A Happy Birthday TR~

Hello all~

I have a little time till I have to get ready for work and I have decided to start our TR.
I will have to get my pics loaded later. My camera broke on the night of MNSSHP. For some reason it deleted 3 days worth of pics but Im going to try and see if I can upload from my cell.

Cast~
Myself
Madison who turned 8 on the trip.
:mickey: :mickey: :mickey: :mickey: :mickey: :mickey: :mickey: :mickey:

Ok… Here are some highlights of the trip. We LOVED MNSSHP and her Birthday was so special.
I liked Pop BUT I couldnt stand hearing the toilets flushing every 30 seconds and the showers thru the walls. We were in building 7 the 80’s section with the rubix cube. We had a end room over looking the LOUD pool.

Day 1~
Saturday Sept 12th
I woke up real early to check SWA online to make sure the flight wasnt delayed. On Friday the 11th they were canceled or delayed to MCO so I could barely sleep thinking that I would be stuck here in rainy NJ.
We get up have DH and DD11 take us to the airport and say our goodbyes and hit the SWA counter. All was good and we were sched to take off on time.
Picked up some nasty breakfast at the airport and we were off. Made it to MCO 5 minutes late no biggie.
Found the ME counter and waited in line to catch a bus for 15 minutes.
A Disney crusie bus pulled up and as soon as DD seen the bus she thought we were going on the cruise. So we had a great ME driver EXCEPT he was telling all the guest to buy the resort mug because you will get free refills EVERY TIME YOU VISIT. :eek: I wanted to correct him but I felt it wasnt my place so I zipped it and sat back and watched the movie.

We arrive at POP and we are amazed at all the things to look at in the lobby. Madison wanted to look around but I wanted to get checked in. I did the online check in which I will NEVER EVER do again. The reg line was moving quicker that the online check in. So we FINALLY get to the desk and had the most UN magical CM ever who took my info and gave me my papers. She informed us that we were in the 80s facing a pool. I requested 50s but no such luck. I asked her if I could get a non pool view and nothing was avail. So we started our forever walk to the building we were in and finally arrived to a HOT HOT HOT room. I dont know if it was so hot because it felt like we were walking for days or what but it was HOT. I tried to lower the AC but it wasnt going past 71 so I called maintance.
Oh… When we checked in the CM advised me we had a Disney florist package and gave it to Madison.
Her sister ordered her the Royal Welcome for her bday. It was cute but not worth the $40 I spent on it. It came with a princess pen, light up tiera, box of cookies and autograph book. It was a once you do it dont feel the need to do it again type of thing.

After checking out the room we decided to head to MK.
First we went to everything POP for some dinner. We decided that we were going to share the chicken dinner. It was really good and the corn bread was better that moms :laugh: So after dinner we got our first bus of the week to MK.
We did our tradition of rides first. Buzz, people mover, the raceway, tea cups,toon town fair and then pooh. Madison decided she wanted to stop and get a milkshake. I hate when my kids or DH for that matter drinks milk in the heat. I think it will make them feel sick but she HAD to have a milkshake and played the “well its my bday card” so I gave it and went to get her one.
The CMs at the window seen her bday button and told her she could order what she wanted and it was on Mickey:heart:
So she got the milkshake and we were on our way to catch the spectro magic parade.
I like to get a spot AT LEAST 1 hour in advance to make sure we have one and we are not taking up any one else spot. so we stake out our spot and here comes the rain so we were sitting right across from Caseys. I gave madison a $20 and told her to run over and get rain ponchos while I held down the spots.
after spectro we decided to call it a night and hike back to our room and go to bed.

I will get pics uploaded soon. I have to go to work today…

This is Madison out side the room. This is also from my cell as my camera deleted 3 days worth of pics. :crying:

Day 2~ 1st FULL day…

We wake up and head to my favorite place in the whole world~ OHANAS~

We had a 9:20 ADR for breakfast. this is one of the days I dont have pics for :crying:
We had breakfast with Mickey, Pluto, Lilo & Stitch.
This is where I knew how the rest of the trip would go. We were eating breakfast and there were many people around us that didnt speak a lick of english. They were letting their kids come to OUR table to get pics with the characters while they were there for us. At 1st I thought ok maybe they didnt get see Mickey and they have to leave but NO it wasnt so. I was getting ticked that several tables of kids were all coming over to us bumping into the table spilling our juice. the server didnt save anything so I decided to take the matter into my own hands and tell the non english speaking parents to wait their turn. Well didnt go over too good because they laughed and let them keep going.

I asked the sever for the bill and we were out. Here is a pic I taken from my cell

Wow, the trip is already over. Sorry about your camera and the lost pictures, that is a bummer for sure.

Oh goodie, the TR i’ve been waiting most of the summer to read. Sorry to hear it hasn’t started out so well, but hopefully it got better as the week went on.
Oh, you did better than me with the ME driver. Don’t think I would’ve zipped it.:blink:

After breakfast we headed over to MK by boat from the Polly. I love love love the polly. So peaceful and relaxing.
We get to Mk and Madison wants to go back to the room and swim:eek: I told her that we didnt come all this way just to swim and that we would do it at night when we were done the parks.

So we did buzz,laugh floor, people mover, raceway, tea cups, toon town fair, waited 2 hours to see tinkerbell and then did Mickey and Minnies house.
After that got the train to frontier land and did splash mountain.

We had an 8pm ADR for Kona but I knew I wasnt going to make it till 8 so I called and was able to get in for 5 pm.
Took the boat to polly and had dinner at Kona.
We were seated and had the most “interesting” server I had ever came in contact with at WDW. Her name was Dolly. She was very nice but she would ask a question. I would give her the answer and then she would stare at us for what felt like 20 minutes after I gave her the answer. I thought for a sec she wanted us to invite her to sit and have dinner with us:laugh:
Kona was good but it was a did it one time and dont have the need to do it again type of place.
I got the steak even though I hardly ever eat steak. Madison had the Mickey pasta.
Madison also had a make your own icecream AND my Kona cone.
Here is a pic from my cell again…

When we were there it felt like we were on vacation for 28 days so by the time we were ready to come home I was ready to get here now that Im back I want to go back to WDW:crying: My stupid camera only gives my problems in WDW. Its time for a new one.

After dinner we got a bus to DTD and then to POP. I dont know why I just didnt take the boat to MK then to POP but it was a LONG day. We get back to the room and finally Madison can go swimming.

Day3 Monday Sept 14th~

This HAD to be an Epcot day because we were going to meet up with MBers at 4 pm but due to Madison getting sick inthe middle of the day we werent able to do so:crying: There is always next year :closedeye

So we wake up get ready for our big day at Epcot. Head over to the land and grab some lunch

well as you can see Madison had breakfast.

We head on over and ride Soarin. I just love love love this ride. I remember my 1st time riding I thougt I was going to fall out of the seat so I didnt enjoy it then but now I want to ride it over and over.
After Soarin we head over to where you can make your own video game. I dont know what its called but she loved doing it. Then we went over to the show where you learn about velcro. We were the only 2 there so we were picked for the show:laugh: After that we made some frogs and then headed over to Club cool.
I had the most coolest pic of the 2 of us at club cool but this was one of the days my camera deleted :crying: This is also where Madison started to feel sick. I think it was a mix of all the choc milk she had with breakfast and all the soda she drank at club cool. She also was eating the sugar sticks so I can bet my dollar this is when it all happened.

So she said that she wanted to continue and do kim possible. We get the norway adventure.
She only wanted to do this because she was able to carry a cell phone:glare: We did the adventure and I still have 2 hours till the meet. This is where she started to get sick and complain that she had to lay down. So we are stil in Norway and she wants to go back to the room. We go back to the bus and head back to the room. After a 3 hour nap she is feeling better we head to pool and call it a night.

[QUOTE=Mickeybug;994523]Oh goodie, the TR i’ve been waiting most of the summer to read. Sorry to hear it hasn’t started out so well, but hopefully it got better as the week went on.
Oh, you did better than me with the ME driver. Don’t think I would’ve zipped it.:blink:[/QUOTE]

Thanks!!! I have to stillput my pics on a CD and load them by the weekend. We had a great time and now I feel I want to go back by my feet dont:laugh:

Day 4 Sept 15th DHS~

Day 4 everyone feeling good and ready to go. Madison wanted to see AI and I couldnt wait to do Toy story mania and RnR.

We get to HS and grab lunch at Pizza Planet. I know some of you dont like WDW pizza but I thought it was yummy. I got the veggie pizza and madison had the cheese.

She wanted to play some games at pizza planet so she stuck a dollar into a machine and it didnt work so she let the CM know and he came over to fix it. He seen her bday pin and told her she could pick any game in the whole place to play for free and she picked the claw machine. He did something to it and gave her $30 in free credits. She had 30 free trys on the claw machine. I took a pic but again my camera deleted my pics :crying: he head over to see Lighting Mcqueen and Tow Mater:heart: get our pics and then head to back lot tour. Madison didnt want to see the show so we went right thru to the tram ride. We got our pics with the Hannah Montana chicken shack and took the tour.
After that we headed ove rto TSM and rode 3 times back to back. We used the FP from kim (thank you:heart:) grabbed FP for ourselves and then someone gave us another pair.
After that headed to see Little Mermaid show did the drawling class cought the parade and headed to our ADR at Wispering cannon cafe.

Some more pics

We usually love dinner at WC but for some reason we had a dud of a waiter. He didnt do anything. Madison asked him when will start thowing some straws at her :laugh: He did bring her a cute little cake and have everyone sing to her.

After dinner went back to POP and went swimming. This was the night I wanted her to relax because next day was BIRTHDAY DAY:heart:

Will do more later. Have to get ready for work

Maybe that server was an animatronic…staring at you to compute your order? :cool:

That happens to me almost every time we’re there. So sad. I wish we could just teleport for a couple of hours whenever the Disney mood strikes

[QUOTE=tinkerbelle24;994516]Hello all~

I have a little time till I have to get ready for work and I have decided to start our TR.
I will have to get my pics loaded later. My camera broke on the night of MNSSHP. For some reason it deleted 3 days worth of pics but Im going to try and see if I can upload from my cell.

Cast~
Myself
Madison who turned 8 on the trip.
:mickey: :mickey: :mickey: :mickey: :mickey: :mickey: :mickey: :mickey:

Ok… Here are some highlights of the trip. We LOVED MNSSHP and her Birthday was so special.
I liked Pop BUT I couldnt stand hearing the toilets flushing every 30 seconds and the showers thru the walls. We were in building 7 the 80’s section with the rubix cube. We had a end room over looking the LOUD pool.
[/QUOTE]

OMG, I had the same problem with Pop, water running the whole time. Our neighbor took their daily shower at 11 p.m. every day. Flushing and showers were loud.

I can’t believe we were in the same area. We were in the 80’s building as well, except on the first floor facing the 90’s parking lot. If I had know this I would have met up with you at Pop.

[QUOTE=tinkerbelle24;994528]
Day3 Monday Sept 14th~

This HAD to be an Epcot day because we were going to meet up with MBers at 4 pm but due to Madison getting sick inthe middle of the day we werent able to do so:crying: There is always next year :closedeye[/QUOTE]

So sorry you couldn’t make it, we missed you. But I am glad Madison felt better after a while. I hope the rest of your trip was enjoyable.

Whoo-hoo! Another TR! I can’t wait to get caught up after my kids are in bed tonight!:happy:

Ug, what a bummer about your camera!! And I am sorry that Madison got sick. :frowning:

Rough start, but it sounds like your trip got better. I can’t believe those people at your character breakfast! How rude!:eek: