The 2011 Flower & Garden Festival runs from March 2 - May 15 and is presented by HGTV.
New in 2011, from wdwinfo.com:
- Toy Story 3 characters Woody, Buzz Lightyear, and Lotso will make their Flower & Garden debut at the EPCOT main entrance as seven-foot-tall topiaries. In an effort to stay true to the strawberry-scented belly of the Lotso character in the successful film, the area surrounding Lotso will smell like strawberries.
- Characters from the Summer 2011 release Cars 2 will be featured as topiaries in the World Showcase Plaza. There are also plans for a special celebration in anticipation of the film’s June 24th release.
- Winnie the Pooh and Tigger will occupy a Hundred Acre Wood display in between Future World and World Showcase.
- The Healthy Living Garden will be focused on helping guests develop a healthy lifestyle, this garden will “focus on healthful eating, fitness, relaxation and meditation.”
- Rapunzel can be found in the Tangled Magical Garden between Germany and Italy.
- Bambi’s Butterfly House will be expanded as it opens in its new location near Innoventions West.
Special Weekend Celebrations:
– Art in the Garden celebration of plein air artists - 3/25 - 3/27
– I Dig Bugs - 4/15 - 4/17
– Fresh from Florida Farmer’s Market salute - 4/29 - 5/1
– Disney/Pixar celebration will be held in May (date to be announced)
Festival summary from disneyworld.com: Epcot International Flower & Garden Festival | Walt Disney World Resort
Download the Festival Guide as a pdf: http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/media/wdw_nextgen/CoreCatalog/WaltDisneyWorld/en_US/Media/InternetMediaType/Event/EpcotInternationalFlowerAndGardenFestival/flower-and-garden-guide-2011.pdf
Video of topiary preparations backstage from wdwmagic.com: YouTube - 2011 Epcot Flower and Garden Festival topiary preparations backstage