5X Disney Visa reward points

I got a postcard with a pin today for 5X points on dining, groceries, airline and gas for April, May and June. Perfect timing for our June trip, except I already bought the airline tickets.

I had received one good for Jan, Feb and March. Figured we would not use it, but it worked well for us because we decided on a last minute trip to Vegas and used it for our airline tickets!!:laugh:

I hope there is one in my mailbox when I get home! That would be great.

None in my mailbox. I’m going to wait a couple of days before booking my airfare. Maybe I’ll get the offer by then.

About two weeks ago I got a card if I spent 100 in groceries within a month’s time, I’d get a $10 credit. Which is something, but getting 5x over 3 months would be a whole lot more. I thought the $10 thing was because we joined just a few months ago. I didn’t know they did a 5X points thing.

Got my post card Sat but we have to spend 500.

Same here. Unfortunately, having to feed three teenagers and helping buy their gas, we hit the 500 pretty quickly.:glare:

I got another one for the April-june- we just have to spend $250.

I wonder why the difference? What do they base their criteria on? I feel jipped.:glare:

Don’t know for sure, but guessing it has something to do how much your credit line is.

This may sound silly…I just got my Disney Visa. WHat can you use the rewards towards? How do you get these offers? Just randomly thru the mail?
I plan on charging the whole trip and paying it off just to get lots of points …is this a good idea? Any input would be appreciated. Travelling to DW 9/27-10/3

[QUOTE=nicole5467;952417]This may sound silly…I just got my Disney Visa. WHat can you use the rewards towards? How do you get these offers? Just randomly thru the mail?
I plan on charging the whole trip and paying it off just to get lots of points …is this a good idea? Any input would be appreciated. Travelling to DW 9/27-10/3[/QUOTE]

I would definitely charge as much as you can on your card IF YOU CAN PAY IT OFF. That way, you get the points to use on your trip, if you’ve paid most of it in advance.

You can use the rewards towards most anything at WDW, on Disney Shopping | The Official Disney Store Online, or at Disney Stores nationwide. You should have received some sort of brochure with your card when you first got it. We love having ours to use for souvenirs when we go. Helps out the budget…

We have never been sent one of the special offers. I wonder if it is because we use our card all the time.

I use my card all the time.Pay bills,shop,gas,groceries. and more.We put about 2000$ a month give or take.Just pay it in full each month,this card has a high APR.

We use our card all of the time, too, for EVERYTHING and I received the 5X reward points for Jan-Mar. The bonus rewards really added up! We have several hundred dollars to use for our Aug. trip!

I received a 5X promotion last year and the dollars added up quickly. In three months, I racked up more than $100 in DRD’s. They were promptly spent at several locations at the World, including gift shops and restaurants.
I have also wondered whether the promotions are sent to those who don’t use the card often. Since the promotion last year, the Disney card has become my primary one. I have no revolving debt (finally paid it all off several months ago) and wonder what exactly determines who gets sent the promotions.
Either way, I love the card and its benefits–especially the free character photo at Epcot. But I’d sure love the 5X promotion once again.

I got a card for 5x points for July, August, and Sept. I think you get the offer if you haven’t used it for awhile. When I first got the card I was using it often to get the points. Then, they jacked up my interest rate and I stopped using it for a few months. Poof, a 5x offer appeared. This is literally my first one since having the card (I’ve had it for many years). So I think frequency of use may play into it.

hope you enjoy your trip my little children can not go outside so he stay at home

is it me???:crying:

No, not just you. I am too:confused::wacko::laugh: