Add-on Park Tickets

My son and I have non-expiration park hopper passes from our last trip. However, my mother and sister do not. We each had to purchase 1-day passes in order to receive the DDP. So, now my son and I have our old passes plus the 1-day while my mom and sister only have the 1-day. So, the two of them are in need of additional tickets. Will it be best if we added days (and park-hopper) when we arrive or should they buy the additional passes in advance?

I recall seeing something regarding price increases in August. I don’t clearly remember whether this referred to park passes. But, I’d like to be on the safe side.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

We have bought them in advance. The one time we waited and bought them at the resort we paid more than we would have paid from home. I would not be surprised to see a price hike before your trip.

I am thinking its always best to buy them in advance to avoid any price increases. I have gotten great deals on tickets at Undercovertourists.com. Orlando attraction tickets - Disney World, Universal Studios, Medieval Times, Arabian Nights, Orlando FlexTicket

Hope this helps.

Thank you very much! I’ll be sure to buy them before I go.

Are you planning to add days to the 1 day passes you already have? If so, I don’t know if that can be done from home. You may have to do that at Guest Services when you get there.

That is my concern. And, so far, the consensus seems to be that I should order the additional days in advance and not wait for my arrival to add days onto the 1-day passes.

I agree that the best general advise on Disney tickets is to buy them before you go. You always pay the highest rate on Disney property, and you have to wait in line. There aren’t many ways to get a great deal, but you can save a bit at home.

Check out this article about ticket prices:
Do cheap Disney World tickets really exist?

Enjoy!

We have purchased advance tickets many times from ticketmania. If your register to get the mousesavers.com newsletter, you will get monthly extra discounts for tickets from undercovertourist. These ticket brokers are both reliable.

Don’t forget AAA. If you our someone in your immediate family is a member you can get great prices for the 2 members who only have a 1 day pass. And they will also send you a Diamond Parking Pass if you ask for it. This gets you into the AAA up front parking areas. DW and I are on AP’s but we always grab one ticket a year from AAA for one of the kids just so we can get the pass. No trams from the parks. Just exit and there is your car.

[QUOTE=DereksMom713;952160]My son and I have non-expiration park hopper passes from our last trip. However, my mother and sister do not. We each had to purchase 1-day passes in order to receive the DDP. So, now my son and I have our old passes plus the 1-day while my mom and sister only have the 1-day. So, the two of them are in need of additional tickets. Will it be best if we added days (and park-hopper) when we arrive or should they buy the additional passes in advance?

I recall seeing something regarding price increases in August. I don’t clearly remember whether this referred to park passes. But, I’d like to be on the safe side.[/QUOTE]

Is everyone sitting there without their thinking caps on??? :blink:

DON’T BUY MORE TICKETS IN ADVANCE, in this situation. Seriously. H-U-G-E waste of money in this situation.

Mom and sister already have 1-day passes as part of their room package. All they need to do at any time after checking-in at the resort is adding days (and the park hopper option, if desired) to that existing ticket. This can be done at the resort’s lobby concierge desk, or at Guest Services at any park (including the water parks) and at Downtown Disney.

It would cost A LOT more money to buy a separate extra ticket in advance from an authorized ticket seller.

For example, let’s say they need 5 days of tickets. They already own a 1-day ticket. If they upgrade that exact ticket at Walt Disney World during their stay by adding 4 days, that will cost an additional $147 + 6.5% tax, or about $156.

But if they buy an additional 4-day ticket in advance from a ticket reseller, that 4-day ticket will cost in the neighborhood of about $229.

Everyone trying to give good advice above has left out of the equation the fact that your Mom and sister have already bought a 1-day pass as part of the package. It makes NO SENSE to buy an entire separate ticket for each of them in advance, versus waiting 'til they get to Disney and upgrade their existing 1-day tickets at any time after check-in. While it’s true that everyone on the package must buy the same ticket as part of the package, once the check-in process is accomplished every ticket becomes independent of every other ticket, and each individual is free to add to or upgrade their ticket as they wish.

So if you follow my advice, your Mom and sister will spend a total of about $313 to upgrade their existing tickets. If you follow everyone else’s advice, your Mom and sister will spend a total of about $458 to buy 4-day passes to use after they use their existing 1-day passes.

Personally, I think spending $313 is better.

[QUOTE=CleveRocks;953277]Is everyone sitting there without their thinking caps on??? :blink:

DON’T BUY MORE TICKETS IN ADVANCE, in this situation. Seriously. H-U-G-E waste of money in this situation.

Mom and sister already have 1-day passes as part of their room package. All they need to do at any time after checking-in at the resort is adding days (and the park hopper option, if desired) to that existing ticket. This can be done at the resort’s lobby concierge desk, or at Guest Services at any park (including the water parks) and at Downtown Disney.

It would cost A LOT more money to buy a separate extra ticket in advance from an authorized ticket seller.

For example, let’s say they need 5 days of tickets. They already own a 1-day ticket. If they upgrade that exact ticket at Walt Disney World during their stay by adding 4 days, that will cost an additional $147 + 6.5% tax, or about $156.

But if they buy an additional 4-day ticket in advance from a ticket reseller, that 4-day ticket will cost in the neighborhood of about $229.

Everyone trying to give good advice above has left out of the equation the fact that your Mom and sister have already bought a 1-day pass as part of the package. It makes NO SENSE to buy an entire separate ticket for each of them in advance, versus waiting 'til they get to Disney and upgrade their existing 1-day tickets at any time after check-in. While it’s true that everyone on the package must buy the same ticket as part of the package, once the check-in process is accomplished every ticket becomes independent of every other ticket, and each individual is free to add to or upgrade their ticket as they wish.

So if you follow my advice, your Mom and sister will spend a total of about $313 to upgrade their existing tickets. If you follow everyone else’s advice, your Mom and sister will spend a total of about $458 to buy 4-day passes to use after they use their existing 1-day passes.

Personally, I think spending $313 is better.[/QUOTE]

That’s excellent advice!!! Thanks so much. Whew!!!