40% off Discount email

My father just forwarded a copy of an email he received from WDW. 40% resort rate -
the dates vary. The first time frame begins on 8/23/09. Figures, we are going Aug 14-16th. We cant change our dates…the kids go back to school I believe the 24th.

Anyway, just wondering if anyone has a head’s up on upcoming FL Resident rates or Passholder rates for Aug 14th time frame. We booked with a AAA rate but we are hoping to get a little bit better of a rate with the passholder discount.

Is the 40% off just good at certain resorts or all resorts?

40% off
a Disney stay!

Select Walt Disney World Resort hotels available for stays most nights.

8/23–9/4/09
9/6–11/21/09
11/29–12/5/09
12/13–12/23/09

It had a PIN# on the bottom of the email. I think it is a special for passholders. I didnt get the email directly…my father forwarded a copy of his to me.

I am waiting for the 8/14/09 discounts…cant wait to see if we will be able to pull off an extra night or not.

[QUOTE=CaraMia;965753]40% off
a Disney stay!

Select Walt Disney World Resort hotels available for stays most nights.

8/23–9/4/09
9/6–11/21/09
11/29–12/5/09
12/13–12/23/09

It had a PIN# on the bottom of the email. I think it is a special for passholders. I didnt get the email directly…my father forwarded a copy of his to me.

I am waiting for the 8/14/09 discounts…cant wait to see if we will be able to pull off an extra night or not.[/QUOTE]
Wowee! What a bargain!

I got a 40% off back in January. That was what got me to book my vacation for August. Then came out withfree dining, so I switched. Saved me more money. We are staying at POR, the 40% would have been worth more if we were staying in a deluxe resort. Im not a pass holder so not sure why I got the email, just though it had to do with our stay last year.

My brother checked the rates for October using the 40% off discount. He said the Contemporary would be about $168 a night and AKL was about $144 per night. That is a great rate for the Contemporary. We considered switching our trip to October but then we need to buy tickets. If I am still unemployed we wont be able to pull that off. So we are staying with our August dates. Who knows, if I find a job maybe we can go back in October. We will see…

Is it for all resorts? We are staying at All Star Movies for one night before we check in to our DVC stay! This would be terrific. However, it may be even better if we can just check right into BWV for one night and move to our 1 bedroom the next day! Hmmm…

I might not be ap holder but I hope I get one of those pins or it goes public or something so I could use it…for the last week of Oct. I would do a WL vacation package stay…better start praying about it now…

That’s the discount we got in October 2007. It was great! I wish I’d gotten that email with pin code! I think it would be a better deal for us instead of Free Dining since there are only 2 adults and we’re staying at a deluxe resort.

I finally got one of these offers myself. Oddly, they spelled our last name wrong.
I’ll call in a day or two and check on October and what hotels are available.
I’d jump on this and then see what AP discounts become available later, but I’ll assume that 40% off rack rate will be about the same as any AP discount.

[QUOTE=Soundgod;965849]I finally got one of these offers myself. Oddly, they spelled our last name wrong.
I’ll call in a day or two and check on October and what hotels are available.
I’d jump on this and then see what AP discounts become available later, but I’ll assume that 40% off rack rate will be about the same as any AP discount.[/QUOTE]

I rarely get these offers myself. It seems my family members all get them and I am skipped over. I spoke to my husband again about changing our trip from Aug to Oct but he wants to keep August. Mainly so we wont have to deal with the expense of tickets. I think the re-newing the seasonals or getting three day hoppers would be more than then what we would save in the room rate by switching our trip dates.

I am still really hoping that I find a job and we will be able to go August , then go again in October or December.

So I called Disney today to see if I could apply this discount to my one night stay at Pop in October before our DVC stay. I explain that I heard there was this 40% off discount but that I did not have the pin and the guy says he actually found one and applied it to my reservation, I saved $48! I was so excited! I got the Pop room for $71 for the night!

I then called my friend and told her I booked the room (she is going @ the same time), and asked if she wanted me to get her the one night as well (she is an RCI member and checks in the next day to her DVC stay, just like us) so I call to book her the room and they say that I should never have gotten the discount and that they can’t give it to her either. They even go as far as to say that they can’t allow my reservation to be kept at that rate. Can you belive this! I express my frustration and disbelief and long story short… they work it out so we both get the rate and the resrvation stands, but I just wanted to let everyone know that you cant get this discount unless it came directly to you! Oh well…

Well I would like to know how to get one of them than…hummmmm how to figure it out…

[QUOTE=NokeyNose;966360]So I called Disney today to see if I could apply this discount to my one night stay at Pop in October before our DVC stay. I explain that I heard there was this 40% off discount but that I did not have the pin and the guy says he actually found one and applied it to my reservation, I saved $48! I was so excited! I got the Pop room for $71 for the night!

I then called my friend and told her I booked the room (she is going @ the same time), and asked if she wanted me to get her the one night as well (she is an RCI member and checks in the next day to her DVC stay, just like us) so I call to book her the room and they say that I should never have gotten the discount and that they can’t give it to her either. They even go as far as to say that they can’t allow my reservation to be kept at that rate. Can you belive this! I express my frustration and disbelief and long story short… they work it out so we both get the rate and the resrvation stands, but I just wanted to let everyone know that you cant get this discount unless it came directly to you! Oh well…[/QUOTE]

Wow! I’m glad that all worked out for you in the end. That would have been awful if they cancelled the discount you had received!

I emailed disney yesterday. Explained how my family received the PIN# and I didnt…and I am the one who plans and books everything. Havent heard back as of yet.

My husband got this pin code last year and I called to book and they actually gave me a hard time about using it. I think it all depends on who you get when you call to make the reservation. Good luck! I hope you get it.

That sounds like a pretty darn good deal.

I got the Email. I think im just giong to stick to the free DDP. I only owe a few money $ do I really dont want to change my ressie around at this point in the game.

On the other hand, this works out well for us in October when free dining doesn’t even exist.

Very true! I may have to go and do the math for us and see what pans out.