4th of July at WDW?

I am trying to think of something fun to do for the 4th of July and of course I thought of going to Disney World.

Am I crazy? Have you been, what can you tell me about it?

Our plan is to get a campsite at FW and stay Thursday or Friday-Sunday. Only do the waterparks, but mostly just relax at the campground. We have the After 2pm waterpark pass. Our seasonal passes will be blocked out so we will not be going to any of the 4 big parks.

My guess is that the waterparks will not be too busy, especially from 2pm until closing on the 4th, as most people will be at either MK or Epcot in order to see the fireworks. I would be perfectly content watching the fireworks from the Poly or even FW if we can see them from the beach.

Let me know your thoughts!! Thanks for the help!!

They have been doing a fireworks show at HS only on the 4th of July the past years.
I don’t know if they will do it again this year.

Don’t do it!! :laugh::laugh::laugh:

As one FL resident to another . . . if you’re used to low crowds, cool weather at WDW! 4th of July is sooooooooooooo HOT and soooooooooo crowded!

We went 4 years ago and MK was closed and full at noon! We had to wait for 6 people to leave before they would let us in.

OF course the Fireworks were the best! :heart:

PS. your plan does sound good!

[QUOTE=mickeysgirlz;956999]Don’t do it!! :laugh::laugh::laugh:

As one FL resident to another . . . if you’re used to low crowds, cool weather at WDW! 4th of July is sooooooooooooo HOT and soooooooooo crowded!

We went 4 years ago and MK was closed and full at noon! We had to wait for 6 people to leave before they would let us in.

OF course the Fireworks were the best! :heart:

PS. your plan does sound good![/QUOTE]

I figured my plans would sort of avoid the crowds since we wouldn’t be going to MK, E, AK or DHS. Who knows!! I still have to talk DH into it. He is thinking more like Naples/Marco Island.

Just found this:

from WDW Magic

Quote:
The official WDW calendar indicates no July 4 show other than a single showing of Fantasmic! However, we now have some new information that indicates the Studios will infact be having a special edition July 4 firework show as has happened in previous years.

Found this as well…

Independence Day at Disney World
2009 4th of July Fireworks

MAGIC KINGDOM

"DISNEY’S CELEBRATE AMERICA

• A FOURTH OF JULY CONCERT IN THE SKY"

Traditionally, the 4th of July fireworks at the Magic Kingdom include an enhanced presentation featuring patriotic music themed to spectacular pyrotechnics that ring through the park. This year’s schedule:

7/4/09 - 9:00PM: Holiday Fireworks

DISNEY’S HOLLYWOOD STUDIOS

Nothing had been released for 2009 for this park.

EPCOT

7/4/09 - 10:00PM: Illuminations with special Fourth of July finale

Downtown Disney

Nothing had been released for 2009.

***Please note these days are some of the busiest of the year. If you are visiting a theme park during this holiday, you should arrive early and expect to stay for the remainder of the day.

Historically, the parks do reach capacity and guests will no longer be able to enter once this occurs. Having a dining reservation will not get you into the park once it is closed.

If you are staying at a Disney Resort, you are guaranteed entry to a theme park, but not necessarily the one of your choosing. Again, get to the park early and plan on making a full day of it.