2011 Epcot International Flower & Garden Festival begins today!

The 2011 Flower & Garden Festival runs from March 2 - May 15 and is presented by HGTV.

New in 2011, from wdwinfo.com:

• Toy Story 3 characters Woody, Buzz Lightyear, and Lotso will make their Flower & Garden debut at the EPCOT main entrance as seven-foot-tall topiaries. In an effort to stay true to the strawberry-scented belly of the Lotso character in the successful film, the area surrounding Lotso will smell like strawberries.
  • Characters from the Summer 2011 release Cars 2 will be featured as topiaries in the World Showcase Plaza. There are also plans for a special celebration in anticipation of the film’s June 24th release.
  • Winnie the Pooh and Tigger will occupy a Hundred Acre Wood display in between Future World and World Showcase.
  • The Healthy Living Garden will be focused on helping guests develop a healthy lifestyle, this garden will “focus on healthful eating, fitness, relaxation and meditation.”
  • Rapunzel can be found in the Tangled Magical Garden between Germany and Italy.
  • Bambi’s Butterfly House will be expanded as it opens in its new location near Innoventions West.
  • Special Weekend Celebrations:
    – Art in the Garden celebration of plein air artists - 3/25 - 3/27
    – I Dig Bugs - 4/15 - 4/17
    – Fresh from Florida Farmer’s Market salute - 4/29 - 5/1
    – Disney/Pixar celebration will be held in May (date to be announced)

Festival summary from disneyworld.com: Epcot International Flower & Garden Festival | Walt Disney World Resort

Download the Festival Guide as a pdf: http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/media/wdw_nextgen/CoreCatalog/WaltDisneyWorld/en_US/Media/InternetMediaType/Event/EpcotInternationalFlowerAndGardenFestival/flower-and-garden-guide-2011.pdf

Video of topiary preparations backstage from wdwmagic.com: YouTube - 2011 Epcot Flower and Garden Festival topiary preparations backstage

I can’t wait!!!

I will be there during the end but sounds wonderful.

Sounds so exciting- especially the strawberry scented area/ backdrop. Can’t wait to see it in person!!

I :heart::heart::heart: the Flower & garden festival- it’s a beautiful time of year and all the flowers just make EPCOT look even more amazing!

Almost time to go, looking forward to Bambi’s Butterfly Garden

I want to go!:crying:

I can’t wait to see it. This is my favorite time of year:wub: Well, actually, it’s the only time of year that I’ve been! :blush: But we look forward to it every year. I think we love it not only for the beauty, but because we are still under 2 feet of snow here!! It’s like a sneak peek into spring!:happy:

Its some years since we were there during this time, and this event looks just wonderful. It is absolutely amazing how much work and thought goes into these fabulous creations.

Orlando Attractions Magazine tweeted this last night:

“Live Video: Rapunzel’s tower lit-up at night for Epcot’s Flower & Garden Festival”

Attractions Magazine - Live Video: Rapunzel’s tower lit-up at night for Epcot’s Flower & Garden Festival: #fb - TwitVid

So excited. This really is a beautiful time of year to go… 20 more days!!!

Be there next week for couple of days (business trip but stayin “home” instead of stupid Marriott.)

Boss asked me to take a dip in the fountain and sent me his pink tutu. :eek: Seems his restraining order is still in effect.

ARGH!! This is killing me! We had more snow last night - I’m in desperate need of seeing some beautiful flowers and grass! Beautiful green, green grass…

It sounds just…wonderful.:crying:

I also read that there will be some TV personalities from HGTV there on the weekends giving different talks. From Allears:

“Cable TV Network HGTV is sponsoring weekend appearances by its designers and landscaping experts at the 18th Epcot International Flower & Garden Festival, which runs March 2 through May 15, 2011. The lineup will include the likes of Genevieve Gorder, Lisa LaPorta, Kim Myles, Brian Patrick Flynn, Taniya Nayak, Ahmed Hassan, Patti Moreno, Michele Beschen, John Gidding, Frank Fontana, and Vern Yip appearing at the Festival Center each Friday, Saturday and Sunday of the festival on the HGTV Stage. The HGTV hosts will deliver tips to Disney guests on topics including “Mobile Gardens,” “Secrets to Bringing Indoor Style Outside” and “Gardening with Kids.” As part of the HGTV sponsorship, the Festival Center will open daily with presentations and Disney gardening workshops.”

Do these displays completely disappear on the 15th? We arrive on the 17th and I would of loved to of seen all of the topiaries.

The Characters are so amazing as flowers!