2012 Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party - What's new and different!

2012 Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party - What’s new and different!

From Allears

Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party at Disney World’s Magic Kingdom will have a few new treats for guests this year.

Last year, Mickey’s Toon Town Fair was closed during the September and October party dates, which cut down on the square footage of the party and forced the relocation of some treat stations. But what a difference a year makes. With the opening of Storybook Circus in the same location comes the return of Alice & Mad Hatter’s Treat Party between Storybook Circus and Tomorrowland. The Alice in Wonderland-themed walkway contains cool, lighted decorations and enough candy to satisfy any sweet tooth.

In addition, there will be a candy stop near the Fantasyland train station, and the Dumbo the Flying Elephant and The Barnstormer attractions in Storybook Circus will be open during the party, a Walt Disney World spokesperson told me. The twin Dumbo carousels are especially beautiful at night with their lights and water shows.

Last year, Br’er Rabbit’s Laughin’ Place Candy Patch was added near Splash Mountain in Frontierland and it will remain again this year. This treat trail also is well-themed, as you would expect from Disney, with jack-o-lanterns featuring “Song of the South” characters. The queue did seem to back up more quickly here than the Alice & Mad Hatter’s Treat Party.

The balloons marking the candy stations will have a new look this year – lighted Mickey pumpkins will take Goofy Candy Company’s place.

Disney planners hope to make the wait for Mickey’s Boo to You! Halloween Parade more pleasant for guests by adding some pre-show entertainment on Main Street, USA, and in Town Square that will include music and “streetmosphere.” Guests will be invited to join a line dance during the Not-So-Scary Street Jam! The featured song will be “Calling All the Monsters” by China Anne McClain.

The Boo To You! parade, which is performed twice each night, is one of the highlights of the party and guests typically stake out their spots for the first time more than an hour before it starts. The parade features characters only seen during this event, such as ghosts and gravediggers from the Haunted Mansion, and it starts with a the Headless Horseman galloping by.

Other party favorites will return, including the Happy HalloWishes fireworks show, The Villains Mix & Mingle stage show, dance parties and meet–and-greets with rarely seen Disney characters. I’ll be attending Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party the first week and bringing parents tips for making the most out of their haunted night with the kids.

Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party takes place from 7 p.m. to midnight September 11, 14, 18, 21, 25, 28, 30; October 4, 5, 8, 11, 12, 14, 16, 18, 21, 23, 25, 26, 28, 30, 31; and November 2. Prices vary depending on date, time of purchase and discounts. For complete ticket details, see the AllEars.Net

2012 Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party - What’s new and different! (A Mom and The Magic)

Sounds like another great night - wow look at all those dates, we went to the very first one, and it was only a couple of nights! But then it was waaaaay back in the dark ages :slight_smile:

Sounds like a really fun time. I have never been to Mickeys Not So… But its on the top of my list if I ever can get away that time of year.:cheshire:

It is the best party they throw. So much fun!

Im so exited for this event and cannot wait:fork_off:

Hope everyone is in practice for the dance. “Calling all the monsters”

Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party Street Jam - YouTube

We loved mnsshp the first time we went, just ok the second time. I’m really not sure why we didn’t enjoy it as much. Not sure we’ll shell out the dough to go again next year. We did loved the parade & fireworks! Definitely recommend doing at least once!

[QUOTE=peter pan;1120962] 2012 Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party - featuring “Song of the South” characters.
[/QUOTE]

Now all Disney needs to do is stop disavowing they ever made Song of the South and issue the thing for home video already, and at the same time point out that despite alleged stereotypes, Uncle Remus is actually a character of respect and one to be respected while oddly, the movie shows far more integration and equality than even the real south did in the Jim Crow early 60’s.

There are several new elements and routines for the parade this year. It just gets bigger and better ever year!

I love it when people keep adding to my excitement of a first-time event! We’ll be attending the MNSSHP at the end of the month. Can’t wait.

We went to the first night last week. Had a great time and enjoyed all of it! Love, love, LOVE the extra features at the HM.

I also noticed something that was probably already in place. A lot more CM’s and they interact more with you and seem to sincerely be having fun too.

[QUOTE=Captgoodguy;1122242]We went to the first night last week. Had a great time and enjoyed all of it! Love, love, LOVE the extra features at the HM.

I also noticed something that was probably already in place. A lot more CM’s and they interact more with you and seem to sincerely be having fun too.[/QUOTE]

Don’t tell me what enhancements were made in HM, unless they’ve added in Nightmare like they have at Disneyland.

“The balloons marking the candy stations will have a new look this year – lighted Mickey pumpkins will take Goofy Candy Company’s place.”

Noooooooo! I love Goofy and proudly endorse Goofy’s Candy Company for all my sweet tooth needs.

…do they still display all the carved pumpkins the CMs have made?

We were there at that time last week also, and didn’t go to the party. Now I’m regretting it, only if not to see my new friend I made that day, Brady, who the stable manager said the headless horsemen would ride that night:

I have tickets for the October 14th party! It will be my first and I am SUPER EXCITED!!! :cheshire:

Can anyone tell me what time the parades and Hallowishes go off?

we will be there,but will not be paticipating,we did mnsshp,once and that was enough,when compared to DLR which used to do it for a price at DCA,the halloween festivities like the parade were free,held at DL,now that they moved it to DL they have copied MK and it is a hard ticket event,that said we still get the makeover for space mountain and the haunted mansion we don’t get the fireworks{which were absolutely great} or the parade,just will not pay for somethingthat used to be free,also MK does the same thing for the christmas parade while DL does not YET

DJ, at least there are plenty of places outside the MK to watch fireworks from and many have the soundtrack piped in.
I’d love to see a Nightmare overlay to the MK HM and I would really like to see the Disneyland Halloween fireworks show in person, even if large parts of it are the same as HalloWishes. Zero on the wire and the big Jack inflatables on the castle looked great on You Tube.
Plus, I’ll have HalloWishes in HD in the can with two in park and two outside park shots, so that’s pretty much done.

MNSSHP is the last piece of my planning for our October trip. I am totally on the fence about doing it. Our plan is to mostly stick to the resorts and Epcot for Food and Wine but we decided we will either do a half day at MK or the MNSSHP. I have done it once before but it was an awful night weather wise which I think kind of ruined the fun.

I know the Halloween night party is super crowded, has anyone ever been to the one the night before Halloween? I am betting it is also crowded, no?

we have gone to mnssp just once, to us it was OK…we have no young kids…we probably will not be going this up coming trip,we try to avoid and not encourage hard ticket events,we spend enough on disney,but we love disney we will be there very shortly

Ah, but if you could gather $65 worth of candy, would it be worth it then? :happy: