60th Birthday Ideas

We have just finalized our trip in which will be visiting Disney this June in which my father will be celebrating his 60th birthday. I have no idea in how we should or could celebrate at the parks… Any ideas or suggestions would be wonderful… One unfortunate thing is that we will not be staying onsite :frown: but we will be at the parks!!! :mickey:

Definitely figure out what his favorite restaurant would be and have birthday dinner there – anything from ice cream at MK’s Plaza, to Chef Mickey’s with the characters, to Victoria & Albert’s at the Grand Floridian! Just because you aren’t staying at the resorts does not mean that you still can’t go there to eat! :flowers:

And be sure to get him a Birthday button from Guest Services at each park you visit that day. The CM’s will all wish him a Happy Birthday and make him feel special. Wherever you eat they’ll bring him a piece of cake and sing too!

Get the birthday buttons from Guest Relations and have him wear them – this will get “happy birthday!” from all CMs, as well as a few extras at restaurants, on rides, etc… . Fun restaurants to celebrate a birthday at are 50’s Prime Time Cafe, Whispering Canyon Cafe, Sci Fi Dine-in (my mom got a free sundae and a happy birthday from the entire restaurant!), and 'Ohana. Also, it may be a bit late for this, but we booked an Illuminations Cruise for my mom’s 62nd. She was completely surprised and overwhelmed! These can be booked as birthday cruises as well. Also, you could call Gifts of a Lifetime and have them coordinate a special birthday surprise for you (www.giftsofalifetime.com).

Be sure to stop by Guest Relations at any park and tell the CM about the birthday – they’ll dial up Goofy for a special birthday greeting! :slight_smile: