4th of July fireworks

Not that DH and I would ever want to be at WDW on Independence Day, because I can only imagine how crowded it would be, but we were wondering if there are special 4th of July fireworks shows on that day. The fireworks at Disney are one of my favorite things, and I :heart: seeing beautiful fireworks to celebrate our country’s independence, and DH just asked me about that. I told him I didn’t know, but I knew who would! What can you tell me?

Okay, so I just saw that I am asking a question that’s kind of a duplicate of another thread. Sorry!:blush:Mods, feel free to delete this, as I’m finding my answers in the other thread.

Been there done that - never going back on the 4th of July! :laugh::laugh:

The works were/are AWESOME! But the heat, crowds and the lining up hours ahead of time . . . yikes!! I was there in 2004 and by 12 noon MK was “closed” and they would only let in the number of people that just left. (6 out, 6 in, etc)

It was sooooo crowded and soooooo busy!!

NOW, if I could get Firework Dessert Party Tickets, I’d do it! :happy: But I’m sure that was the first day to sell out!!! :laugh:

Watching the 4th fireworks from the top of Contemporary is one of the greatest experiences I’ve ever had in my 5 years here with Disney.

Sweet! How do you get up there? Do you have to be stauying at the Contemporary?

You need to dine at California Grill on the evening you wish to view fireworks from up there.
Or you need to have a friend who’s a CM at CG or the Contemporary.
Or you need to be a club level guest at the Contemporary so you can watch from the club lounge balconies.
Or you need to have an MK view room in the Contemporary above the 6th floor so you can watch from your own balcony.

I would like to see the 4th of July and New Year’s shows from the Contemporary’s roof because it would allow me to view the entire panorama of the twin fireworks displays.

[QUOTE=Soundgod;972872]

I would like to see the 4th of July and New Year’s shows from the Contemporary’s roof because it would allow me to view the entire panorama of the twin fireworks displays.[/QUOTE]

how awesome would that be sigh…maybe one day…

We’ve been at WDW on 4th of July a few times. I do not recommend trying to watch the fireworks from MK. MK is typically filled to capacity around five. You can also watch MK’s fourth of July fireworks display several times throughout the week, so we never feel like we’re missing out on anything.

I prefer Epcot because it’s huge. Still, you have to line up around six for the nine o’clock fireworks (actually, I seem to recall that the fireworks started at 10, last year). First, they go through with IllumiNations, and then they have a special July 4th fireworks display centered around the American pavillion.

DHS also has two fireworks displays - Fantasmic, then the July 4th celebration. Howevler, with all of the Fantasmic cutbacks, I’m wondering if they’ll settle on just a July 4th fireworks show, this year.

I don’t like crowds, and I think the key to dealing with them is avoiding them. After we were packed into the back of World Showcase, we stayed back for a while until the majority of the guests had made their way around the lagoon and towards the exit (it’s absolute chaos if you get in the middle of that). (However, we were only able to do this because dear father was not present - he would’ve shoved us up within the crowd :laugh:). We didn’t have much trouble boarding the resort monorail, but the parking trams loading below were packed, and people were running and jumping onto them after they had filled! :laugh: :pinch:

we did th3 4th in 2007. We escaped MK about 3:00pm and headed to Epcot. Epcot has an extended version of their Illuminations show on the 4th.