2011 point charts are up

They have modified again. They are going up slowly on the DVC site.

Are the changes as as big as they were last year?

Yes…here is the link for BLT

[QUOTE=2nd Star;1014210]Yes…here is the link for BLT
http://advc.disney.go.com/media/dvc_v0302/languagespecific/eng/member/vacationplanning/pointscharts/2011/disneyvacationclub/2011PointsChart_DisneyVacationClub_DisneysBayLakeTower.pdf[/QUOTE]

Yikes, I hate to see big changes for a second year in a row.

It looks like things stayed the same for us again. I would have to get an old planner out but I don’t think our usual week has changed as far as the total points, the weekdays/weekends were just evened out more.

I feel bad for the people who bought exactly the number of points they needed for a certain stay only to have that point total change (twice). We bought more points than we thought we would/could use in a single year so we’re fine.

Have the point charts been pulled off the DVC site already? I can’t find them, the only point charts I see are for the Disney Collection.

I found a link on another site to point charts but I don’t see them on the DVC site.

[QUOTE=DisneyTeacher;1014215]Have the point charts been pulled off the DVC site already? I can’t find them, the only point charts I see are for the Disney Collection.

I found a link on another site to point charts but I don’t see them on the DVC site.[/QUOTE]

I think so…I know I have a few problems with the site today.

Over the last two years our usual nights (Magic Season) at BCV have gone from 14/32 to 18/22 points per night. The total for the whole week hasn’t changed at all. Weekends have quickly become about equal to weeknights, I don’t know if this is good or bad.

It looks like there were some larger changes at other resorts.

Maybe I just haven’t been paying attention closely to points charts but I thought they WEREN’T ALLOWED to raise the amount of points required per night!!?! Isn’t that the point? Once you were locked in, you’re locked in & they can only lower it? That’s why it’s so low points to stay at OKW 'cause it opened 15 years ago with their own points chart & it really hasn’t changed since 'cause they can’t raise the points?

Or are you saying the ‘seasons’ dates keep changing? I don’t really get it.

[QUOTE=WishUponAStar;1014232]Maybe I just haven’t been paying attention closely to points charts but I thought they WEREN’T ALLOWED to raise the amount of points required per night!!?! Isn’t that the point? Once you were locked in, you’re locked in & they can only lower it? That’s why it’s so low points to stay at OKW 'cause it opened 15 years ago with their own points chart & it really hasn’t changed since 'cause they can’t raise the points?

Or are you saying the ‘seasons’ dates keep changing? I don’t really get it.[/QUOTE]

From what I understand, the points are not going up- they are basically repositioned. Weekdays used to be way less in points while weekends were much higher. It seems like a more even balance with weekdays going up and weekends going down. Maybe “more balanced” is a better description.

For me, I am actually relieved to see that some of the weekend points went DOWN because I do a lot of those Wed-Sun little trips, ya know?

I guess it all works out in the end. I only looked at BLT but I did notice that some of the bigger villa “points per week” dropped a good amount. Then again, that means they went up somewhere else, so hopefully it all balances out.

I just looked briefly but it looks like our big family trip we were planning for 2011 has gone up by 68 points which is more than we actually have. I am bummed. Will have to look at it more closely when I get home.

Did your dates move into a different category like “Magic” or “Premier?” Cause if not, I don’t see any changes that would add up to anything that significant! The most I noticed were 2-4 point chances for a WEEK long stay.

It’s because we are going to be booking multiple rooms. The plan was for two 2 bedroom standard views at AKV and 1 Studio at AKV for four weeknights during Premier season. By my calculations (which I am doing quickly) we would have used 436 total points on the 2010 chart and it is now 504 points on the 2011 charts.

[QUOTE=WishUponAStar;1014243]For me, I am actually relieved to see that some of the weekend points went DOWN because I do a lot of those Wed-Sun little trips, ya know?

I guess it all works out in the end. I only looked at BLT but I did notice that some of the bigger villa “points per week” dropped a good amount. Then again, that means they went up somewhere else, so hopefully it all balances out.[/QUOTE]

I agree, I don’t mind the changes because our trips always include a weekend so the total amount of points for our trip is unchanged.

That stinks, I hope you can make your trip happen even with the changes.

I have to head over to DVC and see how many points my 2011 trip needs for the amount of rooms I need.

After many years of never doing a point reallocation, DVCMC has now done this two years in a row. The purpose is to balance supply and demand to ensure the resorts are full year-round.

Is it because they figured out that everyone was avoiding weekend nights? I know that the new points structure hurt our travel plans, which usually included week nights only… we were Sunday - Friday travelers.

Stop the presses!

I just compared 2010 and 2011 for BWV and AKV, and the weekly points went DOWN!

The weekend rates went down a lot, and the weekday rates increased a bit. Overall, this is great news for people who travel for seven nights! And those who need to include Friday and Saturday in their plans!

[QUOTE=MissDisney;1014324]Stop the presses!

I just compared 2010 and 2011 for BWV and AKV, and the weekly points went DOWN!

The weekend rates went down a lot, and the weekday rates increased a bit. Overall, this is great news for people who travel for seven nights! And those who need to include Friday and Saturday in their plans![/QUOTE]

I hope it helps you. I read that a standard view at BWV went down in general. If true, that’s going to make that view even harder to get.

The total number of points for our usual week during magic season at BCV hasn’t changed since we joined DVC. The weekend/weeknight points have evened out a lot but the total number of points hasn’t changed. We’ve taken a couple of long weekend trips and used a lot of points so this will make those weekend less painful to book. This isn’t a bad thing for us but I know it has hurt a lot of members who usually only travel on weekdays.