion for guests staying 3-14 consecutive nights at Disney resort hotels. Passholders must choose between the discounted passholder room rate at Disney’s resort hotels or the free Disney Dining Plan for travel through December 17.

Florida residents and annual and seasonal passholders help fill Disney World’s restaurants and resort hotels throughout the year. Although Floridians and passholders receive discounted rates at Disney’s resort hotels, they do not receive discounts on the Disney Dining Plan. Florida residents, passholders, and Disney World cast members can join the Tables in Wonderland discounted dining program, which offers a 20% discount on food and beverages at select Walt Disney World table service locations, but the Disney Dining Plan is a better deal. With the Disney Dining Plan, all meals include free beverages and dessert. Moreover, guests who pay for the Disney Dining Plan have the freedom to select the most expensive items on the menu at Disney’s table service restaurants, whereas Tables in Wonderland members receive a flat 20% discount on food and beverages. Additionally, guests who use the Tables in Wonderland card have an automatic 18% gratuity added to their bill, whereas tipping is left to the discretion of the diner with the Disney Dining Plan.

Guests with the Disney Dining Plan also receive priority when making dining reservations. The moment guests reserve their hotel rooms, the reservation agent prompts them to make dining reservations as well. Reservations can be made as early as 90 days in advance of travel. Agents typically suggest some of the most popular restaurants to guests reserving their hotel rooms. Therefore passholders, Florida residents, and Disney World cast members with the Tables in Wonderland card (which costs $75 per year for passholders) find it increasingly difficult to make reservations at restaurants such as 'Ohana, the Crystal Palace, Chef Mickey’s, and other popular restaurants–especially character dining locations.

Coupled with the recent price increases for Disney World tickets, the increased rates for the Disney Dining Plan in 2010 deal Florida residents, passholders, and all who cherish Walt Disney World a double whammy.

Except for 1-2 dates mixed in the 2 different rates almost looks like a difference between holiday/peak prices compared to non holiday/peak prices.

[QUOTE=Lexie;982336]
Regular Dining Plan:
2/12/10 - 4/10/10, 6/04/10 - 8/14/10, 12/17/10 - 12/31/10 is $46.99 per night per adult or junior (ages 10-17), $12.99 per night for children (ages 3-9).

1/01/10 - 2/11/10, 4/11/10 - 6/03/10, 8/15/10 -12/16/10 is $41.99 per night per adult or junior (ages 10-17), $11.99 per night for children (ages 3-9).

Deluxe has remained the same price. Not sure if we will continue to use the regular plan if we do not go during a free dining period.[/QUOTE]

So, holiday pricing has been factored into the regular dining plan for next year.
Bunch of ***mbags. Look at those long swaths of “premium” periods!
$47 a day is close to not worth it, especially without appetizer and having to pay your own tips.
The deluxe is actually a bargain if you’re going to eat three times a day.
With three table credits and two snacks, you can easily enjoy dinners at the signature restaurants, and with appetizer and dessert, you will certainly get your money’s worth. Like I said, $70 a day is a bargain.

Its amazing what we will pay, lol. We are doing the deluxe this year :slight_smile:

It reminds me of that Pixar movie…UP!

It seems like WDW is encouraging the deluxe plan.

Its probably back to the point where Ill save more splitting meals and doing buffets.

But that’s exactly the point of raising the cost during “holiday” periods! Diner at a buffet during “holiday” pricing is now regularly $36 per adult. Your counter lunch is somewhere around $10 and your snack is at least $2 assuming all you do is get a bottle of water. Now add 7% sales tax on the two meals and you’re over $48. You’re still breaking even because there is no sharing at buffets.

[QUOTE=Soundgod;982405]
The deluxe is actually a bargain if you’re going to eat three times a day.
With three table credits and two snacks, you can easily enjoy dinners at the signature restaurants, and with appetizer and dessert, you will certainly get your money’s worth. Like I said, $70 a day is a bargain.[/QUOTE]

this.

I’m shocked at how much the DP has changed since we first used it in 2007. I believe we paid something like $35 including app and tip >.>

I’m pretty sure when the dining plan started out in 2005 it was $37.99 per adult and it’s creeped up a little since then. The real changes happened between 2007 and 2008 when the appetizers were eliminated. It was at the same time that “because of a new labor agreement between Disney and the restaurant wait staff” tips were eliminated from the dining plan leaving guests to pay tips out of pocket while at the same time DDE/TIW members were hit with a mandatory 18% tip regardless of party size.
Meanwhile, the average cost that Disney covers with a TS credit dinner has gone from an average of $42 down to $29. I also think the portions are shrinking as well.

Maybe Disney needs to rethink their basic dining plan, raise the cost a little, bring back tip and appetizer and in general make the whole thing a bit less popular.
Many times, judging from posts I read, people are getting the dining plan and then complain there’s too much food. If you’re one of those people (I am making a general comment here and not addressing any one person), the dining plan isn’t for you. Maybe it’s time to stop giving the bloody thing away for free so often! Either that, or give the CS plan for free and let people who enjoy taking time to eat upgrade to the basic or deluxe plan. Maybe then, things can go back to normal, mere mortals will be able to get a reservation for Le Cellier, lobster and crab legs can come back, menu choices can be expanded back to where they once were, and Disney won’t have to worry so much about how much money they’re losing by having 80% of their guests on the dining plan.
As things are, it’s just blowing the bell curve!

Well, if it raised that much, I might go without the DDP aspect now. My oldest is on her 5th trip to WDW, 2nd oldest on his 3rd, and 3rd youngest on her 2nd trip. I think I can make better use of the $$ by buying them another $70 monorail:laugh:.

Dh usually only eats 1 meal a day as it is, at Disney he’ll eat the 2 if he cools down enough to enjoy it.

I was thinking about the DDP w/ 2 CS, 2 snacks, and resort mug…that might be better for us this next trip. When my 2 youngest are older maybe we’ll upgrade and go for the TS, CS, snack 1 again…

I’ve got some thinking to do…

[QUOTE=5Demons4Cookie;982803]Well, if it raised that much, I might go without the DDP aspect now. My oldest is on her 5th trip to WDW, 2nd oldest on his 3rd, and 3rd youngest on her 2nd trip. I think I can make better use of the $$ by buying them another $70 monorail:laugh:.

Dh usually only eats 1 meal a day as it is, at Disney he’ll eat the 2 if he cools down enough to enjoy it.

I was thinking about the DDP w/ 2 CS, 2 snacks, and resort mug…that might be better for us this next trip. When my 2 youngest are older maybe we’ll upgrade and go for the TS, CS, snack 1 again…

I’ve got some thinking to do…[/QUOTE]

How old are your kids? If they all qualify for the child menu then they’d most likely order at TS the same as what they would at CS therefore only you & DH would make the sacrifices by not getting the choices off basic DDP.
If they’re anything like my family…DD11’s tastes haven’t matured enough to warrant paying the “adult plan” for her + DH could care less about steak vs burger, it’s all food to him (as long as it’s not MRE’s) so the CS would be more feasible for us right now.

I am not surprised that this all went up with the price of the park tickets. Oh well…they STILL have my money.

I will still continue to use the DDP, because its still something that I can pre-pay.
I also think that they gave away the DDP for FREE way too much! I never once got to use it for free anyways.
If they raised the price and included the tip, I wouldnt mind at all. And I think with the time period that we go (1st wk Nov), there is very little difference in price for me. I personally dont mind not getting an appetizer. I generally dont order an appy when I go out to dinner, and usually order dessert instead. Its just too much (Appy + meal + dessert) food for me!
The children’s prices I think are still a bargain!
If they want to give the DDP for free why dont they do that with the QSP???

The deluxe is still pricey for me but it includes the tip and I could do more 2 TS credit meals, I might consider it for THAT reason, I like everything pre-paid and less OOP while Iam there enjoying my trip!

Something for me to ponder! Would have to work the math out in my head!

Val, the deluxe doesn’t include the tip, just the appetizer.
Every guest has to take care of the tip since Jan 1, 2008.
But it is really nice to do a character breakfast and a signature dinner on the same day and not have to worry about running out of credits way too soon.

[QUOTE=Soundgod;982931]Val, the deluxe doesn’t include the tip, just the appetizer.
Every guest has to take care of the tip since Jan 1, 2008.
But it is really nice to do a character breakfast and a signature dinner on the same day and not have to worry about running out of credits way too soon.[/QUOTE]

AHHHH! Ok. I confused it with the Signature dining restaurants that have the tip included!!! I could do more Signature dining and THEN the tip IS included! :happy:

Sorry Val, the tip just isn’t included. (I’ve done the Deluxe plan many times and have the unused mugs to prove it)
I think you’re confusing the dining plan with Tables In Wonderland (formerly Disney Dining Experience or DDE) which gives you a 20% discount with one hand and then takes an automatic 18% tip with the other.