A bit irritated

I have been trying to change an ADR for our September trip (I am a bit worried because dining reservations are realy har dto come by due to teh free dining) and member services systems have has been down for over an hour and a half. I just called back and they have now closed their offices for the day. Now, I realize that a systems problem is definately something that cannot be helped, but there is another whole hour left before they are supposed to close for the day and now that won’t happen at all!

I just wish there was another way we could talk to some other department (like the regular dining reservation line) and get an ADR booked. Being a DVC member is supposed to make us a bit more “Special”, but I feel like I get excluded from getting things done because they have regular working hours. Everyone else can make reservations throughout the day and all throughout the night!

Sorry, I just needed to vent!

I have been trying to change an ADR for our September trip (I am a bit worried because dining reservations are realy har dto come by due to teh free dining) and member services systems have has been down for over an hour and a half. I just called back and they have now closed their offices for the day. Now, I realize that a systems problem is definately something that cannot be helped, but there is another whole hour left before they are supposed to close for the day and now that won’t happen at all!

I just wish there was another way we could talk to some other department (like the regular dining reservation line) and get an ADR booked. Being a DVC member is supposed to make us a bit more “Special”, but I feel like I get excluded from getting things done because they have regular working hours. Everyone else can make reservations throughout the day and all throughout the night!

Sorry, I just needed to vent!

I had no idea DVC members had to make their ADR’s through a special number. Have you tried calling the regular dining number to see if someone can help you out? Maybe even a supervisor can help you.

You know what, the entire disney site is not working. I just tried calling the main number to re-check availability for my disney visa discount and also checked the website, and they’re all down.

The whole site/system is down. I called to make my final payment for our trip and the CM said to try around 8PM EST.
So even if you could speak with the dinning line or a supervisor I doubt there is much they can do.

Why can’t you make a normal ADR like everyone else?? I never heard that DVC memebers were not allowed to make ADR on the WDWdine line. Just call them and change your ADR…doesn’t make sense that WDWDINE wouldn’t have record of all your ADRS. Are you sure that you are not mistaken??

I am not sure at all. But one time I called and tried to do it and they told me I had to call Member services, so I just figured I had to do this from now on. I will try right now!

I just realized this thread posted in duplicate probably when I was having a hard time deciding what to name it!

Anyways, in the other thread, Dana suggested that I call the regular site, I guess I thought that I had to go through Member Services since I tried to do this one time before and I was told that since I was a DVC member I had to book through Member Services. I guess I just got some misinformation, I am actually glad I posted this thread, I learned something that I did not know! Thanks for the advice, I guess I will try to change the ADR through the regular system, unless they are still down!

you can call the regular dining number, i am a dvc member, and i sue it all the time.

I just got of of the phone with them. I was able to make/change the ADR’s! Another reason I am so glad I use this site for all of my correct information!!! By the way, although she was able to make/change my ADR’s she did mention that they are having trouble with other portions of their system. I hope it will be back up and running tomorrow! Thanks again!

Glad you got your ADR’s. We’re DVC members and have NEVER gone through Member Services to make our meal ressies. Glad you got good advice earlier and was able to get what you wanted.

I tried to make an ADR today and they told me the system was down and to call back in about an hour.

So I waited two hours and called back. They told me the system was down and to call back in about and hour…

I would just call and try to make an ADR. If you weren’t even staying on property you could do this. When they ask where you are staying during the conversation tell them, but don’t mention the DVC thing. I am staying at OKW is october and am not a DVC memeber…they didn’t even ask if I was or care if I was. They just booked my ADR without questions. I think you got a weird cm that day. I have never, ever heard that DVC memebers are not allowed to book ADR through WDW DINE. I would think you would have MORE options to book them instead of only limited ways. Doesn’t make sense I tell you. Good luck and please let me know how you make out.

Nokey, I feel you. My final payment for my trip was actually due yesterday, and I called when I got home from work, (a few minutes before 10PM last night) and the recording said they closed for the day and that they are open until 10pm (I guess they leave a little early if they can? or maybe due to that system problem?) Anyway, I went to the WDW website to see if I could pull up my reservation under the “my vacation” page, and they were “experiencing technical difficulties”. So, I am on the phone, on hold, for a half hour now, and I was also trying the website, but it said there was a system error. I certainly hope I don’t get a live person (finally), only to be told that the system is down. Geez, I feel like I’m calling about CRT or something, and I just want them to take my money…:wacko: :glare:

It is frustrating, isn’t it? They make it sound like its a great perk to call through Member Services (and it often is), but you’re stuck in “off hours”.

Try making the ADR through the regular channels. I’ve done it - I’ve also been told I couldn’t do it - but I think like all things Disney, it depends on who you’re talking to.:glare:

If off site guests can make ARSs at 180 days through CRO why can’t DVC members? That doesn’t seem right.

Thanks llama, you are understanding the feeling! (Not that everyone else isn’t)! I actually posted this thread in duplicate , but after taking everyones advice, I called the regular WDW line last night and took care of my issue. We are new DVC members so when I was told the first time that I could only make all of my plans through member services, I thought that was the only way! Oh well, now I know different! But like everyone else, I wish that we could completely trust in the information we are given from all Cm’s! I hate having to micro-manage my travel plans, but a girls got to do what a girls got to do!

Thanks for the help everyone!

I am a DVC member and I usually call thru Disney Dining instead of member services. I never heard that you can’t. I even purchase the dining plan after the reservations, and do not have a problem.:flowers:

I am a DVC member and I usually call thru Disney Dining instead of member services. I never heard that you can’t. I even purchase the dining plan after the reservations, and do not have a problem.:flowers:

Welcome to Mousebuzz Nastory4!:biggrin: