A New musical coming to California Adventure?

That’s right, according to DisneyParksblog.com Toy Story will be the new musical in the Hyperion Theater located in California Adventure. Unfortunately, this will be replacing the Aladdin show currently playing. Aladdin show just signed a 2 year contract to stay at California Adventure, therefore, this musical will not premiere until early 2011.

In my personal opinion, I am a little disappointed. Aladdin is probably my favorite Disney movie, and I just don’t think Toy Story is going to be as good. But that is just my opinion of course.

[QUOTE=Fearthereaper;1007233]That’s right, according to DisneyParksblog.com Toy Story will be the new musical in the Hyperion Theater located in California Adventure. Unfortunately, this will be replacing the Aladdin show currently playing. Aladdin show just signed a 2 year contract to stay at California Adventure, therefore, this musical will not premiere until early 2011.

In my personal opinion, I am a little disappointed. Aladdin is probably my favorite Disney movie, and I just don’t think Toy Story is going to be as good. But that is just my opinion of course.[/QUOTE]

As good as Aladdin is, it will be nice to have something new in the parks, I dont like it when a Stage Show Stays for more than 2+ years, seems like it gets stale after a while. It will be good to see something fresh come into DCA, but hey, thats just me :cool:

True, I completely agree with you about how it can get a little old, it may just be the fact that they are replacing it with Toy Story that kind of bothers me. I think there could of been better selections. Oh well, I will still give it a chance. Here’s hoping it wil be a classic.

Very true, I myself wouldn’t mind seeing a different Disney Classic that is not Toy Story made into a play to replace Aladdin at DCA, Disney has been playing off of Toy Story a bit too much lately, IMO.

I completely agree with you. Bring back something from before Pixar. Don’t get me wrong, I love Pixar, but there is so much in the Disney vault that " The Yunguns’ " might not have been introduced to yet.

I really hope it won’t be Toy Story…I’m down for changes but Toy Story is sooooo retarted… I think they should bring in one of the movies that isn’t recognized in either parks… like The Hunchback of Notredame or Pocahontas lol… there is a Toy Story ride in BOTH parks!

It is going to be Toy Story, it has already been Green Lit quite a while ago by Management.