About those Country Bears

Okay, about those Country Bears.

First- I love them.

Second- I see on the rehab schedule that it takes about 4-5 days for the show to change from Christmas back to regular.

Any idea if the change from Regular to Christmas takes about the same amount of time? I’m guessing it probably does, but there may be something I’m not aware of.

You see… in early November we saw the Christmas show. We’re debating between DL and WDW in October, and having CBJ up and running- preferably the original show- is one of those things that tip the scales in favor of WDW. I just want to make sure I’ve got all the facts when presenting my case for WDW to my dad (benevolent sponsor of, and participant in, said trip). He’s still riding the bitter bus about the Bears being taken out of DL, so this may make the difference.

I am almost positive it closes for about a week or so to change over for each.

I’m sorry I don’t know the answer to your question… but I just had to say… :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: They took Country Bears out of DL? I didn’t know that… That’s terrible… It’s a classic…

Yes…sadly they did :nonono2: DL lost Country Bears to get a very sad copy of the Winnie the Pooh ride :crying: I love the one at MK…but the version at DL is just…wrong :pinch:

If I were ever inclined to visit DL,I won’t now!! No Country Bears???

I can’t imagine NOT having the Country Bears…I bet all the other attractions in DL are still mourning the loss.

:c(

I also don’t know how to answer Andrea’s question!

You know this past Dec trip, was the FIRST time we have seen the bears! They were AWESOME! Pure Americana cornball humor in its best! I don’t care if that is the only thing I get to see, I will miss it no more! I still smile when I think of it! :happy:

How can you help but smile!? It’ simply so cheesy it’s wonderful!

CB will go down for a week in November for the changeover. I would imagine it would be the week prior to Thanksgiving week, but I’m not certain on that.

Last year the Christmas show was up and running that week.

Let’s see if I can find an archive somewhere of last year’s scheduled changes…

ETA: Ah-ha! It was 5 days in the very beginning of November. If I’d only done original research… oh, well, it’s always good to get a chance to mourn DL’s bears.

If I ever get the pictures off the camera, I’m hoping for my shot of Melvin with Chrismas Lights in his big moose antlers for next year’s Christmas card…

It was sad when the country bears left California - but it was not a good version before it left anyway. It was some BAD 90’s type one…not the classic Country Bears. I hope the one in WDW is not the same…

I’ll bet Ginger would know. That’s right in her neighborhood at WDW.

Oh, the Vacation Hoedown kind of grew on me. Still, I really want to see the original. :wub: