A dumb but important question? Im a first timer

I heard that they have mugs that you can buy at the resorts. Are they worth buying if I am going for a week, and how much are they. I also heard that they change so does anyone have a picture of what the most recent ones look like?:mickey:

Welcome to Mousebuzz!! :smile:

The mugs are now $13.49. They are worth it if you drink more than one beverage each day including coffee and Coke products. Here’s a link for more info.

Refillable Mugs at Disney Resorts

You can get as much out of the refillable mug as you want to. If you fill it with coffee in the morning then soft drinks in the afternoon and evening, then you’ll be getting a good deal with a week’s stay.

The mugs are one of our favorite things at the parks. We figure that beverages cost $2.50 each, so the mug more than pays for itself in our case. We get coffee in the morning, fill it with water for our trip to the park, get either lemonade or hot chocolate as we are returning to the room depending on the weather. Then at home we use our mugs all the time to remind us of being in Disney!

These work well if you are at the hotel during eating hours, but if you are at the parks all day, you may not use it as much as you think… We have never bought one because of the dining plan, and because we are not at the hotel during meal time… Just a thought.

And you can bring them back year after year!

:laugh::laugh::laugh:   ... Here we go ...

What do you expect from a Big 12 runaway. Couldn’t beat real teams so they ran for the Big 10… or is it 11… or do they have 12 now? I don’t know if they know themselves. :huh::huh:

Tigg just trying to stir up trouble again. Gotta love it. :laugh:

Oooooh boy!:pinch::laugh: And we’re off!!!

Mugs are awesome- totally worth it for us.
That said, I am ducking for cover!!!

(search refillable mug on this site and you will know why!)

Why? :tongue:

DON’T START!:nonono2::mickey:

Don’t ask and don’t tell!!!:cheshire:

If you drink a lot of soda or other beverages from the food court and if you’re around the hotel a bunch, yes. If you are spending a lot of time in parks, you might not want to be carrying that mug all day and night.

I just said you can bring them back year after year. I said nothing about reusing them.

And Nebraska got tired of dominating the Big12 year after year (yeah Texas had to add a second on the clock to beat us) so time to move to a more competitive conference.

Go Big Red!

[QUOTE=tigger;1039678]I just said you can bring them back year after year. I said nothing about reusing them.

And Nebraska got tired of dominating the Big12 year after year (yeah Texas had to add a second on the clock to beat us) so time to move to a more competitive conference.

Go Big Red![/QUOTE]

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

It really depends on what your plans are. Do you plan on going back to the hotel to swim? Nap? If you are the Quick Service Dining Plan or Deluxe, you get the mug for free. (Most people think it truly isn’t free, but it depends on how you eat, etc it pays off in the end. For us it did.)

Our last stay we did the QS DDP and got quite a bit of use out of the mugs. In the am dh would grab some Coke, drink it before we left for the park, then if we were back any other time during the day the kids all had to fill their mugs as much as possible. It’s no wonder we went through 2 rolls of TP in 3 1/2 days. :laugh: We’re not coffee drinkers, but it did pay off in soda. We brought our own but as usual, my luck sucked and the fridge in our room stayed luke warm most of the trip, so the mugs were a big bonus!

I should mention the mugs also worked better for us since dh was a last minute addition to our party and was not on the DDP. So that made the mugs pay off more, we didn’t have to pay $$ for his drinks anytime we were at the hotel to eat.

[QUOTE=tigger;1039678]

Go Big Red![/QUOTE]

Thread jack . . .

Okay, so when Nebraska is playing the Badgers and we hear “Go Big Red”, how do we know who they’re rooting for?? :laugh:

[QUOTE=smee57;1039713]Thread jack . . .

Okay, so when Nebraska is playing the Badgers and we hear “Go Big Red”, how do we know who they’re rooting for?? :laugh:[/QUOTE]

Everyone! Can’t wait. The Badgers are a worthy foe and the 2 programs have many things the tie them together over the years.

How much are lockers? We’ve never used them of the mugs but would the mug still be cost effective if you stowed it in a locker all day? I don’t think lugging that thing around the park all day would be much fun.

Yikes! The mere mention of the word mugs and :nuke:

I’m not sure, I’m thinking around 7-8 bucks a day for the lockers, so I don’t see a savings there.

Yeah, they are a bit of a pain to carry around. I have carried one hooked onto a belt loop because it was about 17 miles back to our room. But if you’re one to use a backpack or have a stroller, it’s not such a big deal. Dh and I tried to go without a bag at all. We just love the “no bag” line.

Since joining DVC, we have found the mugs aren’t always a great deal. We loved them when we stayed at POP and really got our monies worth. Especially the one 2 week trip we took staying there, that was less than a buck a day for our drinks. But now depending on which DVC we are at and how far the walk to a coffee/soda dispenser is, we then decide whether to buy them. If it’s too far (or we are too lazy) we buy a few bottles of soda to keep in the fridge in the room.