2014 WDW Food & Wine Festival

Hi MBers:

JoJo has shamed me into a brief trip report. :whistling

We had an amazing 5 days this last weekend at WDW. Adults only trip. We honestly went to attend the Food & Wine Festival so we quickly decided that we were just going to Epcot for three straight days.

We did however run the Disney Haunted 5K Trail Run on Saturday morning. Quite fun and generally well run as all RunDisney events are. The expo beforehand was smaller than on Marathon weekend but still nice. I had the pleasure of meeting Jeff Galloway (former marathon Olympian). What a nice guy!

The F&W was fabulous. Crowds were definitely better on Friday than Saturday or Sunday. Still not bad on weekends. They really move the people through the lines quickly so even a long line is not bad.

The food was honestly amazing. Most everything is so fresh which seems impossible given the volume of people that they cook for during the festival.

For the record out Top 5 eats were (in no order):

Filet Mignon in Canada
Braised Beef Short Ribs in France
Seared scallops in Scotland
Lamb Chops in Australia
Baked Lobster Alfredo in US

Also tried many different beers but honestly we ate so much that it was hard to drink too much.

We also at at the Wine Cellar in Italy. Very, very nice small plates and cold beer. Big wine list but that is not for me.

Overall - AMAZING!!!

:mickey:

Thanks for sharing! We are planning on going down in Sept. 2016. Really thinking of making F&W part of our trip. I saw a bit of it on The Chew today. Really looks so amazing!

It absolutely is a ton of fun. I think younger kids may not enjoy it as much as older ones although almost all booths have special desserts as well so maybe kids would have a desserts around the world vacation!

[QUOTE=skwak;1919093861]Hi MBers:

JoJo has shamed me into a brief trip report. :whistling

:mickey:[/QUOTE]

Who knew I had such power…:ninja::ninja:

Boss Mouse, you owe me money,… Skwak, if he give me any money, I’ll split it with you.

Money would be nice but I would also be happy to accept a Disney gift card! :flowers:

[QUOTE=jo-jo;1919093878]Who knew I had such power…:ninja::ninja:

Boss Mouse, you owe me money,… Skwak, if he give me any money, I’ll split it with you.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for reporting!! We will be there Oct. 30-Nov. 4 for F&W and MNSSHP!

Amazing event!![QUOTE=Willbegone;1919093893]Thanks for reporting!! We will be there Oct. 30-Nov. 4 for F&W and MNSSHP![/QUOTE]

Love F&W. Hope that we can make it over one day this week, but looking doubtful :frowning:

we have been back about 2 weeks now an we enjoyed are all too short (9days) trip had the room we requested ,fastpass plus worked great as did the magic bands,greatd dinners at cape may,via Napoli,raglan road,artist pointe,crystal palace buffet,food and wine excusion,and citricos…weather was outstanding barley saw a cloud,low 80’s to upper 80’s everyday…stuck with my pledge and did not buy a rapid fill mug and spent a total of 8 dollars at the faux food court at SSR…the trip was way too short so we extended our spring trip to 2 1/2 weeks,plane tickets have been purchased and dining reservation are all done…oh before I forget MNSSHP we enjoyed lots of candy,great parade and even better fireworks…and the mine ride was very nice, not great but very,very nice …sadly unlike DLR WDW refuses to redecorate the haunted mansion ,aliitle let down I believe it would be huge at WDW…about the food and wine,the food selection was better than ever,scallops ,lobster,italy as always very good,canada filet, etc too many too mention we really enjoyed it …the new electrical parade is better than ever, in all a great trip…bus transportation could have been better DTD is very tough because one bus top is deleted right now… I have high hopes for Disney Springs,it looks like right now it will be very nice but only time will tell…surprisingly we heard many people lamenting that MCD’S was gone …the people at earl standing in line said it was their alternative for cheap eats DTD and now its earl,they also missed the MCD’S desserts the cones,sundays and shakes…but I just wonder the reason they left doen’t seem to hold water now because Disney supplies the happy meal toys in Europe …but Disney springs will be very nice I think… and strangely the biggest crowds ever at DTD we have ever seen,yes I know the area is smaller but employees said the crowds have been huge