? about bus service to and from SSR

When you travel to the various parks, does the bus service stop at multiple places? I booked my DS into SSR for his honeymoon, but I was hoping for BCV or BWV. (we are waitlisted) We like those because you can walk to Epcot and DHS, but the downside is the many stops when you go to the other two parks. My DS said MK is his favorite so having to spend all that time on the bus from the those resorts can be annoying. So do the buses from SSR go right to the parks or are there other stops?

SSR has it’s own buses for all the routes.

When we stayed at BCV this summer the only resort we ever shared with was Yacht Club, never Swan, dolphin, or BW. BW seemed to share with Swan and Dolphin.

[QUOTE=DisneyTeacher;852580]SSR has it’s own buses for all the routes.

When we stayed at BCV this summer the only resort we ever shared with was Yacht Club, never Swan, dolphin, or BW. BW seemed to share with Swan and Dolphin.[/QUOTE]

My memory might be wrong, but in early dec, I thought staying at the BWV there were more stops than that. Maybe it changes with the amount of crowds?

But thanks for the info for SSR. My DS still wants to try for BCV, so we’ll see.

[QUOTE=jo-jo;852585]My memory might be wrong, but in early dec, I thought staying at the BWV there were more stops than that. Maybe it changes with the amount of crowds?

But thanks for the info for SSR. My DS still wants to try for BCV, so we’ll see.[/QUOTE]

That may be true at different times of the year. I know in the past the DtD route was all 5 Epcot resorts but not this summer.

They may have changed the routes at BCV and BWV because of complaints. When we stayed at each of them the buses (which took FOREVER to show up) stopped at all four resorts (Swan & Dolphin plus BWV and BCV). We found that was the one drawback to those resorts. SSR’s buses seem to be the most efficient at WDW.

Anytime we stated home (SSR) the buses service was very good. And your son can walk to DTD if he chooses.

There are 5 bus stops at SSR. SSR does not share with any other resort. The bus service is good, but you can walk or ride a boat to DTD.

SSR is my home resort. They have their own buses and about four/five stops throught the resort. It is large and a lot of people complain that it is far from the parks. I don’t find it that bad. I like that it is away from the parks as down time really does feel like down time. The other thing I love is that it is within walking distance from Downtown Disney. Buses also run downtown or you can take the boat.

SSRS is our home resort also and we will be there in less then 6 weeks. We were at the YC and BCV in February and the buses did stop at the Swan and the Dolphin then. However, on our return trip in May to the BCV the buses stopped at the YC and BC only. Definite change there. We have never used SSRS transportation in the past as we have always had a car onsite and drove to the parks. This time we are using DME and the transporation system for our stay at SSRS … Will keep you posted when we return.

Just to reiterate what others have said, SSR does have it’s own buses to and from the parks and DTD. SSR does not share with any other resort. The boat from the rear of the Turf Club is an awesome way to get to DTD and that’s how we went every time. The wait for buses at and to SSR was never very long on our most recent trip.