2011 Candlelight Processional

I am making my dining reservations tomorrow at 6 am for my Dec 2nd Trip to the World and was wondering if anyone knows when the Candlelight Processional Dinner Packages will be available for booking??

How hard are they to get if one is booking Rose & Crown or Tutto Italia perferable for the 6:45 show for the first week of December on a Saturday for 4 people?

Thanks for the help.

Donna

CM told me that the candlelight processional dinner package tickets normally go on sale around August. Can anyone confirm that??

I tried to reserve any world showcase restaurants from 1 to 6 pm and all were not available. I guess that block off thee times for the packages.

Any thoughts??

I have not heard anything. I have never done the Candlelight Processional. Is that on select nights?

August sounds about right. My daughter’s school was invited to preform the first night in 2010 and I remember the first week of school was when we were able to book our package for that night.

I believe it begins the day after Thanksgiving and runs every evening until December 30. Shows are approximately 40 minutes. Each evening there are three shows – 5, 6:45 and 8:15 p.m.

Here is a link to the allearsnet site that has FAQ for 2010 Processional

Candlelight Processional at Epcot

I hope this helps. By the way I love the show

Donna

Personally I prefer the 2nd show because it’s “darker” which makes the candles & lighting that much more beautiful. You have it “right” btw. The only way to “do” the candlelight processional is via the candlelight processional dinner package. Who wants to stand in line for hours at a time & not even be guaranteed a seat? Talk about a “waste”… And on a few occasions, we have attempted to watch the processional from the back, and let me tell you, it’s MISERABLE & it takes away from the beauty of the performance. Especially when everyone is elbowing each other for a glimpse (or a scooter person runs over your foot because they just don’t care… lol).

The Dinner package is completely worth it. And if someone thinks it’s a little spendy, I would skip a sit down dinner the day before & spend the extra $$ on the package…

Anyways, what I would do is keep checking with a CM as to when the packages go on sale… And the minute that they do go on sale, make sure you’re on the phone w/Disney and you should be able to get what you want. Kind of like when a concert ticket goes on sale… :slight_smile:

Also, the earliest that I have ever booked a dinner package was 3 weeks prior to the day that we were planning on viewing the Processional, and I have always landed the exact reservation that I was looking for…

In fact, I have been able to land CP dinner package ressies the week “of” as well. But don’t take a chance like I do… Book it as soon as possible.

BTW the first week of December is a perfect time to visit the world. You’ll experience lighter crowds… And as the Holidays approach, the crowds become thicker, maxing out the week between Christmas & New Years…

And make sure to put the ferry at the international gateway to good use… So you can check out the OFSODL at HS as well… They are amazing!

But if the crowds are insane and they are not running enough Ferry boats, it’s only a 20 to 25 minute walk to HS from EPCOT.

Papa Bear

I agree the Candlelight Processional is well worth it - this will be my 3rd time and the first for the other members of my party. I would like the Rose and Crown because I’ve never been there before.

I see your on your way soon - Have a wonderful time and hope it’s not too hot for you.