5 day park hoppers - maximum

We are going to Disneyland during spring break next year, and I was shocked to find out that you can’t buy anything longer than a 5 day pass.

The five day park hopper is $290/adult ($270/child).

We are going to be there 10 days. I explained this the the DL CM (thinking there has to be some sort of mistake), but she explained that they no longer offer 6, 7 or 8 day passes (and no longer are able to add days to the 5 day hopper). She suggested I get the annual pass ($469) - but that won’t work for us - because 3 of the days during our trip are blacked out.

So our only option now is buying 2 5-day passes, or buy the premium annual pass. ($580 for 2 5-day passes, or $649 for the premium).

Wow - that is such a big difference from WDW, don’t you think. And WDW has so much more to offer (IMHO). A 10 day park-hopper at WDW is ~$375.

We weren’t planning on spending all day every day in the parks during the 10 days, we just liked having the option of spending only a couple hours each day to avoid the crowds, and to take it easy. This was the reason we booked the GC.

We could have decided to just shell out the additional $ and buy the extra 5 day pass, but I can’t rationalize spending that much money when we weren’t planning on using them all day/every day.
So now - instead of staying all 10 nights at the Grand Californian, we’ve decided to only stay 4 nights, and just get the most out of the 5 days. We are going to stay at the Loews Hollywood Hotel for the other 6 nights, and spend more time touring SOCO.

In the long run, I’m saving over $2000 this way in hotel costs alone - so I guess I should thank Disneyland!! And I’m sure DL isn’t going to miss my money, but I just think it’s weird that they steer people away.

I don’t personally understand why they don’t have a longer pass either. It’s kinda ridiculous.

SoCo offers what they call a Citypass. It has 3 day DL, 1 day Universal & 1 day Seaworld for around $270 I believe. If you plan on touring SoCo then you maybe interested in visiting the other parks there as well? Hope this helps. Have a good time :slight_smile:

[QUOTE=Goodegirl2007;1122331]We are going to Disneyland during spring break next year, and I was shocked to find out that you can’t buy anything longer than a 5 day pass.

The five day park hopper is $290/adult ($270/child).

We are going to be there 10 days. I explained this the the DL CM (thinking there has to be some sort of mistake), but she explained that they no longer offer 6, 7 or 8 day passes (and no longer are able to add days to the 5 day hopper). She suggested I get the annual pass ($469) - but that won’t work for us - because 3 of the days during our trip are blacked out.

So our only option now is buying 2 5-day passes, or buy the premium annual pass. ($580 for 2 5-day passes, or $649 for the premium)…[/QUOTE]

Wow. I was going to suggest the premium, only to find out they’re that high? I need to start charging my clients more. :pirate:

Yes, do that…you have to get your DL fix some how.:laugh: