A tiny bit sad

Because I just found out MVMCP will not be happening close to Christmas! I know they have a lot of guests at that time and they probably don’t want to close MK early for that reason, but I was really hoping to enjoy MVMCP this year. We will be missing it by a few days. Do they always stop the party a week before Christmas?

Dates:
November 10, 2008 - November 11, 2008, 7:00PM - 12:00AM
November 14, 2008, 7:00PM - 12:00AM
November 16, 2008, 7:00PM - 12:00AM
November 20, 2008 - November 21, 2008, 7:00PM - 12:00AM
November 30, 2008, 7:00PM - 12:00AM
December 2, 2008, 7:00PM - 12:00AM
December 4, 2008 - December 5, 2008, 7:00PM - 12:00AM
December 7, 2008, 7:00PM - 12:00AM
December 9, 2008, 7:00PM - 12:00AM
December 11, 2008 - December 12, 2008, 7:00PM - 12:00AM
December 14, 2008, 7:00PM - 12:00AM
December 16, 2008, 7:00PM - 12:00AM
December 18, 2008 - December 19, 2008, 7:00PM - 12:00AM

As great as the party is, I would be apoleptic if I was tossed out of MK early in the Christmas period. You can’t blame then for accomidating the crowds.

I am sorry that you’re sad. Now don’t cry. :crying:

Do they at least have the Once Upon A Christmastime Parade through the holidays? I MUST see a holiday parade!!!

OH MissDisney, we are going to miss it also. We are arriving day after xmas, so we already knew that. I didn’t realize however, that they stopped it that early in Dec.

I think all you miss are the cookies and hot chocolate. The holiday parades and everything else are the same. Oh yeah, and you don’t have to buy a separate ticket.

Thank you! I was hoping to hear that!

I’m sorry you’re going to miss it. I’m glad you’re not going to be missing the Christmas parade.

:c(

I am interested to know if it has always stopped the week before, though.

So sorry you won’t be able to enjoy it:( I did read on Allears that they always stop the week before Christmas because the crowds are so large at that time.

The MVMCP is just a way to boost crowds during a slow time. The same thing with MNSSHP, Free Dining and the Princess & Pirate Party. They charge around 40 bucks for each of the parties, give out candy, beads or cookies and hot chocolate, get park attendance up which increases all of their revenue avenues. Christmas week has always been a packed time and they just add a hard ticket event a couple of times a week prior to it to keep those figures up. The party for the slower times is the same as the busy times. Parade, fireworks, decorations and atmosphere are identical.

I’ve heard that the parades and everything are the same…basically just no cookie and milk and short lines! So thats something…plus you’ll be a WDW during the most festive time of year!

Oh now, please, no sadness!! Everyone is correct here, the only thing you will miss will be the free cookies and hot chocolate. You will see the parades, the shows and SNOW on Main street!! :slight_smile:

I just love the snow on Main Street!:heart:

That just happens to be one of the questions for Anita Answers at Allears.com this week. Here is what she says:

Sharon writes:

Hi Anita, I see that the tickets are soon going to be available for Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party. Can you tell me if they are likely to add on any more dates after the 19th of December? We arrive from the UK on the19th so we won't be able to go the day we arrive. Thanks!

Hi Sharon!

There is no chance at all that party dates will be added after December 19th. The reason is that December 20th marks the start of the busiest week of the year at the World, and the parks will be open to all guests late every night.

Hard ticketed events like Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party are designed to bring in more people during traditionally slow times of the year, and Christmas week certainly isn't slow!

Fortunately for you, during that whole week, the Magic Kingdom will feature the special holiday shows, parades and fireworks that are performed only at the Christmas Party earlier in December and November. You won't miss a thing other than free cocoa and cookies, and you won't have to buy a special ticket to experience it all.

Have a very merry trip to the World!

They usually stop around then…the crowds start to really pick up and I think it’s hard to have one by that time. So sorry you are missing it…hate that you are sad. Know how you feel though…I am still upset about MNSSHP.

I felt the SAME way last year MissDis. I wanted to attend MVMCP when we went during Thanksgiving, we were there for 10 DAYS and there were no parties while we were there. :sad: They stopped them the whole week of Thanksgiving.

So sorry :sad:

This is good to know! My passes black out on the 21 . . . the EXACT day I was going to meet my friends from NJ! So I suggested MVMCP but :eek: same problem as MissDisney . . . sad that they are over before we arrive. So I had another solution . . . :confused: But, will this work?

Can I book for free dining . . . get two day park passes for us each . . . save them for Xmas (12/21-23) and just use the hotel and free dining and my APs in Sept? Or, do you HAVE to use the park passes with the package they were purchased with? (Does this make sense?)

I’m so sorry you’re going to miss the party. We went for the first time this past year and really enjoyed it but we didn’t do or see anything that wasn’t going on all week when the parks were open.

We went to the last party last year on December 21st so they’re ending it a little earlier next year.

Yes,you will be able to do that.

Oh, and MissDis, I have it on good authority that Santa will be there too.:wink: