A Simply Wonderful Trip!

Hi everyone! We made it back from a week at the world on Saturday. I can’t believe how fast it went. The trip was simply wonderful! Was it perfect? No. Did we see everything? Not even close. However, seeing Disney through my daughter’s eyes was amazing.
Who: Me, my husband Tim, daughter Jillian (2)
When: Jan 28 to Feb 4, 2012
Where: Caribbean Beach Resort
I have been swamped at work today, but wanted to leave you with a teaser. Jillian meeting her favorites…Chip and Dale!

Oh my that is such a lovely photograph! Jillian is adorable, and she looks very at ease with her two chipmunks! Looking forward to the rest of the story, and more great photos like the one above- welcome back!

Great pic, cute as a button.

So how did you like the CBR?

-Harry

Great picture! You and your daughter are so cute! I’m looking forward to your TR!

Welcome home Cosmic! What a little dolly she is!:wub: I’m going to enjoy this report!:happy:

Oh noooooo, not a teaser. Jillian = Adorableness :biggrin:

Ok, standing by for a full report munchkin style

Great pic! Can’t wait to hear more about your trip!

How cool for Jillian to meet Chip & Dale :heart:
cant waite here more

So glad to hear it was a good trip but I can’t wait for the full TR!!! Great pic and your little princess is adorable!

Ok, here we go! I apologize for the lousy quality of some of these pics. I took them from my facebook page, so they aren’t the best.
Our flight left at 1:45pm on Saturday 1/28. Here is Jillian waiting for our flight. She thought that we were “too big” to fit on the plane. hehe!

Mommy and Jillian

Excited??

She is simply a doll. What a great smile and those dimples…

Before I start on our first park day, I’ll give my thoughts on our resort. We stayed at Caribbean Beach Resort in the “village” of Martinique, building 21, room 2113. I had requested a room in Jamaica, but none were available…dancers were coming in later in the week, and would be staying in that section.
Some buildings in Martinique are “preferred,” and cost extra, but ours did not. We were about a 5 minute walk from Old Port Royale (the food court/pool area). Actually, it was only 5 minutes walking alone. With a toddler, it took about two days. “Ooh look, sand! Ooh look, ducks!” You get the picture.
Our building (our room was on the first floor, in the corner below the palm tree on the right).

Our room

The beach in Martinique

I can’t comment too much on the buses. We only used them once to go to the Studios, and the bus came right as we were walking up.

Pros:
I really liked the resort. I thought the scenery was pretty, and the food court was excellent…lots of great choices. I had salmon the first night, and it was one of the best pieces of salmon I’ve ever had!
Beautiful resort to walk around…lots of paths for meandering around the grounds.
Zero entry at the main pool…great for kids.

Cons:
The pools were NOT heated even though we were told by our bellman that they were all heated to 83 degrees. They were not 83 degrees! I couldn’t even bring myself to go in past my waist.

It is a huge resort. If I had been staying in Trinidad South, or even parts of Barbados, I think I would have been annoyed with the walk…maybe! It certainly is a lovely walk, but not if you just want a quick drink. That certainly wouldn’t stop me from staying there again. The largeness of the resort keeps it peaceful and quiet.

Not enough high chairs in the food court. We had trouble finding one about half the time.

I haven’t stayed at many Disney resorts (only ASMusic, Movies, and POR), but I really liked this resort. I would say it is tied with POR for my favorite among those. It’s hard to compare CBR to POR because the theming is so different, but they are both lovely.

Loving the TR so far. Your daughter is adorable.

Turtle on the beach of Trinidad North

The main pool

Pool area

Old Port Royale Center Town

Lagoon

Fountain

Food Court

Sunday 1/29: Animal Kingdom Day

We let Jillian wake up on her own since she hadn’t napped the day before, and was up late the first night in the hotel. She isn’t used to being in the same room with mommy and daddy, so she didn’t want to miss out on anything. She woke up around 7:15, so we got ready and headed to OPR for some breakfast.
Jillian enjoyed some Mickey waffles…yum!

We then walked around the resort a bit while we were waiting for my friend (who is a CM and lives in Orlando) to come pick us up to head over to Animal Kingdom.
Gator near the kids playground

There were lots of very friendly ducks at CBR

It is so cool to look at your pictures and realize I have many of the same ones. We really like CBR a lot, but then when staying anywhere in WDW what’s not to like, lol.

Please keep it coming,
-Harry

Great start! Your daughter is adorable!

Thank you for sharing.

Lisa

[QUOTE=Cosmicwaves;1101214]Hi everyone! We made it back from a week at the world on Saturday. I can’t believe how fast it went. The trip was simply wonderful! Was it perfect? No. Did we see everything? Not even close. However, seeing Disney through my daughter’s eyes was amazing.
Who: Me, my husband Tim, daughter Jillian (2)
When: Jan 28 to Feb 4, 2012
Where: Caribbean Beach Resort
I have been swamped at work today, but wanted to leave you with a teaser. Jillian meeting her favorites…Chip and Dale![/QUOTE]

I can’t believe how big Jillian is. Seems like just a month or so ago you announced her birth. She’s adorable. Looks like she handled the plane ride like a champ too. So many her age don’t. Looking forward to more of the tr so keep it coming.

When my friend arrived, we drove over to Animal Kingdom, and headed over to get fast passes for the safari. After that, we decided to take Jillian to her first character meet! We walked down towards Camp Minnie-Mickey, and came across Meeko! Jillian wasn’t too sure at first, so I held her.

We then came across two of her favorites…Chip and Dale! She still didn’t want to let go of mommy, so I held her again.

By the time we got to Donald, she was ready to get down and give him a hug. It was the most awkward hug ever! You know, the kind of arms out hug that you give your old aunt who smells like moth balls? I didn’t get a good pic of that, but here she is with Safari Donald.

After Donald, we went to see Minnie, and Jillian was ready for a full on hug!

Safari Mickey

Thumper

She is growing TOO fast. She did amazing on the airplane…I have a great kid! :wub:

Thanks for the nice comments everyone!