6 1/2 months pregnant at WDW?

This will be my first pregnant WDW experience… and I’m a bit nervous to say the least. I have soooo many questions:confused:

I know the obvious rides to avoid, roller coasters (not a problem don’t like them!), the rapids at AK.
But what about rides like the Safari at AK–the bouncing around:noo:?
There’s rides we’ve never done that we wanted to this trip like the Back Lot Tour, I have no idea what to expect?
Will a CM tell me if it’s an inappropriate ride??

Any first hand info/advice would be gladly appreciated, thank you:smile:.

I would not ride the safari, or any ride that bounces around at that point of pregnancy. There will be warning signs posted on every ride if there’s a medical/pregnancy condition.
The 1st time I went to Cedar Point I was pregnant and in a park like that there is virtually NOTHING to do while pregnant. But fortunately Disney has soooo much to offer for those that are. I’m thinking the Backlot Tour would be ok. It shifts more than bounces. I think the most dangerous thing I did were the sled/tube rides at BB while 6 weeks out. No way i’d do any of those, incl the bouncy’s at 6 months for fear of detachment.

I did the Safari when I was 34 weeks. The sign does not recommend it. Yes, it was bouncy, but I felt okay during and after- I did not like Winnie The Pooh when the car starts bouncing like Tigger. That one made me a little uncomfortable.

Just remember to drink a lot of water- your ankles will be nice and swollen by the end of the day!!

Luckily as said before, there is plenty of things you can do while pregnant at WDW. You’ll just have to book another trip post baby to get in all that you missed!!

:slight_smile:

I rode the safari at 5 months pregnant while in July, in the extreme heat. They just told me to ask to sit up front, and it would not be so bumpy. I avoided, Dinosaur too, and any roller coasters, too… Drink lots of water, and rest on a bench when you can. You will be dog tired at the end of the day…

Back lot tour should be totally fine, there is nothing bouncy about this-there is one part where there is a small motion on the car, but nothing at all close to the safari…

At the Safaris, CMs are not supposed to stop expectant mothers and tell them it’s advised that they not ride; I assume this is the same for other rides with warning signs. However, if you go up to the CMs at the front of the attractions and ask them, they’ll be happy to give you any info you need! :slight_smile:

Thank you ladies for the info! I think I’ll pass on the Safari…big bummer one of my favorites.

[QUOTE=johnkimv;1061319]I did the Safari when I was 34 weeks. The sign does not recommend it. Yes, it was bouncy, but I felt okay during and after- I did not like Winnie The Pooh when the car starts bouncing like Tigger. That one made me a little uncomfortable.

Just remember to drink a lot of water- your ankles will be nice and swollen by the end of the day!!

Luckily as said before, there is plenty of things you can do while pregnant at WDW. You’ll just have to book another trip post baby to get in all that you missed!!

:)[/QUOTE]

I would be very, very careful :closedeye

I went in late July '08 and I was 8 months pregnant. There isn’t a whole lot of anything for you to do ride wise. I rode the Safari 1.) My dh said it wasn’t that bad 2.) I wasn’t stopped at the entry, I assumed it was ok and I couldn’t find the map. Welllllll…it WAS bumpy, I was in the last row. I swore ds#2 was going to drop out right there a few times. When the ride was over a CM did a :ohmy: look at me, It was only then I saw the “No expectant mothers” sign as I was leaving. Dh handed me the back pack as we walked up to get on, which I carried in front of me as usual that trip due to the heat and my back hurting. So that’s how I ended up on, extremely pregnant. :glare:

I think I got to ride about 6 things total and saw a few sit down attractions. I was just too big to have any lap belts of any kind on me. I walked literally from 7am-12am all week. I had to push a 2 yr old in her stroller too. There were many trips to any stores in the ride vicinity that I had to walk her through for amusement.

I did it, I’d do it again. Though I recommend having dh help you out of the pools. I felt great IN the pool after a long day, but getting out was a killer. I fell many times until dh shoved me out. :laugh:

This is a good article from allears.net: Tips for Expectant “Moms-to-Be”

It also says this:
Rides that Disney suggests expecting mothers should skip: (Please check your guidemap for the complete list of ride restrictions) - Magic Kingdom: Big Thunder Mountain Railroad, Splash Mountain, Goofy’s Barnstormer, Space Mountain, Tomorrowland Indy Speedway; Epcot: Body Wars, Test Track; Disney-MGM Studios: Tower of Terror, Rock ‘n’ Roller Coaster, Star Tours; Animal Kingdom: Dinosaur, Kali River Rapids, Kilimanjaro Safaris, Expedition Everest

i want to go so bad, but my rule is if i can’t ride tower of terror i can’t go lol! although i would have so much fun just taking pics of the girls with all the characters. have fun and get plenty of rest and water. you are brave lol!

I did Disney once at 7 1/2 mths pregnant at the end of July. I was sleepy as heck! I rode the safaris and was fine. I saw all the shows and did rides like HM etc. I had a great time.

Never was pregnant at WDW ,but I think you should consult your doctor and see what it good for you. You have no idea how your pregnancy is going to go, so wait till time gets closer to decide. That being said, read the signs and follow the suggestions. If WDW says not to ride, don’t. There’s so much to see and do that avoiding a few things shouldn’t change the trip for you. Actually, it may open you up to things you have never done and give you an brand new WDW experience.

