2012 Dining Changes

Has anyone else noticed that there are quite a few restaurants taken off the dining plan for 2012…VERY disappointing.

I compared the 2011 plan to the 2012 plan; here 's a list of restaurants that ARE NOT[COLOR=“Black”]on the 2012 dining plan:[/COLOR]

[U]Disney’s Boardwalk:[/U]
Big River Grille & Brewing Works

[U]Disney’s Coronado Springs Resort:[/U]
Cafe Rix
Laguna Pool Bar
Pepper market
Siestas Cantina
Maya Grill

[U]Magic Kingdom:[/U]
El Pirata y el Perica Restauante (seasonal)
Tomorrowland Terrace REstaurant (seasonal)

[U]Epcot:[/U]
Cantina de San Angel
Tangierine Cafe
Yakitori Cafe
La Hacienda de San Angel
Nine Dragons Restaurant
Restaurant Marrakesh
An Angel Inn Restaurante
Tokyo Dining
Tutto Italia Ristorante
Via Napoli Ristorante 3 Pizzeria

[U]Animal Kingdom:[/U]
Yak & Yeti

[U]Downtown Disney:[/U]
Cookes of Dublin
Earl of Sandwich
Pollo Campero
Wolfgang Puck Express and Cafe
Planet Hollywood
Raglan Road

This happens every year. Don’t worry too much until the final list comes out much later in the year. Most of the non-Disney owned restaurants are on this list until the final details are worked out.

This is indeed very sad however, I think im right in saying some restaurants get added later once they have done a deal with Disney.

I may have to make changes to my upcoming ADR if this is the case as some on your list i was going to do in 2012 such as yak and yeti

I agree with Steph, it does happen every year

Whew!..thanks DT; not that I couldn’t have found somewhere else to eat :laugh:, but some of the places I want to try are not on the 2012 list. I get to start making ressies on October 3.

I do remember that it does happen every year. Those restaurant owners may not realize that they are giving us all panic fits by not getting their agreements together sooner. Ok, restaurants-get it together-there are ADR’s to be made…

The list will be amended two or three times between now and the end of the year.
In the end, it’s a good bet that if they participated last year and this year, they will eventually participate next year too.
It’s the annual dance.

:laugh:Amen to that!

I would just make my dining plans based on what’s always been on the dining plan and assume that everything is going to stay the same. No reason to worry until you have to.

This happens every year lately it seems.

Personally, I think that it should be required as part of your lease, that if you are on WDW property, you participate in the DP program.

[QUOTE=rlcarmichael;1086629]This happens every year lately it seems.

Personally, I think that it should be required as part of your lease, that if you are on WDW property, you participate in the DP program.[/QUOTE]

I agree, why be allowed on property and not want to participate in all that Disney has to offer its guests.

i agree, if it’s on wdw property it should be part of the ddp. Of course, we aren’t using ddp or eating out much this trip, so I shouldn’t even be looking at this stuff, lol!

The problem is, while they may be on WDW property, they aren’t owned and operated by Disney. This is the case of much of World Showcase, much of DTD, and the non Disney hotels (i.e. Dolphin and Swan).

These businesses operate under leases. All they had to do was put a clause in the lease. No different than a business being located in a mall. There are things that a business must do (i.e. operating hours) that are controlled by the mall management.

I think that this just hits a nerve with me. They participate in the WDW dining reservation system so it LOOKS like they are part of the WDW system, but you can get caught making reservations at non DP locations if you don’t pay attention.

At a minimum, not DP participant, would not be in WDW dining system for reservations would be how I’d do it if >>> I <<< was king of the WDW. :laugh: And FREE beer too! :whistling

This last will be updated at least a million more times. I wouldn’t sweat it.

[QUOTE=rlcarmichael;1087505]These businesses operate under leases. All they had to do was put a clause in the lease. No different than a business being located in a mall. There are things that a business must do (i.e. operating hours) that are controlled by the mall management.

I think that this just hits a nerve with me. They participate in the WDW dining reservation system so it LOOKS like they are part of the WDW system, but you can get caught making reservations at non DP locations if you don’t pay attention.

At a minimum, not DP participant, would not be in WDW dining system for reservations would be how I’d do it if >>> I <<< was king of the WDW. :laugh: And FREE beer too! :whistling[/QUOTE]

1. Leases can be long term, so some of them may predate DDP.
  2. Leases are a two way street. Disney may prefer that all restaurants on property offer DDP. But if they want a certain type of restaurant and of a certain caliber and can’t attract them because the DDP is a deal breaker for a third party restaurant, then guess which gets drop.

This could not possibly be the final list!! According to this not one of the restaurants or bars at the Coronado Springs would accept the plan. I would think this WDW Hotel would loose quite a bit of business.

Quite a few of those EPCOT restaurants including those in Mexico have been part of the dining plan since its inception. Most of the EPCOT eateries listed are counter service so I am sure this is not a final list.

[QUOTE=QueenofHearts;1088794]This could not possibly be the final list!! According to this not one of the restaurants or bars at the Coronado Springs would accept the plan. I would think this WDW Hotel would loose quite a bit of business.

Quite a few of those EPCOT restaurants including those in Mexico have been part of the dining plan since its inception. Most of the EPCOT eateries listed are counter service so I am sure this is not a final list.[/QUOTE]

It’s the same song every year.
Even Coronado Springs does not announce participation at first, why, I don’t know. Same with the DTD and Epcot restaurants. Eventually, most join back in.