4 loooooong years....our TRIP IS BOOKED!

I have missed you all (but have been the occasional lurker:ph34r:). I am so happy to finally have a trip on the books. I look at my avatar and cannot believe the differences in my now 5 and 7 year old girls. They are going to DIE!!! We aren’t going to tell them until Christmas:happy:

Anyway, I just wanted to say hi to all of you wonderful Mousebuzzers. I am totally out of the “know” and will most definitely have questions.

We are going to be staying at Port Orleans Riverside this time (I was really torn because I liked the intimacy at POFQ). Our trip is January 11th!!! Now to start booking some dining ressies (I already booked CRT).

Welcome back JustaT! And congrats on having a trip planned. POR is our favourite resort too- how exciting! And telling the girls at Christmas? Priceless!!
Let us know your plans and enjoy your planning.

Hello, congrats on your trip. The kids are going to flip when they hear the surprise.:mickey:

Congrats!!! What an incredible surprise for Christmas. Glad to see you back here!!

[QUOTE=dixie;1090984]Welcome back JustaT! And congrats on having a trip planned. POR is our favourite resort too- how exciting! And telling the girls at Christmas? Priceless!!
Let us know your plans and enjoy your planning.[/QUOTE]

Hi Dixie! I am looking forward to POR…any tips for the resort?

Thanks Mousemom!

My oldest daughter has been saving money for the past year in her piggy bank (allowance, tooth fairy, etc…). Occasionally she will ask for a toy and I’ll say, “you can use your piggy bank money” and she says, “NO, MOM…I’m saving that so I can take our family back to Disney World”. It is going to be the BEST surprise EVER!

I think I’ll wrap a little note from a character for them and then include in the box a paper chain countdown. I am soooooo excited!!!:goofybounce:

[QUOTE=JustaT;1090996]Thanks Mousemom!

My oldest daughter has been saving money for the past year in her piggy bank (allowance, tooth fairy, etc…). Occasionally she will ask for a toy and I’ll say, “you can use your piggy bank money” and she says, “NO, MOM…I’m saving that so I can take our family back to Disney World”. It is going to be the BEST surprise EVER!

I think I’ll wrap a little note from a character for them and then include in the box a paper chain countdown. I am soooooo excited!!!:goofybounce:[/QUOTE]

AWWWWW!!! I love the piggu bank. Every time we come back from our annual week long trip,we are saving in our “Disney Jar”. That always go towards their spending money for the week. I cannot wait to hear their reaction.

Yippee!!! Congrats on your upcoming trip:mickey: What a great way to tell your girls:smile: Love your choice of resort as well, I always loved the Magnolia Bend area:wub:

Welcome home!:happy:

How terrific that you’ve got a trip to plan! Love the piggy-bank story - so cute!

I have stayed once at POR, in the Bayou area, I think… building 14. We loved it because we were close to the bus stop… My three year old, who did not know we were at Disney said, " Mommy, Mickey Mouse is on the kerrrtains" She was just thrilled with that. She had no idea that she was going to eat with princesses in a few hours. it was so cute!

I think that you will like how close you are to all the parks… About 10-15 minutes to everywhere, and a boat to Downtown Disney… Fun Fun… You will have to let us know how they get surprised!

How fantastic - your your children will have such a shock at christmas when you tell them.:mickey:
I love how long a disney vacation last with all the planning - booking ADR’s

so cool

Welcome back! You’ll love POR. Have a Magical vacation!!!

Good to “see” you again! Even better to hear you have a trip to plan. We’ve only stayed at POR once and it was in the Magnolia Bend section several years ago. It is a lovely resort. Can’t wait to hear more about the plans!

[QUOTE=jimbo;1091057]
I love how long a disney vacation last with all the planning - booking ADR’s

so cool[/QUOTE]

I couldn’t agree more. The planning is one of my favorite parts!