Accuweather. . weather

We are just over a week and a half out from our vacation. . .just enough to look at the accuweather extended forecast. . . and it calls for rain the entire week.

Please, please tell me that this could be wrong. . it has changed, but now, I am just thinking how miserable. :frown:

Oh I wouldn’t believe weather forecasts, they are very hit and miss. And should it rain, well, its still your holiday and you’ll still have a fabulous time. Nice weather is a boon, but that’s just something we can’t rely on.

Remember in Florida, the rain can move through pretty quickly… Unless you see a forecast for 100% chance for every day- i would not worry. I went last year with 40-50% chances every day, and it rained one day for about 15 minutes-just long enough for us to buy ponchos after we came out of POTC. Not to worry… remember you are in the happiest place on earth, and we will not be :slight_smile: (Just kidding)… I worry about the weather too- but go and have fun!!!

I have looked at 10 day out weather forecasts for both shuttle launches and Disney vacations and I know from years of experience that long range forecasts are guesses as much as extending a trend into the future.
I’ve seen 80% rain chance for a given day slowly change to 10% rain chance on a day that turns out to be cloudless.
This time of year, rain might not go away quickly because it is part of a cold front that makes it all the way down and then springs back up to the north, or the rainy weather could just hand on for a day.
You should be ready for anything, especially the last couple of last gasp cold fronts with enough in back of them to make it into Florida.

Also, I looked at the 10 day from Weather Channel and the worst rain chance you have is only 40% and next Thursday, Friday, and Sunday are only 30%, which is pretty normal.

They are always wrong

Doubt that it will be an all day event for the whole week. They always put the rain in but you have to check the totals and percentages. Seeing that most days in that range have total precip measured in the hundredths I would say you have a good shot at no rain at all those days.

Although they are the most accurate, even AW can’t get it real close until two to three days in advance.

Sorry, accuweather is NEVER wrong. :laugh:

Don’t sweat it - you can’t do anything about it anyway one way or the other. Just pack a rain jacket so you don’t have to buy one of those overpriced garbage bags that the sell.

if its one thing i’ve learned living in florida, its you cannot count on a weather forecast more than 48 hours out. Don’t stress, yet.

That stinks-I too am always afraid of rain getting us on our trips too. Florida can be so hit or miss. I would hope for the front bringing the rain to go away but pack for it just in case. I always bring a super compact umbrella…sorry I’m not a fan of ponchos:biggrin::biggrin:… and Dh always brings a light water resistant pull-over jacket. Most often we never need to use them though!!

And if it still decides to show up you’ll be prepared to duke it out with the weather and most likely end up with some short wait times for rides when the rest of the crowds who didn’t prepare run back to their cars/hotels/or to the stores for cover:laugh::laugh:

In florida this time of year, at the most its a light afternoon shower that passes very fast. Just bring a poncho and no matter what within 30 minutes ull be high and dry again.

Thanks everyone!!! so, the weather forecast has changed – SURPRISE!!

We will bring our ponchos, our shorts and tank tops, our fleece jackets and pants, and be prepared for whatever weather mother nature throws at us. We will be, afterall, at Disney.

[QUOTE=Magic;1068993]Thanks everyone!!! so, the weather forecast has changed – SURPRISE!!

We will bring our ponchos, our shorts and tank tops, our fleece jackets and pants, and be prepared for whatever weather mother nature throws at us. We will be, afterall, at Disney.[/QUOTE]

Down ski jackets? You forgot them on your packing list! :laugh:

We have those too!

You forgot my family on the list… ha ha… Have a good time!!!