Aaa travel is not fun

well lets see there is a promotional deal going on the dates i am traveling and yet aaa says it cant be applied. so i sent the deal on mousesavers.com…anyone think i can get it. it 200 dollars to spend and buy 4 get 3 free…urrgg someone please help

Sometimes a particular room class is no longer available as WDW sets aside a specific number of rooms for a given promotion. Perhaps that’s why it can’t be applied? You might be able to get the rate by checking different resort availability. Good luck.

I’m traveling Jan 4th - 10th and had originally made my reservations through Disney. I was able to transfer my reservation to AAA just by faxing the request to Disney. Now we’ll be able to enjoy the benefits of AAA! It wasn’t much of a hassle at all!

Just got off the phone with WDW about possibly changing my reservation.

In my particular case, my AAA rate was better.

My situation is Value resort, room only, weekends included, preferred room, with extra adults in the room (my kids are 18+)

The really good deals on the latest room-only discount are only available for standard rooms Sun-Thur. I think the Sun-Thu is what made the difference for me. However, if you can do it within the parameters, that its a great deal.

Chowloverbs… I see you’re in Hamilton, my AAA agent is out of Hamilton!

yes you get good rates from aaa but see i have had a bad experience this time with them. i went to book the trip in person, and gave him all i wanted so he said ok its this much. well i said ok can you tell me the exact price to add my parents because they are in debate of going if they can afford. so he told me 750 dollars…give or take 20 because of tax. i said ok thanks. they would be staying in my room. well about 4 days later they decided to go and i emailed him to add them and let me tell u it was 970 dollars to add them…i was like what the heck. so i emailed him back and he said well i double check figures…so i email corporate. the manager contacted me and told me to pay for the trip, and she would give me aaa coverage for next yr for free. (well a voucher for the cost) but that was still over the amount he quoted and still waiting to see the voucher for the difference of the trip. well there is even a discount for 200 disney dollars so we will see what they say.

well my travel agent called me and i am getting to save 650 dollars by switching to polynesian and getting 200 disney dollars…i told him to keep up looking for savings

so now anyone on how the polynesian is

I have never had good luck with AAA booking a Disney vacation. They seem to have too many limitations. I have purchased my park tickets from them at a good price, but not the whole trip (after one disappointing experience with them).

I would go with a Mouse Eared travel agent. You can try Mouseketrips. That would be our site owner Mickey.

Funny you are saying that about AAA travel. When first the discounts for January were announced, I thought I should see what AAA can do for me. They still quoted me rack rates when my actual travel agent had already made the arrangements with the discount for me.
TODAY I hear from AAA that there are discounted rates for our vacation :blink: - a little on the slow side, I would say.

I personally have not booked through our local AAA, but a friend of mine did, and she really had a bad experience. She received all kinds of erroneous information, and her adrs were all messed up. :frowning:

I actually like calling Disney myself. I am in control that way. :)))

And, as to your question about the Polynesian, I think you will love it! Its a monorail resort, you can walk to the T&TC, and the rooms are really big.

can i ask what the t&tc is

I think she’s talking about the transportation and ticket center :closedeye

I have been booking my disney trips thru AAA for 5 years now and have NEVER had a problem with them!!! I book thru them and if Disney offers a promotion or discount that would be cheaper than AAA, all they do is call up Disney and see if the room is avail. at that rate, and they switch me and I get a Refund!!! :happy:

I couldnt be happier with them and would not think of booking elsewhere, EVER!!!

So sorry this happened to you, dont know what exactly the details are to this situation.

We stayed at the Polynesian a year ago and LOVED it!!! :wub:

[QUOTE=Val32;911219]I have been booking my disney trips thru AAA for 5 years now and have NEVER had a problem with them!!! I book thru them and if Disney offers a promotion or discount that would be cheaper than AAA, all they do is call up Disney and see if the room is avail. at that rate, and they switch me and I get a Refund!!! :happy:

I couldnt be happier with them and would not think of booking elsewhere, EVER!!!

So sorry this happened to you, dont know what exactly the details are to this situation.

We stayed at the Polynesian a year ago and LOVED it!!! :wub:[/QUOTE]

Val, you must have a good Travel agent at your branch who really knows Disney. That makes all the difference.

well i normally book through aaa and no problem this time it was like the misquote for my parents to come and nothing was really done about it until i got the manager involved. but now like i said i saving almost 650 and 200 disney dollars so that is good.

I think I know more actually! :laugh::laugh:

I basically tell her what I want and she comes back with prices and somtimes I might modify things and she books it! :happy:

Occasionally I might have a question! :laugh:

I get the emails on the sales and I find out from my trvl agt if it’s avail for my hotel choice/dates and if it is she just switches me! :happy:

She was very helpful on this last trip, when I said I might have to cxl for financial reasons, she really helped me out! She cancelled my car with Disney and booked me a res. online directly with Alamo @ AAA’s rate because it was cheaper to do it that way (Disney is always higher on everything!).

Do you use the same agent every time?

Because it sounds like the agent screwed up on you and NOT AAA!

Maybe you should switch to another agent, maybe a “senior” agent, whose been there a long time and knows what they are doing and isn’t prone to making mistakes like that.

We booked through the CAA here in Canada for all our trips but next time I’ll either do it myself or get through a company that specializes in Disney. This last time I didn’t fidn my travel agent to be “in the know”…In the end I made all the ADR’s (I actually got some that she had said we not available in the 15 minutes it took me to drive home) and I felt she steered us in the wrong direction when it came to picking a moderate resort (we had been POP until this last trip) knowing our wants and needs… In the end the rate was the same as when I looked online (despite the CAA discount)…So this next trip I will be booking in January for August…I just can’t see how they helped…

Well they are a travel agency NOT a “Disney” travel agency unless you get an agent that’s been there ALOT! I used to be a travel agent and they get a little bit of training in each area of travel, you dont really “learn” until you’ve actually been somehwere. That being said. I did most of my research on my own, reading all sorts of Disney travel related books and then looking online at sites like this one! … So I would do all my research of where I wanted to stay and then went to AAA to book with them because their rates are always Awesome!!! :cool:
Also not many travel agents will make your ADR’s for you. I rather make them myself so Iam sure I get what I want, and can ask for other days, times, etc… Iam OCD that way!:laugh:

If you really want an agent that specializes only in DISNEY, then you must go through a Disney Travel Company. But only you can really decide where you want to stay based on your tastes/preferences, etc… I never let an agent pick my hotel FOR me. Do some research, it really pays off and you will be happy in the end!!!:happy:

And there is nothing wrong with calling up Disney Reservations and asking questions! :happy:
I knew nothing about Disney before my first trip other than I wanted to stay at the Caribbean Beach and I have always booked thru AAA.

Also this message board is Awesome!!! Ask as many questions as needed, we have a very helpful bunch of great Disney fans here!!! :happy:

yes it is…i love it. and see they turned around and actually helped me. i am learning so much from this place…and i have always wanted to stay at polynesian and now we are …how do i do a countdown to disney on my name