2012 Pop Warner resorts

A three (3) night minimum stay is required and includes a standard room at Disney’s All-Star Resorts, Disney’s Caribbean Beach Resort or Disney’s Coronado Springs Resort. All participants/coaches must book a package through Disney Sports Travel and stay at these select Walt Disney World® Resort hotels*

Saturday, December 1st through Saturday, December 9th

LOL I can just hear people thinking, “Port Orleans sounds good…” Pahahaha!

…I apologize…but I don’t understand what this thread is about??? What’s Pop Warner?

The Football National Championships consist of 64 teams from 8 Pop Warner Regions playing in four age/weight classifications (Jr. Peewee, Peewee, Jr. Midget, Midget). There are two divisions, Division I and Division II, each fielding 32 teams.

Once a league champion has been decided and a team has won the right to participate in regional championships. Those teams that win at the regional championships are invited to ESPN Wide World of Sports™ to compete for a national championship in the Jr. Peewee, Peewee, Jr. Midget, and Midget divisions.

68 games take place throughout the 6-day event in December, including the Division I Midget National Championship game, which is featured on ESPN and ESPN2 throughout the NFL Super Bowl week.

The 2012 Pop Warner Super Bowl and National Cheer & Dance Championships will take place from Saturday, December 1st through Saturday, December 8th at ESPN Wide World of Sports™ Complex.

The thing is, if there is not enough supervision by coaches and parents, it can be a touch mayhemish at the resorts that have the teams. Like any other time, the adults should be watchful. That’s all…

Thanks for the explanation…I’ve heard of all types of competitions going but I’ve never heard of a Pop Warner anything! :laugh:

I love watching the competitions and normally aren’t to bothered by them in the parks. I would never want to stay at the same resort…:laugh:

You are so right. It’s not that hard to make sure your players are supervised at all times. We took 50+ high school kids and we made sure we watched them if they were at the pool or down in the dining area. There was no way we were going to let them run all over unsupervised, they even had to be with an adult in the parks. No matter how much we trusted them they were still kids and needed supervision.