40th Anniversary info, well sorta

Dear Michael, Thank you for contacting the Walt Disney World® Resort. At the present time we haven’t been given any information on any specialevent for the 40th Anniversary of WDW. Michael,we hope this information will be of help to you and we are delighted to hear you are planning a vacation at Walt Disney World. If you have questions or need further assistance, feel free to contact us. Please include your full name, E-Mail address, and reservation number ifapplicable on all correspondence. Sincerely, Stan PalmerWDW Online Communications PLEASE NOTE: All information is subject to change without notice and should be confirmed just prior to your visit.

This was from an email response I sent requesting any info they had about the 40th anniversary coming up.

[QUOTE=Disney62;1073471]Dear Michael, Thank you for contacting the Walt Disney World® Resort. At the present time we haven’t been given any information on any specialevent for the 40th Anniversary of WDW. Michael,we hope this information will be of help to you and we are delighted to hear you are planning a vacation at Walt Disney World. If you have questions or need further assistance, feel free to contact us. Please include your full name, E-Mail address, and reservation number ifapplicable on all correspondence. Sincerely, Stan PalmerWDW Online Communications PLEASE NOTE: All information is subject to change without notice and should be confirmed just prior to your visit.

This was from an email response I sent requesting any info they had about the 40th anniversary coming up.[/QUOTE]

Wow I am surprised they have nothing planned- they usually celebrate most milestones with some sort of acknowledgement. Do you think they are holding back for the big 50? Interesting to see if anything develops later?

“We haven’t been given any information… [and]we hope this information will be of help to you”… :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Oh, yes. VERY helpful. :rolleyes:

[QUOTE=Andrea;1073486]“We haven’t been given any information… [and]we hope this information will be of help to you”… :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Oh, yes. VERY helpful. :rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

That’s the same thing I thought. Typical CYA Disney speak.

Having SUPPOSED to have gotten a new day parade at MK and a NEW castle show for the 40th, I’m guessing with all the costs of Fantasyland they may just hold out until the 50th.

Well you know what they say now…50 IS the new 40 :laugh:

Wow, I thought they would at least have something planned. Maybe we should all show up on October 1st with birthday hats and have a party of our own!:laugh:

I’m planning on being in Epcot that day, but I could be persuaded to make a little jaunt to MK(especially since i’m right next door at the Contemporary)!:happy:

You can buy a 40th anniversary dooney bag… ;( they did not have those when I was there in Feb- and I would have loved that clutch instead of the one I picked up. I did however get a nice rhinestone mickey pin that says 40th

Considering they almost ignored Epcot’s 25th birthday…