5 people

Can you tell me…is POR the only resort where you can fit 5 people into a room together? I am aware of the whole trundle bed issue but just wanted to know if any of the other resorts ( value, mod or deluxe) are able to fit 5 in ( 4 ad and 1 ch). Or is it a case that if we wanted a different resort for this group size, we would need two rooms and request them together?

thanks

All star music suites, FW cabins or most of the deluxes places…DVC places are an option too.

When we went in Sept we stayed a POR there was me DH DS18 DS11 and DD 8

We were just having this discussion yesterday. DH reminded us that when the kids were little and we stayed at POR often, it was fine, because DH (6’2") had a bed of his own, I shared a bed with one kid while the other kid slept on the trundle (by the way, sleeping on the trundle was a cool thing for my kids!)
But – now that the kids are bigger (6’1" and 5’7"), POR would be a very tight squeeze. The beds are pretty narrow and would no longer work for us, even with one person on the trundle, because a tall person needs to sleep on an angle on those beds.
I know that info probably doesn’t help you any, but thought I’d share it.

The issue for our family was always the 5 people and one bathroom dilemma. It was a major inconvenience. If possible, I would get 2 rooms/2 bathrooms with 4 adults.

2 adults/3 kids is easier to manage in one room than 4 adults/1 kid.

I stayed at POR with 3 adults and 2 kids and the bathroom issue was insane!!!
I would look into a DVC resort or perhaps All Star family suite

[QUOTE=MissDisney;885024]We were just having this discussion yesterday. DH reminded us that when the kids were little and we stayed at POR often, it was fine, because DH (6’2") had a bed of his own, I shared a bed with one kid while the other kid slept on the trundle (by the way, sleeping on the trundle was a cool thing for my kids!)
But – now that the kids are bigger (6’1" and 5’7"), POR would be a very tight squeeze. The beds are pretty narrow and would no longer work for us, even with one person on the trundle, because a tall person needs to sleep on an angle on those beds.
I know that info probably doesn’t help you any, but thought I’d share it.[/QUOTE]

Right, besides, that trundle works up to about 5’1, because yours truly had to use it one night. Don’t ask :glare:

When we booked this trip we are getting ready to go on, we found that we could get two rooms at Pop Century for only about $200 total more than the same amount of time (9 nights) than one room at POR. We have done POR twice before with no problems (not even the bathroom issues that everyone else seems to have), but for that small amount of money, when you are looking at a week and a half-that made the decision for us.

The deluxe resort rooms have either 2 queen beds and a daybed or a king bed and a daybed. It is a bit of a tight squeeze but it can be done - ask for a corner room. Disney resorts are not usually box-like so some corner rooms are quite big - the ones with good views are usually suites but the ones with parking lot etc views are left as regular rooms.

For example, at the Beach Club there are some rooms that we called Pebble Beach because they overlooked the roof which had a layer of rocks. No one wanted to stay in those rooms - but the corner ones in that area are huge!

You could always do 2 bed suite at OKW. You could rent the points.

Back in 95’ we stayed 3 adults, 1 tween & 1 child at the Beach Club & it was fine; we just arranged a shower schedule (3 at night, 2 in the am). It was harder on hubby who had to keep leaving when we were all putting our bathing suits on.

Ah…Good times!

The Poly has 2 queen sized beds and a day bed. But like the other person said, five people and only one bathroom can be a problem if they are adults and teens. Little kids you’d be fine.

:laugh: :laugh:

I know the Polynesian and the Grand Floridian have daybeds, which are actually rather large. I believe there are other deluxe resorts with these, however, I’ve noticed that neither expedia or disney’s website will let you book 5 people in a room. I guess the best way to do that is to call.

My family of 5 has done POR several times when the kiddos were smaller. Now my 9 year old is already 5 feet tall! Next trip we are doing 2 rooms at Pop. Cheaper than the all star suite and everyone gets a big bed. I can just see my girls arguing at the suite over who has to sleep on the chair/ottoman combo. That doesn’t seem too comfortable.

Ariel –
I hate to even ask this, because we all know staying onsite is way better. But have you ever thought about getting a villa offsite? Check out my signature. We have gotten 2-bedroom villas a lot. They sleep an army of people, have two full bathrooms and cost as low as $160 a night.

Our favorites are Vistana Resort, Marriott’s Royal Palms and Marriott’s Sabal Palms. They are seriously close to the parks (10 minutes from Boardwalk, tops) and they have a full kitchen, living room, and dining room as well as in-room laundry.

There are guest shuttles to TTC, where you can start using all Disney transportation, or you can use your own car. You only have to pay for parking once a day at the parks. At the Marriott properties, you have full privileges at the World Center (it’s the tall hotel right outside the WDW gates), which has an unbelivable pool. The Vistana Resort has a gazillion pools of its own.

[QUOTE=MissDisney;885392]Ariel –
I hate to even ask this, because we all know staying onsite is way better. But have you ever thought about getting a villa offsite? Check out my signature. We have gotten 2-bedroom villas a lot. They sleep an army of people, have two full bathrooms and cost as low as $160 a night.

Our favorites are Vistana Resort, Marriott’s Royal Palms and Marriott’s Sabal Palms. They are seriously close to the parks (10 minutes from Boardwalk, tops) and they have a full kitchen, living room, and dining room as well as in-room laundry.

There are guest shuttles to TTC, where you can start using all Disney transportation, or you can use your own car. You only have to pay for parking once a day at the parks. At the Marriott properties, you have full privileges at the World Center (it’s the tall hotel right outside the WDW gates), which has an unbelivable pool. The Vistana Resort has a gazillion pools of its own.[/QUOTE]

I can highly recommend the offsite villas. That’s really the way to go when you have a group. Everyone gets their own room and bath, lots of space to spread out after a day of “togetherness” with 50, 000 other people. :laugh:

We had 5 (6’ son, 6’1 240lb son, 5’7" daughter, Mom and Dad) in a room at GF and room to spare. After all how much time do you spend in room anyway?

We are a family of 5 also and have stayed in the cabins at FW. Very roomy, all the comforts of home…plus housekeeping. :wub: There is one main bedroom with a queen size for mom and dad and a set of bunks. The living room has a murphy bed that my daughter just loved! (Secret, hidden bed in the wall - very cool!) If we were to stay in the cabins again, I would probably house the three kids in the bedroom and keep the living room spot for us.

Nothing finer than being able to stretch out, make some coffee in your own “home” and sippin’ it in your PJs while the kids are waking up. Good deal, clean, and will save you oodles in the long run on food, drinks, and snacks.

[QUOTE=ARIEL;885011]Can you tell me…is POR the only resort where you can fit 5 people into a room together? I am aware of the whole trundle bed issue but just wanted to know if any of the other resorts ( value, mod or deluxe) are able to fit 5 in ( 4 ad and 1 ch). Or is it a case that if we wanted a different resort for this group size, we would need two rooms and request them together?

thanks[/QUOTE]

Sorry, Ariel, I read the thread incorrectly…4 adults, 1 child? A cabin in FW is still a great choice, I think. Bedroom for two adults and child and (roomy, I think queen size) murphy bed for other adults.

For adults?? Lots of space to get comfy. Dining table to sit around and chat/eat/drink. Fridge for park drinks to chill and morning OJ, etc. Lots of cupboard space. Did I mention housekeeping??? (They even do the dishes and make those fancy animals out of the towels while you’re away!:heart:)

FW, still my suggestion…