A New Christmas Show at Disney

I will MISS “Twas the night before Christmas” :frown:

[B]I saw this article online:[/B] A new show replaces a Christmas classic at Disney World

“Mickey’s 'Twas the Night Before Christmas” show will no longer be available for viewing at Walt Disney World with the removal of the Galaxy Palace Theater. The show will be replaced with a new show starring some Disney-Pixar stars.

Starting on Tuesday, November 10 with the Magic Kingdom’s first Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party of the season, there will be a new show premiering to the public in Tomorrowland.

The new show, “Totally Tomorrowland Christmas” is an interesting concept with Stitch, Buzz Lightyear, and Mike Wazowski trying to discover the true meaning of Christmas. While the show will include Christmas classic songs, it will have a more ‘upbeat’ and mix the songs with a more modern style.

The show will also include party-goers and dancers and will use the stage built for the short lived “Stitch’s Supersonic Celebration” show that both opened and closed earlier this year. Here’s hoping this new show does better than the pervious show to use this stage.

The most disturbing part of this new show is that it also signals the end of the classic “Mickey’s 'Twas the Night Before Christmas” show which had been performed annually during the Christmas season at the once long standing (and quickly deteriorating) Galaxy Palace Theater. As mentioned earlier, with that theater gone, so is the show.

“Mickey’s 'Twas the Night Before Christmas” was a long running seasonal show that combined classic Disney characters with the long adored Christmas classic story and even used a live band and professional singers to perform all the Christmas hits. From Minnie’s version of “Santa Baby” to Goofy’s entrance as Santa Claus, the show will undoubtedly be missed by the Disney faithful that has enjoyed the show as a staple of their Christmas season year in and year out.

Everything else from previous years will be mostly the same, with minor changes of course. The Christmas parade, Holiday Wishes, and even the “Celebrate the Season” castle show will still be available at the Christmas parties and during normal operating hours the during the weeks surrounding Christmas Day.

Aww, I was worrying about this as soon as I heard they knocked out the Galaxy Palace Theater. What a shame. I will miss it.

Oh, and thanks for the WDW pictures!!! Love the fireworks behind the castle… my new background! :wub:

[QUOTE=LittleMissMagic;1003442]Aww, I was worrying about this as soon as I heard they knocked out the Galaxy Palace Theater. What a shame. I will miss it.

Oh, and thanks for the WDW pictures!!! Love the fireworks behind the castle… my new background! :wub:[/QUOTE]

Oh good! Glad you were getting them. My blackberry was freaking out :laugh: wasn’t sure if they were going through or if you were getting 10 of the same! :laugh:

Is this available to all guests, or just during MVMCP? So sad I never saw the other show.

Sorry to see the show is gone. I saw it 2 years ago and it was really good. Can’t wait to see pictures/videos from the new show. Hopefully someone will post them.

From what I remember last year, they started showing it to all guests the week before Xmas. But before then it was only MVMCP guests. I’m sure Rowdy will be along to confirm!

It was a great show . . . last year we watched it 3 times, my DDs LOVED it!

[QUOTE=mickeysgirlz;1003568]From what I remember last year, they started showing it to all guests the week before Xmas. But before then it was only MVMCP guests. I’m sure Rowdy will be along to confirm!
[/QUOTE]

That’s my cue. :laugh: Yes it will follow the same pattern as the other Christmas shows. The weeks before Christmas will be Christmas Party guests only, but starting Sunday the 20th through New Years, it’ll be daily ops.

And FYI, the new show is really cute, ESPECIALLY Buzz and Mike Wazowski’s musical numbers. :wink: And the dancing? SICK!!! The good kind of sick.

I am torn. Twas the night before Christmas was very special, but I do want to see the new show. I will keep an open mind!

How do you think I feel? At least I got to close T’Was. That gave me some closure. No pun intended.

:frown: Sorry Rowdy!!

I hope to finally see you this December!!:heart: