3 choices of resturants, which one would you choose?

I would like to know out of Jinkos,California Grill, and Artist Point, which one would you choose as the best. I am wanting to try and Make an ADR and want to try one of these but do not know which one, Please help!!

I have only been to the California grill and LOVE it!! I also want to try Jiko and Artist’s Point, but without kids so it can be completely enjoyable.

If I am able to score an ADR for AP this weekend, we might try to see if the kids club at th WL will take my kids for a few hours.

I would choose Cali Grill, never had a bad experience there & it’s a great location with a view.

Lots of times with CC and all pretty good
but I would choose Artist Point:happy:

Love both Artist Point and Cali Grill, either choice is great. Haven’t been to Jiko since we always eat at Boma when we are at AKL.

Look at the menus at All Ears and see which appeals to you most.
We have eaten at all three, however Jiko was one time only and a second (or what would have been the first) we cancelled the reservation because DWs stomach was already doing flip flops that day.
California Grill has the most to offer because they have Yoshi’s sushi creations as well as about 10 regular entrees on the menu while Artist Point is the only place you’ll be able to get buffalo and has some pretty nice ambiance to offer.
All are good choices, but based only on number of times we’ve eaten anywhere, it would be 1 California Grill, 2 Artist Point, 3 Jiko, but like I said, your meal is all about the menu, so you should base your choice on that.

California Grill is considered one of the top restaurants in Orlando. Frommer’s (California Grill Review at Frommer’s) gives it it’s highest rating.

Please note that some folks are chased away by the business casual dress code, but if you’re going to spend that kind of money, shorts really don’t mix. :slight_smile:

California Grill is a 4 star restaurant with great filets! Upscale, not your Crystal Palace. Jiko is great food, unusual cuisine, wonderful presentation. Either one you won’t regret!

Ok, so I think I will try for CG. Would I be out of place with a nice pair of jeans and a nice shirt.

No, you would not.
In fact, the dress code for all signatures has been relaxed to resort casual, which is shorts or jeans (not torn or ripped) and collared golf shirts or unprinted solid color tee shirts. Of course, no flip flops, no bathing suits, no halter tops.
That said, I’ve seen full business suits and cocktail dresses at one table and “resort casual” at the next and even Goofy and Mickey tee shirts at the next.

Never been to Jiko’s.

hated California Grill (it reminded me of every “over-the-top fusion” restaurant I’ve ever been in. Pretentious and a bunch of made-up names to make mediocre food sound better than it was - sorry - that was just my take. And the noise was deafening.

Loved Artist’s Point for delivering on a well-prepared, simple food (the salmon was wonderful) served in a beautiful setting. Watching the charming Electrical Light Water Parade and sunset on Bay Lake trumps the MK fireworks, IMHO - and it was blissfully quiet.

[QUOTE=llama;1007718] hated California Grill (it reminded me of every “over-the-top fusion” restaurant I’ve ever been in. Pretentious and a bunch of made-up names to make mediocre food sound better than it was - sorry - that was just my take. And the noise was deafening.
.[/QUOTE]

Yes, I also remember the noise was very unpleasant one of our visits!

:heart::heart::heart: Cali Grill
:heart::heart: Artist Point
:heart: Jiko

All are great places, but CG wins my vote for best view and sushi :happy:

[QUOTE=mickeymotto;1008003]
All are great places, but CG wins my vote for best view and sushi :happy:[/QUOTE]

I’m sensing a theme here.

[QUOTE=llama;1007718]
Loved Artist’s Point for delivering on a well-prepared, simple food (the salmon was wonderful) served in a beautiful setting.[/QUOTE]

I had the scallops last December and DW had the salmon. I’d already had the salmon in October.
But I had a comment about the number of scallops being only three, so the chef came out to talk with us. I love talking to the executive chefs, but I feel uncomfortable because I believe a chef’s place is in the kitchen overseeing food preparation and not wasting his valuable time talking to me. I’m nobody.
But, talk we did and then he presented me with a gift.
Two pieces of cedar and the recipe for the salmon!
I’ve also had the opportunity to talk with various chefs at California Grill as well, and of course my friend Yoshi, the head sushi chef.

Yes, it does get loud in the main dining room of CG, but they do have a smaller, quieter room adjacent to the on stage kitchen that faces Bay Lake. (If you know where to look, you can see the IOA searchlight off to the north)
Is it a pretentious fusion restaurant? Yeah, probably, but so is Emeril’s and I never miss a chance to eat there if I’m at Universal. Then again, Flying Fish also fits into that category.

Well, as it turns out, we could not get an ADR for the CG,but got one for The Turf Club at SSR. How is that place, the reviews sound good,but I would like to hear from you all. The menu looked really good.

Yes the Turf Club was a nice surprise for
us enjoyed everything we had.:happy:

Well Cali Grill doesn’t really appeal to us food wise, Jiko we want to try but we don’t really want to make the trek all the way out to Animal Kingdom Lodge. We’ve done Artist Point and loved it and would do it again in a heartbeat.

The Turf Club lacks the pizzaz of the CG being on the top of the CR. I wish the Turf Club had a great filet like the CG. Really two different type of restaurants. How about Kouzzinas? Great food, atmosphere.

I have been to Artists Point and it was lovely, though a bit dull. By that I mean, the food was delicious and the wine was great, but it was not an exciting evening in terms of glam. On the other hand, our meal at CG was not only incredibly delicious, but the room was lively, the kitchen was fun to watch, the cocktails and wine were outstanding, the fireworks were a whole new experience from the rooftop, the view made my jaw drop and the service was impeccable.

In my mind, there is no comparison at all… I would book CG every trip.