? about dining

I just booked our first trip (I’m a newbie)
I tried to save money and took off Park Hopper/Water Park/Expire… My question I guess would be… how can I manage now that I got my excellent price with free dining? Does Disney have restaurants that accept the plan outside of the park areas? If so please list a few.
If someone could just guide me or help me understand, I’d really be thankful! I have to be super efficient on this trip, knowing ahead would make me feel a lot better.
Thanks a bunch!
Brandi

Welcome to Mousebuzz!!! Wow, you are going to have a blast. For starters, who is going? Will there be kids going? Yes they do offer dinning outside of the parks. The resort hotels have resturants that have some fantastics places to eat. Polynesian, Contemporary,Beach Club,etc. Take a look on Allears.net for your dinning resturants. They should have the listing you need.

You have a LOT of options. :happy:

First, go here:Restaurant Dining Menus from Walt Disney World

That’s a list of all the Disney restaurants, most of which are on the dining plan. You call also look at all the menus to get an idea of what you might like to eat. You’ll see that there are a lot of options that are in the various hotels and in Downtown Disney.

How long is your trip? I’m just thinking that if it’s of any length at all, you might want to reconsider the park hopper. It really gives you a lot of freedom.

Disney Dining Plan Restaurants 2009 - wdwinfo.com
Here is a list of all restaurants that participate in the dining plan!

Awesome!!! THANKS!! It will be Myself hubby and our son (9). for a week! What are the pros of the hopper?

The park hopper just gives you a lot of freedom. Especially if you’ll be there a week, after you’ve experienced all of the parks you might decide to spend half days at different parks when you go back to do your favorite things again.

It will also completely open up your dining options- you can spend the day at Magic Kingdom, but then go to Epcot for dining.

The water parks option wouldn’t be worth it to me, but park hopping is essential.

We like to go to a non-a.m. Extra Magic hours park in the morning and then to that EMH park in the afternoon/evening since a lot of people burn out by mid day who have been there since 7am, leaving the park much less busy. We also like to spend the first part of the day at one park and then go to another for dinner and the evening events (parades, fireworks, etc). Plus, I’m one of those people that even though I may not have plans to Park Hop, I like to know that I can since the trip’s “itinerary” is subject to change with the weather (pun intended). If the crowds get rediculous at one, we leave and go elsewhere. GL with your planning! Ask any questions you have…these folks are awesome all-knowing Disney “Crazies” as DH calls them. :mickey:

Andrea is right. You should really consider the hopper. Food is free, you are already saving like crazy :smile:

I would definitely recommend adding the park hopper option. It’s nice to have the flexibility of visiting different parks on the same day(as described above). The waterparks and more option is nice, but it only pays if you were going to a water park/disneyquest more than once during your trip.

I like the hopper as well BUT we’ve done trips without it and we’ve had a great time as well.
And like everyone has said you have tons of options outside the parks. Ohana, Olivia’s, Raglan Road, Grand Floridian Cafe, Kona Cafe, Chef Mickey’s and 1900 Park Fare are some of my favorites!

The best restaurants in the world tend to be at Epcot or at the deluxe resorts. If you want to spend two points, Cal. Grill is one of the best restaurants in Central FL. If you have picky eaters, the family-style dinners and buffets (like Ohana) are great. LeCellier is a favorite for just about everybody these days. Many choices.

Park Hopper is only way to go if you’re there four days or more. Definitely.

Welcome to MB!!!

As others have stated, you should think about adding the park hopper to your tickets. You can bounce between the parks as many times as you want.

What resort are you staying at???

For restaurants, we mainly eat at the resorts but have eaten at some of the parks. Here are our favs…

MK -Crystal Palace
Columbia Harbor House
Tony’s Town Square

AK - Donald’s Safari Breakfast - Tusker House
Rainforest Cafe

MGM - H&V
Mama Melrose’s

EPCOT - Tutta Italia, Italy
Walk or take a boat to the Boardwalk and there is ESPN Club, Big River Grille. At Yacht Club/Beach Club there is Cape May Cafe and Beaches n Cream (best, best ice cream).

Resorts…

Contemporary - Chef Mickey’s
Grand Floridian - 1900 Park Fare
Polynesian - O’Hana’s
Wilderness Lodge - Whispering Canyon
YC/BC - Cape May Cafe
Ft. Wilderness - Mickey’s Backyard BBQ

Downtown Disney - House of Blues
Planet Hollywood
Earl of Sandwich

Good planning tools to check out…

Books - Ultimate Guide to WDW
Walt Disney World Passport

Websites - Allears.net
Mousebuzz of course
WDWinfo.com
Mousesavers.com

Hope some of this helps. Have fun planning and no matter what question it is, someone will most likely have an answer for you here!

It never fails for us. If we have hoppers, we never hop. If we don’t have them, we wish we did. That being said we now always buy hoppers. While there are a lot of places to eat outside of the parks, we almost always find our way back to Epcot to eat.

Welcome to MB! We always go with hopper tickets, we love going to two or more parks each day, a morning here, an evening there. Its also great for catching fireworks and fantastmic during the evening when you’ve been elsewere for the day!

I think everyone already answered your question but I wanted to say WELCOME! I took off the hopper option too because we just want to relax this trip and not worry about going crazy hopping. Happy planning.

[QUOTE=MrsBrandi;948677]I just booked our first trip (I’m a newbie)
I tried to save money and took off Park Hopper/Water Park/Expire… My question I guess would be… how can I manage now that I got my excellent price with free dining? Does Disney have restaurants that accept the plan outside of the park areas? If so please list a few.
If someone could just guide me or help me understand, I’d really be thankful! I have to be super efficient on this trip, knowing ahead would make me feel a lot better.
Thanks a bunch!
Brandi[/QUOTE]

There are a few places at DTD that accept the DDP and the resorts do too, so you are not limited to just eating at the parks while on the dining plan.

We had park hoppers when we bought our annual passes last May and some days we were in 3 parks. Lunch in one and Dinner in another. Just remember to make reservations early for a sit down meal. They fill up fast. My daughter makes them sometimes 6 months out. It has always worked out. There is usually between 9 to 16 people in our group.

The park hopper just makes your vacation so much less stressful. I remember one day when we planned on spending the day at Animal Kingdom. We were there 1/2 hour, and literally couldn’t move it was so packed. So, change of plans, hopped over the Magic Kingdom, where we spent a wonderful day there, not crowded at all. No matter how hard you try, you can’t predict crowd level from park to park, so it’s great to have that insurance to be able to move your schedule if need be. Also, my DS’s loved moving back and forth from MK to Epcot on the monorail. No stress, just hopped.

Welcome to MB. Hopper is the way to go. The first time you use it to escape a full park you will appriciate it. And since you have 7 days it is fun to be able to float to hit one more times your favorites.

I kinda think you should just keep the regular tickets since it will be your first trip. Once you get addicted like a few of us on here, then park hop!