A Question About Online Check-In

We’re staying at SSR in October. If I use Online Check-In and don’t like the area they assign to me, can I change it? I never seem to get the area I request - and usually have to do some talking to get something that’ll make me happy. I’m worried that I’ll get stuck in the Carousel area which I do not want to be in and not have any options. Is it worth it to bother with online? Every time we’ve checked in at SSR there’s not been a crowd.

Never stayed at SSR, but I never see a line at checkin, anywhere I am… If so-it is like 2 people, and they want something totally different… I have never had to wait more than about 3-4 minutes… I know that there can be lines though… but not for me (we usually get there late though).

I can tell you 100% they have allowed us to move our rooms twice with online checkin. We did both times get there at about 8am, and both times they had our rooms ready (but definitely not rooms we wanted). Both times we came back downstairs and asked for a different room and both times they pulled out maps of the resorts and asked where we wanted to be (WL and BLT). On both occasions though, we picked rooms not ready. However, this year, they said “what the heck” and gave us the 16th floor which I hear is impossible.

To make a long story short, if you get there early enough, I know for a fact you can change rooms!

[QUOTE=cjtownman;1090159]I can tell you 100% they have allowed us to move our rooms twice with online checkin. We did both times get there at about 8am, and both times they had our rooms ready (but definitely not rooms we wanted). Both times we came back downstairs and asked for a different room and both times they pulled out maps of the resorts and asked where we wanted to be (WL and BLT). On both occasions though, we picked rooms not ready. However, this year, they said “what the heck” and gave us the 16th floor which I hear is impossible.

To make a long story short, if you get there early enough, I know for a fact you can change rooms![/QUOTE]

I don’t have a choice about when I get there - it’ll probably be about 3 p.m. I’m wondering if it is worth it at SSR. The place is usually deserted - but 3 p.m. might mean more people coming in to get their rooms.

Definitely worth a try. I would go ahead and make a request of a certain area in your online checkin though.

We like Grandstand!!!

I know that the last time we went they did not have a room we liked and they let us trade rooms out without a problem and we did online check in. You can always call at about 8 days out and talk directly with the resort about your room also.

Never hurts to ask.

Love Grandstand! But prefer Congress Park for it’s proximity to the Marketplace. I have put a request on my reservation for Congress Park, Grandstand or The Springs, in that order.

Talking to people that work the front desk I would suggest you not do online check in if you think you are going to want to switch your room.

If everyone asked about changing their room at the online check in counter then it would defeat the purpose of quick check in.

[QUOTE=Tikiman;1090217]Talking to people that work the front desk I would suggest you not do online check in if you think you are going to want to switch your room.

If everyone asked about changing their room at the online check in counter then it would defeat the purpose of quick check in.[/QUOTE]

I agree. We’ve run into problems with the online check-in and having to change rooms, or having people in front of us with a problem with their reservation and it completely backs up the line, and they usually have minimal people working this counter because it’s supposed to be a quick transaction.

Of the 4 times that we’ve experienced the online check-in, it only went smoothly once. Every other time we’ve been stuck in long line-ups and watched the regular line (with multiple counter staff available) move faster than our line.

Last time we did on-line check in, there wasn’t even a cm for the line. We stood there about 5 to 10 minutes, watching the multiple cm’s help the standard line. Finally, the greeter saw us waiting and went behind the desk to help assist. Chose not to check in online this time, as I’m hoping for a specific area at our resort, so may take a little time, if they didn’t follow my room request.

My mind is made up. I am not doing online check-in.

I’ve been having this same conversation with myself about our upcoming trip. I’m still on the fence. Limsy tried it on their trip and I am waiting to hear how that went. Then I’ll make up my mind not to do online check-in:closedeye