6 long years! So excited!

It has been 6 LONG years since we have been to WDW we are DVC members and I have rented it out to keep it. We lost jobs, our house and struggled to get back on our feet. Today I can say we are ready to visit and we will pay cash for everything!!! It has been a long tough road but we will be FINALLY going to see my favorite mouse!!!

I bought our plane tickets last night so we are definitely going. We are going Sept 26 to Oct 5. 10 days at the Wilderness Lodge Villas!!

I have a few questions…

1.While we are there it will be the 40th Anniversary. Does anyone know if there is anything planned for the celebration? I haven’t seen anything yet.

1. We have never had groceries delivered but we are thinking about it this time. What has been your experience with ordering groceries?

2. We are booked for the WLV for the first 5 nights and the last 3 nights but we are missing night 6 and we are on the waiting list so we don’t have to switch rooms. Has anyone had to switch rooms before and was it a waste of a day? Is it easy without a car? How long should I expect it to take?

3. What has been your experience with the waiting list? I still have over 5 months for it to come available but I am not much of a gambler. I just would feel better knowing it was a sure thing.

Thanks in advance for all your help!

congratulations… i cant answer your question just wanted to wish you the best and have a wonderful time… . we have been thru that and i know how hard it is to come back…

Thank you!
I have been planning this trip for 6 years so I know it will be the best vacation ever.
The kids are the perfect ages my daughter is 10 and my son will be 7.

I have a few questions…

1.While we are there it will be the 40th Anniversary. Does anyone know if there is anything planned for the celebration? I haven’t seen anything yet.
I have not read anything beyond a few speculative items.
2. We have never had groceries delivered but we are thinking about it this time. What has been your experience with ordering groceries?
Garden Grocer is great. They have everything. And if the order gets to the unit before you check in or have checked in and ran out to the parks the Front Desk will hold it and even put any cold itmes in refrigerator.
3. We are booked for the WLV for the first 5 nights and the last 3 nights but we are missing night 6 and we are on the waiting list so we don’t have to switch rooms. Has anyone had to switch rooms before and was it a waste of a day? Is it easy without a car? How long should I expect it to take?
If I was in your shoes I would reserve a room in the main lodge NOW for that night. You can always cancel it if the 6th night comes available. That way you are not traveling between resorts. That is the real time killer. And concierge in WL lobby can make the move happen. Just pack everything up, drop it at the front desk, and they will put it in the room if you are in a park.
4. What has been your experience with the waiting list? I still have over 5 months for it to come available but I am not much of a gambler. I just would feel better knowing it was a sure thing.We have had good luck if we were far enough out (2-3+ months). Short term (under 30 days) if rough.

I would go for it and keep the reservtion. If nothing else you will get a night in the WL, which was our favorite before the age of DVC for us. Again, a night in the Lodge will be easier than trecking to another resort for 1 night. WDW will move your bags for you, but why waste so much time.

Have you considered a split stay. Just book the last 4 night period in another DVC resort?

I dont have any answers for you, but I what to say how excited I am for you! You’ve been through so much, and you deserve the best trip ever! You’re kids are at great ages to a really fun trip. I hope you have a great time planning!

[QUOTE=Pam&Rich;1072709]
3. We are booked for the WLV for the first 5 nights and the last 3 nights but we are missing night 6 and we are on the waiting list so we don’t have to switch rooms. Has anyone had to switch rooms before and was it a waste of a day? Is it easy without a car? How long should I expect it to take?
If I was in your shoes I would reserve a room in the main lodge NOW for that night. You can always cancel it if the 6th night comes available. That way you are not traveling between resorts. That is the real time killer. And concierge in WL lobby can make the move happen. Just pack everything up, drop it at the front desk, and they will put it in the room if you are in a park.
4. What has been your experience with the waiting list? I still have over 5 months for it to come available but I am not much of a gambler. I just would feel better knowing it was a sure thing.We have had good luck if we were far enough out (2-3+ months). Short term (under 30 days) if rough.

I would go for it and keep the reservtion. If nothing else you will get a night in the WL, which was our favorite before the age of DVC for us. Again, a night in the Lodge will be easier than trecking to another resort for 1 night. WDW will move your bags for you, but why waste so much time.

Have you considered a split stay. Just book the last 4 night period in another DVC resort? [/QUOTE]

Thanks for the information. If I book at WL then my pts become Disney Collection pts and I wouldn’t be able to use them for WLV if my 1br come available. I was have thought about splitting resorts but I really want to be close to MK. If I book a split stay and go on the waiting list for the last 4 nights they tell me it is easier to get a 1 night on a waiting list then 4 nights. As it gets closer I may need a better plan. I really do not want to switch rooms at all!

[QUOTE=Pam&Rich;1072709]
2. We have never had groceries delivered but we are thinking about it this time. What has been your experience with ordering groceries?
Garden Grocer is great. They have everything. And if the order gets to the unit before you check in or have checked in and ran out to the parks the Front Desk will hold it and even put any cold itmes in refrigerator.
[/COLOR][/QUOTE]

Cool I think I will use them looks like they have a great selection and it looks like it will be very convenient for us.
Thanks

Maybe move to BLT for the second half of your stay. Just a five minute walk to MK.

God do I know how you are feeling- we did not lose everything but we came incredibly close! You definitely deserve this!! How exciting!

40th anniversary- nope… nothing other than merchandise. I went for my 40th birthday with my two best friends and there was nothing special about it there other than things that said 40th like pins and now the new dooney bag in honor of the 40th.

Well you are not traveling during a high point so Im sure you will be fine for your room. We were able to work out a week at AKL for Easter week last year and we only had 4 mos to plan it all.

I have not used grocery services- We just brought a big suitcase filled with whatever we could and then had my best friend take me shopping when we got there for fresh meats, veggies and water. I dont know how much you are planning on cooking. Groceries there were much more expensive than here so we tried to save as much as we could before we got there.

Just wanted to say really excited that you’re going back! There’ll be so many new and exciting things for you to see and do, you’ll have a terrific time- enjoy your planning.

[QUOTE=Tinkerbella;1072699]It has been 6 LONG years since we have been to WDW we are DVC members and I have rented it out to keep it. We lost jobs, our house and struggled to get back on our feet. Today I can say we are ready to visit and we will pay cash for everything!!! It has been a long tough road but we will be FINALLY going to see my favorite mouse!!!

I bought our plane tickets last night so we are definitely going. We are going Sept 26 to Oct 5. 10 days at the Wilderness Lodge Villas!!

I have a few questions…

1. We have never had groceries delivered but we are thinking about it this time. What has been your experience with ordering groceries?

2. We are booked for the WLV for the first 5 nights and the last 3 nights but we are missing night 6 and we are on the waiting list so we don’t have to switch rooms. Has anyone had to switch rooms before and was it a waste of a day? Is it easy without a car? How long should I expect it to take?

3. What has been your experience with the waiting list? I still have over 5 months for it to come available but I am not much of a gambler. I just would feel better knowing it was a sure thing.

Thanks in advance for all your help![/QUOTE]

Congrats! After being through what you have been through I bet you will appreciate WDW even more now. As far as what they have planned for the 40th I have looked at alot of sites and there has been alot of speculation, rumors, etc. but I don’t think anything official has been announced yet. I moved part way through a stay before and the move was pretty easy. We checked out of ASM, went to the MK, went to POR later in the afternoon and checked in there.

Wow, sounds like you have been put through the ringer! Congratulations on surviving!

Congratulations! You have come through so much!

Though we have never tried it, I have heard nothing but good things about Garden Grocer.

As for that pesky one night - I know the feeling. That situation has happened to us and I always worry myself sick about it. In the end it’s always worked out and we’ve been able to add the elusive night. If you want to split resorts, how about VWL for MK and then either Boardwalk or The Beach Club for the second part and walk to Epcot? Both are gorgeous resorts. It’s kind of fun to try out resorts you haven’t been to before.

Whatever you decide - I’m so happy for you!

Thanks so much! I know this is the one place that people understand my obsession with WDW.
I cry every time I see the let the memories begin commercials.
My favorites are…
" You will always remember the moment when they stopped being siblings and became friends."
“Has a moment ever hugged you and never let go”
“Hold on to the Love, Hold on to the laughter the memories you make NOW you will hold on to forever. So don’t wait! Let the memories begin.”

The song from the commercial is my ringtone and I smile every time I hear it.

Congrats I am so happy for you! Enjoy your trip!

Congratulations on getting through the tough times and what a way to celebrate! You’ll have a amazing vacation and every second will be worth the hardships you’ve faced! I’d have exploded with excitement by now if I were you! The days can’t fly by quick enough!

I just called to check availability for Oct 1 and found they have the Treehouse Villas available for my last 4 nights. So we will be at WLV for the first 5 nights and the THV for the last 4 nights. We have family in Florida that will be visiting and now they can stay with us comfortably. It sleeps 9 and we will be 7. My kids will be so excited to stay in the treehouse they have bunk beds too!

Anyone ever stay at the Treehouse Villsa? What did you think?
I feel like we will be far away from things but I really like the BBQ pit and extra rooms.
I am getting excited about the split stay to be able to see multiple resorts.

first and most important: CONGRATS!!! I know how hard it’s been for you and I am so glad that the clouds are clearing and sunshine is showing.:heart::heart:

I am not sure. I know for the 35th they had random merchandise, but nothing major.

I have used garden grocer and have been VERY pleased both times. Definately worth it.

I can’t wait to see your plans unfold. Congrats again on your upcoming trip. I am so happy that things are better for you and your family.:heart:

Thanks Dana You have always been so kind and helpful to me. I really am in a better place and can’t believe we are getting our chance to go back.

Well you are easy to be kind to…you are always so positive and nice to all on here. I can’t tell you how thrilled I am for you. October will be here in a flash. In the mean time, I go in August and will make sure I warm the parks up real good for you. After waiting six long years, you guys are going to be WDW park animals. I’ll warn the Cast members…lol