I’m not too much of a ride person to begin with, I get motion sick & I’m afraid of heights:rolleyes:. But there are a few I really enjoy like the safari…I’ll miss that one. I do like just people watching, the shops and the shows, I’m sure I’ll be fine.
I’ve never took notice of the signs saying anything about expectant mothers, but now I will:happy: and I will most defiantly take their advice.
As for asking my doctor, I was going to. But I’m sure I’ll get some sort of blanket response,like “no roller coasters or jerking movement”
I’m looking at as this (experience) will be another ‘new first’ for me at Disney :happy:

It was really fun when I sat on a bench and people watched… I never really noticed other people around me while at WDW… I did that trip…

I am hooked on the shows and non thrill rides now because of the pregnancy there.

[QUOTE=mickeysgirlz;1061374]This is a good article from allears.net: Tips for Expectant “Moms-to-Be”

It also says this:
Rides that Disney suggests expecting mothers should skip: (Please check your guidemap for the complete list of ride restrictions) - Magic Kingdom: Big Thunder Mountain Railroad, Splash Mountain, Goofy’s Barnstormer, Space Mountain, Tomorrowland Indy Speedway; Epcot: Body Wars, Test Track; Disney-MGM Studios: Tower of Terror, Rock ‘n’ Roller Coaster, Star Tours; Animal Kingdom: Dinosaur, Kali River Rapids, Kilimanjaro Safaris, Expedition Everest[/QUOTE]

I saw this, I memorized quite a bit actually, But by day 4, w/ 4 kids in the heat and waddling around in pain. I forgot about this and thought nothing of it. In the end, he was a week late. :laugh: Though I learned a lesson, never listen to dh. :glare:

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

[QUOTE=tinker2222;1061499]I’m not too much of a ride person to begin with, I get motion sick & I’m afraid of heights:rolleyes:. But there are a few I really enjoy like the safari…I’ll miss that one. I do like just people watching, the shops and the shows, I’m sure I’ll be fine.
I’ve never took notice of the signs saying anything about expectant mothers, but now I will:happy: and I will most defiantly take their advice.
As for asking my doctor, I was going to. But I’m sure I’ll get some sort of blanket response,like “no roller coasters or jerking movement”
I’m looking at as this (experience) will be another ‘new first’ for me at Disney :happy:[/QUOTE]

My Ob did the blanket response, but I was also on kid #5 and he hoped to god I knew what to do by then. I got the “When in doubt, don’t” speech and the “If the sign says you shouldn’t, don’t” He’s a Disney freak too and said his wife usually sat out on the sidelines on those trips when beyond the 4th/5th month depending on the ride, some she didn’t ride at all at any stage of pregnancy.

I’ll admit, it was horrible and I hated being there quite a few times. I also have a slightly curved spine and bad varicose veins in 1 leg while pregnant. So I was in a lot of pain. I sucked it up and put on a smile and did it for the kids. I leaned heavily on the stroller within a few hrs in the heat and with all the walking. My family was great though and every chance they got shoved me into a show or a ride like Nemo so I could have a chance to have some sort of fun and cool off. In the end, I was glad I sucked it up and did it, I had fun regardless, and I spent WAAAAAY more money on frozen drinks and Coke than I do in a year at home. Btw…I could probably tell you what/where any and all clean bathrooms are in all the parks. :laugh::blink:

Now my motto is “If I can do Disney in late July while 8 months pregnant, I can do anything!”

[QUOTE=5Demons4Cookie;1061515]My Ob did the blanket response, but I was also on kid #5 and he hoped to god I knew what to do by then. I got the “When in doubt, don’t” speech and the “If the sign says you shouldn’t, don’t” He’s a Disney freak too and said his wife usually sat out on the sidelines on those trips when beyond the 4th/5th month depending on the ride, some she didn’t ride at all at any stage of pregnancy.

I’ll admit, it was horrible and I hated being there quite a few times. I also have a slightly curved spine and bad varicose veins in 1 leg while pregnant. So I was in a lot of pain. I sucked it up and put on a smile and did it for the kids. I leaned heavily on the stroller within a few hrs in the heat and with all the walking. My family was great though and every chance they got shoved me into a show or a ride like Nemo so I could have a chance to have some sort of fun and cool off. In the end, I was glad I sucked it up and did it, I had fun regardless, and I spent WAAAAAY more money on frozen drinks and Coke than I do in a year at home. Btw…I could probably tell you what/where any and all clean bathrooms are in all the parks. :laugh::blink:

Now my motto is “If I can do Disney in late July while 8 months pregnant, I can do anything!”[/QUOTE]

I’m in total and complete awwww!
We had a family reunion in mid June and I’ll NEVER go back in the summer again. Never mind pregnant!
We are going March 3d, last time it was mid 70’s, I’m hoping that will make more comfortable.

[QUOTE=tinker2222;1061519]I’m in total and complete awwww!
We had a family reunion in mid June and I’ll NEVER go back in the summer again. Never mind pregnant!
We are going March 3d, last time it was mid 70’s, I’m hoping that will make more comfortable.[/QUOTE]

It’s been relatively nicer here in Florida at this time of year than the past couple years. I’m way south though so I’m sure Orlando is even nicer. I’m sure March would be great for the trip. I wasn’t going to go, I was going to stay home w/ the 2 yr old and just hang out, but the in laws talked me into it and well…late July it was. I still had fun in the end. That’s what counts. :happy: