A Really Good Reason to Stay At a Disney Hotel in California

For those of you who have been following the debut of World of Color at Disney California Adventure in Anaheim, you know that getting a spot to watch the show has been a challenge at best. Even getting a FastPass has been difficult. Disney announced today that guests staying in one of the three Disney-owned hotels at Disneyland (the Grand Californian, the Disneyland Hotel, and Paradise Pier) will have access to the World of Color FastPass machines 30 minutes ahead of everyone else.

Great News for ‘World of Color’ Fans and Guests Who Stay at Disneyland Resort Hotels Disney Parks Blog

Wow, that’s great news. We will be at the GC in 9 days!! We’re so excited to see the WOC and now we’ll have a better chance of getting a good spot.

We just experienced this first-hand. We were staying at the GCH, and the first day there, they told us that the guests were getting upset because the people entering the front gate were getting into the WoC fast-pass line before those at the hotel guest gate. They actually suggested that we go to through the front gate if we really wanted to see the show. Luckily, by two days later when we went to DCA, they had started letting the hotel guests in about 9:20 or so, so they got priority over the front gate folks.

We went through the hotel gate about 9:50 and still had no problems getting FPs for the first WoC show. We ended up waiting about 30-40 minutes in the FP line.

One note on WoC, GET IN THE FRONT OF WHATEVER SECTION YOU GET!!! The FPs will list a specific cloor section you are sitting in, but you get to pick how close you sit. There was close (you WILL get wet), medium (you MAY get wet/misted), and far (you will stay dry). We didn’t realize this, and stayed towards the back of our little section because everyone was sitting and we would be out of the way with our stroller. But an hour before the show, the CMs made everyone stand up (to get more people into each section), and it ended up that my wife & kids couldn’t see anything of the show. It was an EXTREME DISAPPOINTMENT, especially after waiting all day for the show.

Thanks for the advice. We will definitely want the front so the kiddos can see.

I was there 2 weeks ago for 5 days and was unable to get Fast Passes for the WoC show. 3 of the 5 days the first show sold out in about 30 minutes after CA Adventure opened. One day the line for fast pass was 1hr 40 minutes long. NOTHING is worth that kind of wait. On that same day the show was canceled do to some kind of difficulties, rumor had it it was do to the earthquake ( we where on the Haunted Mansion whne they closed the rides down very interesting seeing that ride with the lights on)…

Well, Turnwrench, this is a huge problem for me, because, as you know, I hate staying on property. I especially HATE the Grand Californian. It’s not like it’s my favorite hotel in the world, you know… You must now solve all of my problems. And I will call you at least 30 times to make sure you are and change my demands at least four times. And argue with you. That is all.

Disney should give all of its guests (people who stay on property) at all its resorts around the world special treatment considering that they are paying way to much for a room that is considerbly less at non Disney resorts.