2010 Discounts

I found this on Yahoo, looks like 2010 won’t be as discounted.:angry:

Iger: Disney will dial back on park discounts in latter part of 2010 | TheDailyDisney.com from OrlandoSentinel.com

Well, there’s a silver lining in every cloud. Look at it this way, if there aren’t as many discounts, then perhaps Disney will begin spending money again on staff levels and coming up with more creative lighting solutions for holiday decorations at Epcot…

They must be expecting enough guests to come without special offers. They may still have some offers.

It doesn’t sound like it’s a done deal so there may be hope.

I am sure that this is a fluid situation, and it will change with the economy…

It just plain stinks!:mad: I know a few people who are waiting for the summer deals to come out, then they will book.
This is the first year we are going in June (not march), now whatch–NO DEALS :pinch::pinch:.

Here is a thought. If no one books until the last minute then they will be forced to bring some out.
My 2010 trip is planned and will kill the trip budget for the year. Even if they came out with some all you MB’ers will benefit.

[QUOTE=tinker2222;1007836]It just plain stinks!:mad: I know a few people who are waiting for the summer deals to come out, then they will book.
This is the first year we are going in June (not march), now whatch–NO DEALS :pinch::pinch:.[/QUOTE]

I just noticed your 1 day behind us at POR!! Sooooo, how many are going to be in this family reunion party!!?!:whistling:laugh:

I’m torn when it comes to deals. I love a great deal but at the same time I don’t want the park to be slamming with people. So if there’s a good deal the park may be busier when we go in early December 2010. So if there isn’t a great deal maybe it will be more doable.

“Deals” and special promotions are just that…special. Even though we may come to rely on historical deals, we need to realize that they may not (and probably will not) be around forever.

I look at this way…I can afford off season rack rates for values. If there is a deal all the better I spend less or I look into upgrading resort. And then of course we are DVC members so we have at least one trip per year for a few days at a deluxe resort

I find it hard to believe that there will not be some sort of discount. They may not offer the free dining or something else but I think there will always be some sort of room discount going on for the majority of any given calendar year

While in Disney in sept we were offered the free DDP for next fall so i wish i booked while there. Now when i called Disney to book my rep said to be on the lookout for april to book free dining. I sure hope he knows what he was talking about.

I was really looking forward to the discounts next year. I thought with Harry Potter opening in the fall of 2010 WDW would most certainly have discounts available to bring the crowd over from Universal.

I was thinking the same thing. We were also offered free dining bounce back and my boyfriend was like we ARE NOT coming back next year. Well guess who changed his mind, lol. Not that the dining plan isn’t a great deal for us even if we have to pay, however, knowing we could have had it for free if he wasn’t so stuborn, lol. Oh the trick by the was was telling him we were going to go to Georgia to Stone Mountain with the kids, and he a self proclaimed Disney hater says, you are going to drive all that way and spend all that money when we could go to disney for a week!!! I knew I could break him, lol!!!

I hope they do have free DDP because that will save us about $1000.00 Im not going to get the counter one just to save money because my husband is finally going after 4 years of me going by myself and he has never done my favs like ohanas,WCC, or HDMR